PDA

View Full Version : Back to say hello

direwolfprimary
07-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Whoa, so, hey. I'm direwolfprimary. I'm from way back when ultimate rpg was on y! groups. Anyhoo, I was digging through old correspondence and came across some references to this place. So, I thought I'd stop by and say hello, see if anyone recognizes the name, and see what's been going on since the days of old.

(I see someone decided to put my handle on a sort of notables list. I think I'm more like a fallen one, but I won't argue.)

So, ah, hello.

HKim
07-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Whoa, so, hey. I'm direwolfprimary. I'm from way back when ultimate rpg was on y! groups. Anyhoo, I was digging through old correspondence and came across some references to this place. So, I thought I'd stop by and say hello, see if anyone recognizes the name, and see what's been going on since the days of old.

(I see someone decided to put my handle on a sort of notables list. I think I'm more like a fallen one, but I won't argue.)

So, ah, hello.

Dire! Good to see you!

You probably don't remember me, but I've heard a lot about you! I've discussed in length about the URPG history with you and the other "notables" such as Flare, Figgy, Jose, Nin, and many others of the "founding fathers". You guys lived by the seat of your pants back then and all of us here can only imagine what it was like back in those pioneering days.

You're a living legend sir and you'll find that we're all glad to see you again. If you ever want to battle, trust me, you'll find your challenges answered tenfold by the numerous members here.

-Pichu Boy-
07-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Well, I don't remember the name, but it's always nice to meet new people! ^^ Welcome back.

What is it with summer and with URPGers returning from inactivity? :o

HKim
07-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Well, I don't remember the name, but it's always nice to meet new people! ^^ Welcome back.

What is it with summer and with URPGers returning from inactivity? :o

Heh, you're looking at one of the first people to join the URPG. In fact, Dire ran the URPG for some time before passing the leadership to Figgy. That was quite some time ago since Figgy was the one who brought the URPG to PE2K.

They had a lot of fun ideas back then too, including special URPG teams composed of 4 people that spied, backstabbed, and battled each other. Sadly these are elements lost to time, but I'm sure were amazing at the start of the URPG.

Heh, just think, the URPG has been around since 1997. It's been going on for more than a decade!

direwolfprimary
07-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

You probably don't remember me, but I've heard a lot about you! I've discussed in length about the URPG history with you and the other "notables" such as Flare, Figgy, Jose, Nin, and many others of the "founding fathers". You guys lived by the seat of your pants back then and all of us here can only imagine what it was like back in those pioneering days.

Yeah, I recall those AIM messages; if nothing else, I'm sure I'll be pleasantly surprised by what's in my message logs. (You wouldn't happen to be a fan of Star Trek Voyager, would you?)

But wow, this brings back a lot of memories. Those were fun times. Perhaps, even, inspirational times; I mean, I almost committed to being a writer. 1997, huh? Some of us (most?) were kids back then; it makes me feel old somehow.

So, who from the "Old Guard," so to speak, are still around? I've been meaning to look up white_rider; I lost his contact info a while back.

DaRkUmBrEoN
07-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I recall those AIM messages; if nothing else, I'm sure I'll be pleasantly surprised by what's in my message logs. (You wouldn't happen to be a fan of Star Trek Voyager, would you?)

But wow, this brings back a lot of memories. Those were fun times. Perhaps, even, inspirational times; I mean, I almost committed to being a writer. 1997, huh? Some of us (most?) were kids back then; it makes me feel old somehow.

So, who from the "Old Guard," so to speak, are still around? I've been meaning to look up white_rider; I lost his contact info a while back.
Obviously HKim stand for Harry Kim from Voyager.

As for who's around... Flare comes by sometimes, we've got Scott and Jack still here. Dunno many other old members.

-]DU[-

flareon008
07-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes I still come by to cause some trouble.

Why hello dire! It seems much as changed in our once little world. Now if we could find your best buddy figgy!

Dr Scott
07-30-2008, 03:25 PM
You stink, Flare.

DIRE :x. Is it really you? :P.

Man, I remember back when I first joined and you and Figgy helped me out. You were always my favorite leader guy.

Probably won't remember me, but I was gotenks2610 (aka the god of beheading XD) back in the old Yahoo group / club / whatever.

Great to see you, hope you can stay a while ^_^.

flareon008
07-30-2008, 03:35 PM
You stink, Flare.

DIRE :x. Is it really you? :P.

Man, I remember back when I first joined and you and Figgy helped me out. You were always my favorite leader guy.

Probably won't remember me, but I was gotenks2610 (aka the god of beheading XD) back in the old Yahoo group / club / whatever.

Great to see you, hope you can stay a while ^_^.

Favorite leader? Now I'm hurt. This is why I never liked you Scott! Where the crying smiley? Former leaders can get your mod revoked.

flareon008
07-30-2008, 04:29 PM
For anyone that wanted to see the old girl:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/thepokemonultrarpg/messages

Jack of Clovers
07-30-2008, 07:16 PM
bmloop = akdude. I don't think there's anyone else from Yahoo still around these days, besides the ones previously mentioned.

Perhaps you remember a certain leprechaun, though I was pretty quiet back then. You passed my Reffing Test. Nice to see ya drop by, Dire. A lot has changed since our simple Yahoo days.

~Jack~

HKim
07-31-2008, 01:50 AM
Favorite leader? Now I'm hurt. This is why I never liked you Scott! Where the crying smiley? Former leaders can get your mod revoked.

lol, you're hilarious Flare. Didn't know you made frequent visits. That's pretty cool.

It's also interesting to note that Dire passed Lep's ref test. Talk about connections! You could make a family tree of who passed who and find that everyone leads back to these "experienced" URPGers. Fascinating stuff.

SiberianTiger
07-31-2008, 01:52 AM
Good to see you Dire.

~Isaiah

koolcurtis
07-31-2008, 03:02 AM
lol, my banner is soooo old.

hey fellow vets. thought i should drop by and say hi too.
*shakes everyones hand and beheads scott* whahaha
If anyone know any other vets, tell them to post here also. Let's see how many vets show up to pay our respects :P

also if anyone wants to play cod4 on xboxlive my gamer tag is YOU AINT READYY.
P.S. if lep ever types anything weird, you know its me. hahahahaha i'm so evil :P

SiberianTiger
07-31-2008, 04:42 PM

If anyone know any other vets, tell them to post here also. Let's see how many vets show up to pay our respects :P

P.S. if lep ever types anything weird, you know its me. hahahahaha i'm so evil :P

Added as soon as I get on live.

I could probably see if Nin would consider posting here.

~Isaiah

Focal
07-31-2008, 08:44 PM

Proboards or the Yahoo vets? D=

Nintendofreak000
07-31-2008, 08:50 PM
Wow I can't believe I can still log in...I can't believe Flare still has my MSN @@

Focal
07-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Wow I can't believe I can still log in...I can't believe Flare still has my MSN @@

Nin! =D I still have your AIM! Most of us have missed you, come back to us. ;_;

HKim
07-31-2008, 08:55 PM

Well dang. Looks like everyone is here now. I haven't seen such a gathering of vets in years.

Nitrous Oxide
07-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Ninty, can I have one million dollars!? :tongue:

I have a post on the second page of the starter requests, am I a vet yet? :sad:

SiberianTiger
07-31-2008, 09:00 PM
Ninty, can I have one million dollars!? :tongue:

I have a post on the second page of the starter requests, am I a vet yet? :sad:

In a word.

No

~Isaiah

Focal
07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
In a word. No

~Isaiah

In two words: Foocl Pooned.

Marth
07-31-2008, 09:18 PM
Well what do you know, only Figgy's missing now and we'll have a full set.
Vet = You joined in the URPG Yahoo Group, or the Ultimate RPG.

Focal
07-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Well what do you know, only Figgy's missing now and we'll have a full set.
Vet = You joined in the URPG Yahoo Group, or the Ultimate RPG.

So that would make Proboarders... semi-vets?

Dr Scott
07-31-2008, 09:54 PM
URPG wise, yes XP.

We were called vets when we first got to the boards. Granted, it fits to many more people now, but the term fits for the 'originals' because that's how it was first used.

And CURTIS! I suck at CoD, but I'd be happy to play Halo with you sometime ^_^.

NIN! You posted!?

And we still need Figgy, Marmar, Jose, Stripeduck, and Fair to make it a complete set. Oh, and Jag.

Marth
07-31-2008, 10:25 PM
URPG wise, yes XP.

We were called vets when we first got to the boards. Granted, it fits to many more people now, but the term fits for the 'originals' because that's how it was first used.

And CURTIS! I suck at CoD, but I'd be happy to play Halo with you sometime ^_^.

NIN! You posted!?

And we still need Figgy, Marmar, Jose, Stripeduck, and Fair to make it a complete set. Oh, and Jag.
I can get Jose, I have him on my MSN... dunno 'bout the others.

Proboards = NeoVets.

Nitrous Oxide
08-01-2008, 02:51 AM
I can get Jose, I have him on my MSN... dunno 'bout the others.

Proboards = NeoVets.

Then what are the Empire.ma.cx people? :sad:

koolcurtis
08-01-2008, 08:15 AM
sadly figgy is gone and has no contact info i think. i remember he always left in any important battle i had with him, grrr. and what happened to teeshtwo? she was cool and always rdy to battle. those were the days...

Nintendofreak000
08-01-2008, 09:29 PM
sadly figgy is gone and has no contact info i think. i remember he always left in any important battle i had with him, grrr. and what happened to teeshtwo? she was cool and always rdy to battle. those were the days...
You and me both bro haha...he always bailed on that final elite battle against me...

haha, but I eventually won by default. == Not exactly a satisfying.

I'm pretty impressed with what PE2k did with this place...Its still alive and kicking man.

How come the first thing people say to me when I post is "Can I have some money?" ==

And we're missing Naz, and Keegan and Moony and Pelican....oh god now we're talking OLD.

That was like...Vets = there before the millenium ...shiiiiiiiiiiit....

@Scott: Yo sup BKing. Long time no talk, how's it kickin?

Nitrous Oxide
08-03-2008, 04:42 AM
You and me both bro haha...he always bailed on that final elite battle against me...

haha, but I eventually won by default. == Not exactly a satisfying.

I'm pretty impressed with what PE2k did with this place...Its still alive and kicking man.

How come the first thing people say to me when I post is "Can I have some money?" ==

And we're missing Naz, and Keegan and Moony and Pelican....oh god now we're talking OLD.

That was like...Vets = there before the millenium ...shiiiiiiiiiiit....

@Scott: Yo sup BKing. Long time no talk, how's it kickin?
Lol Ninty, it's because you're the richest member ever. XD

Dr Scott
08-03-2008, 05:25 AM
Bah, I'd settle for only Naz out of that list, he was basically the mascot for the URPG. I have talked to him every great once in a while.

And Figgy is alive, Fair talked to him a while back in some random DDR forum or something.

Great to see ya Nin, you rock.

Teesh ... I'm sure she's out there somewhere xP

Maleficent
08-03-2008, 05:30 AM
Dire, I sure of heck don't know you so I'll have to get to know you, and welcome back to URPG.

[Fair]
08-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all! (What?) Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all...Poké-veterans. (I think I need to work on that last part. o_O )

I could probably still get in touch with Figgy, if I can remember where I found him. :eh:

P.S. Hi everybody!

P.P.S. I still have this Death Note Avatar/Sig combo? lol...I should probably get around to changing it sometime. XD

Jack of Clovers
08-04-2008, 12:55 AM
It's starting to look like a Team Elite reunion here.

~Jack~

HKim
08-04-2008, 12:57 AM
It's starting to look like a Team Elite reunion here.

~Jack~

Brings back the memories, eh, old man?

RPGBoss
08-04-2008, 11:27 AM

So, ah, hello.

Awesome..Its the best to see Super Vets come back...it is such a great feeling...I come to the thread to pay my respects to the guys that came up with awesome idea!!:smile:

WoW...Curtis...you& Marth taught me hoe to ref back in like 2003....:smile:...IU have been asking for you since I came back myself..like about a month ago now....Its so great to see you...!!! Welcome back !!
O.o Nin.....:eek:...Holy...HOly...You came back from the dead!!!....OMG I can hardly believe..I have also mentioned your name in the chatrooms....

But yah I would the only kickin vet we're missing its Shroomish..and then this place goes Kaboom!!

Dr Scott
08-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Come back to us Nin ;_;.

And Team Elite is like Team Crippled Old Man, most of us are either gone or very inactive. Surprisingly the majority of people who came from the URPG have gone on to become mods, though. I wonder if Naz would have ...

And FAIR, YOU GET YER BOOTY BACK HERE. We miss you.

Oh, and get Figgy, that would be GRRR-EAT.

*Beheads Jack for old time's sake*

Milotic Master1
08-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Eww this thread has become a retirement home.

'Ello to all you old peoples, or founding fathers of Urpg. You should come back, we need some old blood in Urpg O_o.

Oh oh Scott. Before you tell people to come back you should get active yourself. I still remember my 3v3 I won was against you ;_;.

Hopefully I'll cya' guys around more. *scurries away*.

flareon008
08-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Nin, you know you enjoy having me on MSN and our conversations once every 6 months. Ask Raul - he cannot live without me. Oh Fair, what a pleasure to see you again. I thought I wouldn't have the chance to make fun of you anymore. Your sig looks emo. I hope Bob Dole no longer ruins your image.

I think Figgy and Jose would be a nice addition to the gathering. Naz and Teshtwo are probably still on Yahoo's messenger. Remind Naz of the pink bunnies.

Marth
08-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Nin, you know you enjoy having me on MSN and our conversations once every 6 months. Ask Raul - he cannot live without me. Oh Fair, what a pleasure to see you again. I thought I wouldn't have the chance to make fun of you anymore. Your sig looks emo. I hope Bob Dole no longer ruins your image.

I think Figgy and Jose would be a nice addition to the gathering. Naz and Teshtwo are probably still on Yahoo's messenger. Remind Naz of the pink bunnies.
Pfft, I've got you blocked on MSN at the moment. And I got Jose to register, so few people left.

josedecos
08-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Hey guys, remember that sexy male Cerulean Gym Leader!?
I came here to say hello to all the oldbies and to meet the new people that have kept this, well, legacy going on! I still have a lot of you on my msn, I just forget who's who on my list, so be sure to drop me a line so i can remember which username fits with who here!:P

Wow...its been so so long guys, thanks Dux for clueing me into this!

Dr Scott
08-05-2008, 12:29 AM
JOSE!!!!

It's been forever man, how are you? Hit me up on AIM sometime (if you have it).

This is gotenks2610 by the way.

Never could beat your gym, I honestly think you're the best gym leader EVAR :o.

Even though everyone now has 3,0000000000000000000 (no point adding commas) TMs.

Losers.

Marth
08-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Back in the good days, Nin would not write all TM's of his Pokémon... they all had all the TM's. He was the big ol' reffing machine way before Ataro and May arrived here =P

Focal
08-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Back in the good days, Nin would not write all TM's of his Pokémon... they all had all the TM's. He was the big ol' reffing machine way before Ataro and May arrived here =P

And the owner of the first egg, Articuno! =D

I remember nin the most, he was my idol back then.

Jack of Clovers
08-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Hey Jose. I still remember your fearful Cerulean Gym, heh.

*Beheads Jack for old time's sake*

Good times.

~Jack~

Snow Fairy Sugar
08-07-2008, 04:10 AM
Lol, how much were you referees paid? I still feel like I'm overworked and underpaid. :[
Can you spare a million? :o

[Fair]
08-07-2008, 05:12 AM
And FAIR, YOU GET YER BOOTY BACK HERE. We miss you.

Oh, and get Figgy, that would be GRRR-EAT.
I don't think I could ever really come back...I've tried a few times, but eh...it's just not the same. :oops: As for Figgy, I'll see what I can do!

Oh Fair, what a pleasure to see you again. I thought I wouldn't have the chance to make fun of you anymore. Your sig looks emo. I hope Bob Dole no longer ruins your image.

lol...I took a big swig of Mountain Dew right before I read your message, and almost choked on it. XD It's uh...good to see you too, Flare! How about this new sig? Still emo? :razz:

Nintendofreak000
08-08-2008, 05:05 AM
And the owner of the first egg, Articuno! =D

I remember nin the most, he was my idol back then.

Haha woooah there, idol I'm not. Would like to clear things up, I'm actually not the first owner of eggs, nor am I even the first owner of that particular Articuno Egg :P. Waaaaaaaay back when before the millenium, in the Ultimate RPG, we had a legendary egg system that only founding members had, and you could fight them for it, but the owners always were allowed ridiculous advantages in the battle to make it hard to get... Well it was after the Ultra RPG that got formed that I finally nabbed that egg from Pelican in a good old battle :P.

@Marth: Haha Listing TMs was soo tedious. But back then the URPG was my full time job. I did story grading, ref testing, Elite battling, Pokemart, starter request and at one point, modding, blacklisting, rule writing...everything.

@Scott: Sup Burger King, how's it kickin? Naz would never have made mod :P But he gave us a good old distraction every time we needed it. Don't forget Rock the movie(s). Don't hug rocks :P.

@Jose: Man. Don't get me started wit' you man. I don't hear from you anymore, I don't see any news about you anymore. Man what happened to you, you think you can just come back here and not even say hi to ol buddy nin? :P

direwolfprimary
08-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Waaaaaaaay back when before the millenium, in the Ultimate RPG, we had a legendary egg system that only founding members had, and you could fight them for it, but the owners always were allowed ridiculous advantages in the battle to make it hard to get... Well it was after the Ultra RPG that got formed that I finally nabbed that egg from Pelican in a good old battle :P.

Holy crap, I remember those battles. I was always laughing through those since it was so broken. It seemed like so much trouble that I made sure never to own or to try to own an egg.

Anyway, it's cool to see a bunch of familiar handles in the Ultra RPG. Nice to hear from y'all again.

Dap04
08-15-2008, 03:45 PM

So, ah, hello.

Hey dire, it's always good to have another old member back, especially someone from yahoo.

Hey also to all the other vets coming back, hope you can keep coming back once in awhile to visit the place.

josedecos
08-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Haha woooah there, idol I'm not. Would like to clear things up, I'm actually not the first owner of eggs, nor am I even the first owner of that particular Articuno Egg :P. Waaaaaaaay back when before the millenium, in the Ultimate RPG, we had a legendary egg system that only founding members had, and you could fight them for it, but the owners always were allowed ridiculous advantages in the battle to make it hard to get... Well it was after the Ultra RPG that got formed that I finally nabbed that egg from Pelican in a good old battle :P.

@Marth: Haha Listing TMs was soo tedious. But back then the URPG was my full time job. I did story grading, ref testing, Elite battling, Pokemart, starter request and at one point, modding, blacklisting, rule writing...everything.

@Scott: Sup Burger King, how's it kickin? Naz would never have made mod :P But he gave us a good old distraction every time we needed it. Don't forget Rock the movie(s). Don't hug rocks :P.

@Jose: Man. Don't get me started wit' you man. I don't hear from you anymore, I don't see any news about you anymore. Man what happened to you, you think you can just come back here and not even say hi to ol buddy nin? :P
Pfft Nin! You're the one whos MIA! Go to MSN you foo! D=

flareon008
08-18-2008, 05:16 PM
;2388621']
lol...I took a big swig of Mountain Dew right before I read your message, and almost choked on it. XD It's uh...good to see you too, Flare! How about this new sig? Still emo? :razz:

How am I suppose to respond to someone with 'Mongolian Chop Squad' in their sig?