PDA

View Full Version : [DS] After Fantasy

WorkThoseStripes
08-08-2008, 09:10 AM
After Fantasy
This is a world where evil won.

Plot

The planet of Gaia, a small world divided by four Continents, but united by Four Houses. A world of mystery, but a world of sadness. Things used to be peaceful, life used to be safe and people used to be happy. The people prayed to their Goddess, the Heaven, a being who only a few claimed they had seen, yet all believed in Her existance. Times like those, however, are merely a memory now, like a dream. In the times of peace, Gaia's four Houses were controlled by Four Houses;

The House of Alexandros, the Royal Family of the Humes, controlled the North Continent, their people living in stone houses and working in the mines in search of the planets raw materials. House Alexandros owned the Trade Market, supplying the other continenets with the means to survive; coal, wood and fine food, for the best food came from the North. The Trade Market also dealt weapons and armor which were, in many ways, better than the weapons of the other Continents, for the Humes were the masters of weapons.

The House of Phoenix, the Royal Family of the Anima, ruled the East Continent. While the Anima did not have the greatest weapons, nor the greatest resources, they had a strength all of their own. The Anima each had the ability to turn into their own, unique creature and it was in their animal forms that they fought whatever battles came their way. The Anima were also gifted with enhanced speed, sight, smell, hearing and were well known for their fine music, often coming to perform for the other continents and bringing them entertainment.

The House of Visu, the Royal Family of the Seer's, controlled the South Continent. Rumour has it that they were once Humes themselves, but they were given a gift from The Heaven, the gist of Sight. The Seer's were given the ability to see into the future. However, to come across a Seer who can control this ability is rare, as most glimpse the future at random, rather than when they choose. The Seer's have also discoverd how to use the planets magics, using the magics in their battles. Not all the magics have been uncovered, but they range from fire magics, to protection magics.

The House of Cur, the Royal Family of the Faer, lived in the West Continent. The Faer are not fighters, like the rest of the planets races, but healers. They have, in their time, developed a deep conection with the planet and use it's energy to heal the wounded, though they cannot save someone who is on the verge of death. This connection to the planet has also given the Faer the ability to sense it's feelings, be this a good thing or a bad thing. However, the Faer are not completely useless in battle, for a select few have a power of their own called Cleanse. While the Cleanse magic is rare in Faer's, it is a powerful magic to be feared. Cleanse is a magic that will, however, only work on Shadows and, most likely, Demons. It cleanses away the evil, essentially purifying the opponent, and as Shadows and Demons are made purely of evil, they will be destroyed.

While the four races of Gaia had the means to fight, there never came a reason to go to battle. The four Houses got on well and arguments and disagreements were rare. Even if a House had felt reason to go to war, they were clever enough to know not to, for the four Houses needed each other. They needed the Faer's healing magics, the entertainment of the Anima, the Sight and magics of the Seer's and the Trade Market of the Humes. War was not an option for Gaia.

There was only one reason for someone in Gaia to engage in combat and that was to defeat the Shadows. The Shadows were dark creatures, born from dark thoughts and dark emotions. No matter how many Shadows were killed, they would never disappear unless dark thoughts and emotions were taken away, something that could not be done.

However, war came on swift feet for the planet of Gaia, but it was not started by the Houses. It was started by the Shadows, four Shadows in particular. However, unlike most Shadows, these four Shadows were intelligent, they had personalities and more human forms than the others. What's more, they were stronger than any Shadow had ever been. They were called Demons. The Demons brought together armies of Shadows and attacked the four Houses, defeating them and taking them over.

The Demons, now in control of all Gaia, banned the Houses from interacting with each other, and wars were begun as the Demons, though at first they set out together, hated each other and each wanted control over all four continents. The East, South and West lost the Trade Market, falling into poverty and without the means to fight and defend themselves like they used to. Though they could get their own food and raw materials and make their own weapons, things were not as good as they used to be. The North, the South and the West lost the entertainment, having nothing left to distract them from the misery they had slipped into. The North, the East and the West no longer had the Sight and Magics of the Seer's and, having been so used to having glimpses of what the future held, slipped into fear of what might happen to them the next day. The North, the East and the South lost the healing magics of the Faers and were unable to heal their wounded, the death rates rising higher and higher.

Gaia had fallen, ruled by an evil force that could not be stopped, but there was one thing to keep them going, their faith. Though it was banned and the Temples had been torn down, in secret the people of Gaia still made their prayer to the Heaven, wishing that one day she would come down and free them from this horror. There are some, unfortunately, who have lost that faith as well.

What will you do? Are you a person desperate to avenge the death of a loved one? Do you want to save the world? Do you want to run and hide? Are you just trying to cope with the way things have got. It is ten years since the Demons rule began and spirits are sinking lower and lower. The Demons must be defeated, Gaia must return to how it was. Make your prayers to the Heaven and set out on your own journey. Whatever you are looking for, you can only find it if you search.

Additional Notes

Gaiai is a small, but vast world. I haven't got a map at the moment, but I will post it up if I get one. If one has not been made by the time the RP starts, then I will allow complete freedom in naming and placing of towns, villages, cities and capitals, ect. Please note, the Royal Family's houses, or where they used to live, are always in the capitals of the Continents and the Demons live in them. The Seer capital, the House of Visu, is placed in the Mountains of the South Continent.
You can have people who are half of one race and half of another, however remember that these characters will be feared by other people as they would see them as an 'illegal being'.
A reminder not to steal any names, ideas or characters used in this RP, be it from me or other roleplayers.
You can have more than one character, but only have as many as you can cope with.
You can be a member of one of the fallen houses, but please take note of the Royal Familie's histories that will be added bit by bit to this post. I will simply add the histories according to how people sign up. You must also remember that they no longer rule and are not rich and powerful, like they once were.
Demons are NCPs, played by me when needed, but if you wish to play one then tell me and I will post up information about them that you will need.

Characters

House of Pheonix
King Vedain Matharu (deceased - fell in battle)
Queen Simran Matharu (deceased - fell in battle)

King Eliadon (brother of Vedain) (deceased)

Crown Prince Dursha
Prince Seileth (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2375835&postcount=4)
Princess Senalia

House of Alexandros

House of Visu
King Zulon (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2376631&postcount=84)
Prince Zayth
Malik Fiore - Anima/Seer (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2376631&postcount=70) (though nobody except himself knows that he is related to the Royal Family)
All other members deceased.

House of Cur
Princess Rei (mother of Terra, deceased)
Terra Solitudem (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2376643&postcount=8)
All other members deceased.

Phoenix Sol - Anima (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2376643&postcount=8)
Rai Toshown - Seer/Hume (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2376887&postcount=13)
Vanessa and Grace - Anima and Wolf (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2376631&postcount=7)
Kai Sarros (The Black Wind) - Hume/Seer (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2376631&postcount=2)
Corum Uzur - Faer (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2376631&postcount=97)
Gai Kurogane - Hume (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2376631&postcount=99)

Locations

Centrus Pandora - A dungeon that lies in the center of the planet, connecting the four continents together. It was built over 600 years ago, by the leaders of the four Houses, to keep any law breaking civilians trapped in an attempt to keep Gaia peaceful. The dungeon itself is dug into the ground and goes down very deep into the earth, giving the dungeon many floors. The dungeon cannot be seen when on top of the land, save for a small stone structure with a heavily locked metal door, always with a guard outside. This door leads down into the dark dungeons. The dungeon is impossible to escape from without help from the outside and, because of this, the dungeon has no cells and it allows the prisoners to wander about the many floors doing as they please.
When the four Demons took control they freed all the prisoners from Centrus Pandora, allowing criminals and murderes to roam free, and instead chucked in members of the Royal Houses, who still lived, and members of any resistances. That is, of course, if they can find them. Once prisoners are chucked in there, they are given no food or water and are simply left to die. Furthermore, any dead bodies are not cleared out.

Sky Point - Sky Point is located in the southern tip of the North Continent. This town isn't too big or too small, so it carried different social classes before the Demons took over. The reason why its called Sky Point is because it's massive and towering buildings which all have long steeples. In the day the towers look magnifiscent and peaceful while during the night the towers look menacing because there are barely any traces of light outside due to a curfew.
This city houses many birds due to the height of the towers. The city is surrounded by forest with a small path leading north. there is a river about a mile off to the west. many people stay out of the wilderness because the city isn't too far from Centrus and no one wants to run into anyone who has just been let out of there. The bad thing about the town is that there is crime breaking out due to the releasing of prisoners of Centrus. This town is also one of the hot spots of where the Black Wind is seen. he is a small one man resistance.

Accepted

Deathspector
workthosestripes
xenoman
PokemonKnowItAllVanessa
funnyguy91
iplaygc
skiboydoggy

Reserved

operative123
metal sonic
Empoleonx2

Denied/Banned

WorkThoseStripes
08-08-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm editing this post to replace it with something a bit more helpful than me shouting..err..stuff. I'm going to fill it with what hasm in brief, been happening in the RP so far. This is so that if anyone takes a day or two away from the computer, or things move a little faster than usual, they can look up here to see what has happened.
Just an easier way to catch up.

Anyway, this will come soon, I'm tired right now though.

funnyguy91
08-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Yes ive been waiting on this discussion thread for days.

I need some help with something. should i make up the town that my character lives in, if not can you just give it a random name yourself.

Redmario
08-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I also have a quick question before I try to sign up my guy for this role play. How advanced is the technology of the world in the role play. Is it more along the line of steam powered machinery/ancient machinery or is more advanced than that?

I ask this because my characters main image revolves around a intellectual character that is being hunted by the demons for the knowledge he possess on powerful technology and I just have to know so I can finish my sign up correctly.

Deathspector
08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I also have a quick question before I try to sign up my guy for this role play. How advanced is the technology of the world in the role play. Is it more along the line of steam powered machinery/ancient machinery or is more advanced than that?

I ask this because my characters main image revolves around a intellectual character that is being hunted by the demons for the knowledge he possess on powerful technology and I just have to know so I can finish my sign up correctly.

It's set in a medieval Europe sort of setting. So no, there won't be any steam powered machinery. Mostly horse-drawn or manual. That's as far as I know.

Deathspector

funnyguy91
08-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Will there be a currency system or will there be a system of trading.

And if there is a currency system what are we using as currency.

WorkThoseStripes
08-08-2008, 06:43 PM
D:

Well, as far as naming towns go, you can do it yourself. I will add it to the locationlist and put it on a map if and when I make one. Here's an idea. If ever you're going to make a location, just put the details of it here so I can put it on the list for others to look at.

The trade market has died, so trade won't really be going on.

As for currency, I don't want to make anything complicated, so shall we just go for the whole Gold coins, Silver coins and Bronze coins?

10 bronze -> Silver
5 Silver -> Gold

Agreed? All in favor say aye!

Oh and the RP will start tomorrow morning, as in my morning. Which is about, errrr, 15 hours from when this was posted.

funnyguy91
08-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Are any of the continents separated by water

WorkThoseStripes
08-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Urrr, no, it's all one big landmass, seperated at the boreders by huge brick walls and, at the center, the entrance to Centrus Pandora.
Of course, therewill be rivers, feel free to add those sort of things in.

funnyguy91
08-08-2008, 09:35 PM
This is a town that I made up for the setting of my character.

Sky Point

Sky Point is located in the southern tip of the North Continent. This town isn't too big or too small, so it carried different social classes before the Demons took over. The reason why its called Sky Point is because it's massive and towering buildings which all have long steeples. In the day the towers look magnifiscent and peaceful while during the night the towers look menacing because there are barely any traces of light outside due to a curfew.

This city houses many birds due to the height of the towers. The city is surrounded by forest with a small path leading north. there is a river about a mile off to the west. many people stay out of the wilderness because the city isn't too far from Centrus and no one wants to run into anyone who has just been let out of there. The bad thing about the town is that there is crime breaking out due to the releasing of prisoners of Centrus. This town is also one of the hot spots of where the Black Wind is seen. he is a small one man resistance.

WorkThoseStripes
08-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks for that one, I added it to the list. :)

Mmm'hmmm, looking forward to starting this.

Scourge of Amaranth
08-09-2008, 02:27 AM
D: I'm leaving for a week... takeoff is the the day after tomorrow, so my posting will be... iffy. I know for a FACT that I'll have internet access; a way to type posts is in question, though. Damn Disney concierge (sp?) levels are ridiculously stingy with their computer time. >.>''

~IGC t DM+

WorkThoseStripes
08-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Well, here's a plan, if I start it soon (oday or tomorrow), then you're character doesn't really have to interact with a character, yet, plus he's got his Faer girl.
Then, when you get back, I will send you a detailed post of what has happened with everyone else and, see how things go from there?

Deathspector
08-09-2008, 02:56 PM
I hope you don't mind, but any locations I'm likely to come up with will only really be via my RPing, as I'm a very spontaneous type of RPer.

Deathspector

PS: Aye! ^^;

WorkThoseStripes
08-09-2008, 03:15 PM
That'll be fine, what I'll do is, whenever you mention a town or something in a bit of detail or whatnot, I will read through and type up on here what I've worked out.

Hmmm, It's been over the time when I said I would start so, I think it's about time that I did actually start.

;D

Deathspector
08-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Hmmm, It's been over the time when I said I would start so, I think it's about time that I did actually start.

;D

Haha. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
08-09-2008, 04:02 PM
It's, like, all started and stuff! *parties*
Cake, anyone?

I just posted my opening post and I kind of remembered the days when my Sign Ups and posts were about the size of my sig. ;D
Oh, those were times.

I think I may have improved? Just a bit, maybe?

Deathspector
08-09-2008, 05:01 PM
It's, like, all started and stuff! *parties*
Cake, anyone?

I'm fine with my Coke, thanks

I just posted my opening post and I kind of remembered the days when my Sign Ups and posts were about the size of my sig. ;D
Oh, those were times.

I think I may have improved? Just a bit, maybe?

Well, I didn't used to RP with you back then so I couldn't say. xP

But you're pretty good now, so I'd think so yeah. Boy, did we all have those sig-sized posts...

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
08-09-2008, 05:28 PM
In response to not knowing what Shadows look like.

Yeah, I've never really had a big idea on what they looked like. I like the idea of them being kind of, undescribable, fear incarnate or something. They are made up of negative feelings and whatnot.

I supposed that's not going to make it very easy though.

If in doubt, imagine Orcs (yay for originality), but more scary than gruesome.

As for Demons, in case anyone asks. I'm going to say they look like humans, but their skin is black->grey, they ahve sharp teeth, purely black eyes, whatnot.

Deathspector
08-09-2008, 05:31 PM
In response to not knowing what Shadows look like.

Yeah, I've never really had a big idea on what they looked like. I like the idea of them being kind of, undescribable, fear incarnate or something. They are made up of negative feelings and whatnot.

I supposed that's not going to make it very easy though.

If in doubt, imagine Orcs (yay for originality), but more scary than gruesome.

As for Demons, in case anyone asks. I'm going to say they look like humans, but their skin is black->grey, they ahve sharp teeth, purely black eyes, whatnot.

Fear incarnate? Negative feelings?

You've just given me freedom. xD I shouldn't have too much trouble coming up with an image for them now. Just I was wondering if they're solid or not. But obviously, if they're like Orcs then they would be.

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
08-09-2008, 05:41 PM
I've used Shadows for a book I wrote not so long back, in a different world and stuff obviously, but I kind of nicked the idea for them from myself, but that's okay I think. P:

I was never sure what they were, and most of the time, when my character would battle them, I would describe it was if they were fighting fear.

It's hard, 'cause describing something that is meant to be really scary isn't, well, it's definately not easy for me anyway. P:

Have fun with your freedom. ;D

I'd beware though, 'cause if Phoenix finds ya, you're gonna be on the wrong end of a girl-rant. ;D

Mmmm, must post with Terra.

Deathspector
08-09-2008, 06:41 PM
I've used Shadows for a book I wrote not so long back, in a different world and stuff obviously, but I kind of nicked the idea for them from myself, but that's okay I think. P:

I was never sure what they were, and most of the time, when my character would battle them, I would describe it was if they were fighting fear.

It's hard, 'cause describing something that is meant to be really scary isn't, well, it's definately not easy for me anyway. P:

Have fun with your freedom. ;D

I'd beware though, 'cause if Phoenix finds ya, you're gonna be on the wrong end of a girl-rant. ;D

Mmmm, must post with Terra.

Yes. Seileth is keeping an eye out for Phoenix, don't worry.

And I need to post with Corum. I dunno when I'll do it, though.

Deathspector

funnyguy91
08-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Yes!, the RP is finally starting and with BANG!!!

Scourge of Amaranth
08-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Ergeblehbleh.

I shall have a laptop on my vacation--my dad's bringing his. I will likely be able to post and keep up with you guys... my writing might just not be amazingly top-notch (as far as my writing goes, xP). Reading up will be possible, at least.

No guarantees on the first, teehee.

Anywayshh, I'm off to write my post up. ^.^

EDIT:
I don't really want to have to do this, but it's most likely that the only remaining member of his family is Malik, iplaygc's character, due to the fact that all found Royal Members were killed. D:

D: Dangit. I don't want Malik to be the half-blood heir to whatever Seer House may be established post Gaia's emancipation. He wouldn't claim the position, EVER, so the House would die out. Zulon, go make babies!

.... Er... I'm sure Zayth has older full-blooded illegitimate/non-illegitimate children.... ... Or a sister....

~IGC t DM+

Deathspector
08-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Um, Vanessa? I just wanted to say that you character doesn't know Seileth's name. He never told her, and he's keeping it very quiet, so you couldn't really know from another source either. Sorry, but I just wanted to make that clear.

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
08-11-2008, 11:29 AM
iplaygc, well, on the list, I shall add a random living family member that both you and esper are allowed to contorl NPC like, or omething.

How's that sound?

funnyguy91
08-12-2008, 11:59 PM
I got another location:

Celestial

Celestial is a small town located in northeast of the South Continent. It is filled with gardens, and small town houses except for it's library at the center of town. The Library of Celestial is one of the tallest towers in Gaia and was built 200 years ago. After the invasion the library became the only hope of entertainment. Though the town is small, it contains many Seers. The town is quiet and undisturbed. The towns people commerce around the library. Shadows rarely step foot in this magnifiscent town. It is surrounded by forest and their water source comes from the magic that they conjure into a reservoir. The climate in Celestial is warm and a bit humid.

Scourge of Amaranth
08-13-2008, 04:42 PM
iplaygc, well, on the list, I shall add a random living family member that both you and esper are allowed to contorl NPC like, or omething.

How's that sound?
Thank you, gracious RPM. 3:

Eh, I lied about being able to post. xD I've been reading up, but don't have a chance to write anything decent. Plus, I'm a tad woozy right now. California Screaming+Empty Park and No Lines=Headache, and it turns out one of my best friends is staying three rooms down. Spam the imaginary pet camper-eating pig+roller coasters=fun times.

~IGC t DM+

skiboydoggy
08-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Argh! Sorry about not posting, but I have limited computer time and Team RP takes precedence over other RPs. Going to post now...

WorkThoseStripes
08-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey don't worry about it :)
I'm gonna try and put a post of what's happened so far up, just in case people need to look at it as well.

Scourge of Amaranth
08-17-2008, 07:42 PM
The Prodigal Daughter returns!

Ahem. *poke ego with a needle*

There. That's better.

I'll be writing up a post as soon as I'm done with my daily Joker, CSI, Kakashi, House, O.G. and sugar fixes. Can't post it until you guys get to nighttime, anyways....

~IGC t DM+

Deathspector
08-26-2008, 01:16 PM
Hrm. I'm having problems thinking up anything halfway decent to type up for the RP at the moment. So, Stripes, if you lot want to go on ahead to Rayath, do, by all means; I'll catch up. Say I got separated or something. This shouldn't last too long. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to think up something. Sorry...>>

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
08-26-2008, 01:23 PM
I'll take it ahead to Rayath, just say that the journey was pretty smooth.
I've completely lost all imagination for anything to do as well, there's no need to apologize. I think it's just because we've sat in the same place for so long.

So, I'll o to Rayath now, then hopefully everyone will be able to catch on from there, then things should start getting interesting again.

Deathspector
08-26-2008, 01:30 PM
I'll take it ahead to Rayath, just say that the journey was pretty smooth.
I've completely lost all imagination for anything to do as well, there's no need to apologize. I think it's just because we've sat in the same place for so long.

So, I'll o to Rayath now, then hopefully everyone will be able to catch on from there, then things should start getting interesting again.

Sounds good, yeah. I might get a sudden inspiration, and you'll find a post by me in the RP thread, but as of now, I have nothing. Meh...

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
08-26-2008, 02:17 PM
I've done my post now and moved it straight onto the next evening, in some inn in Rayath.
I just want to get the posts into the Capital now, cause that's where the fun will be really.

I dunno whether I've crossed the line when it comes to bunnying. D:

As for Terra, I still have no clue what to do with her. :P

WorkThoseStripes
09-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Apologies for the double post, but since this hasn't been posted in in a while and people wouldn't notice unless it had a recent post, I decided that I would take a risk and hope nobody gets angry at me. :P

I was simply going to say if, after we've left the inn, we could skip straight to the next morning. I, for one, want to get to the good stuff.
Unless someone has any plans for the night stay in Capital?

Scourge of Amaranth
09-07-2008, 03:50 PM
I haven't got much, thus far. I'd like to delve further into gypsy lifestyle, but I'm not restricted by RP time to do so (which is, admittedly, making me lazy, xP). I, obviously, am fine with you skipping to the next day. ^^;

~IGC t DM+

Deathspector
09-07-2008, 04:15 PM
I apologise for my posts being...out of sorts recently. I'm having great difficulty in getting any sort of inspiration to write anything. I'll keep posting, and hopefully my quality will get back to normal soon.

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
09-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't worry, I've had my own lack of inspiration. I'm asuming it's down to the slow pace that the RP has suddenly taken, which is why I want to skip a day, because I'm sure once we're in The capital it will pick up.
So, yeah, I wouldn't worry about posts or anything, because I'm sure everyone in the Inn scene is going through the same thing. :p

If anyone/anyone's character outside the Inn scene is stuck on something to do, feel free to have them meet up with Terra. She was in the West Continent last time I posted.

Scourge of Amaranth
09-07-2008, 04:39 PM
:O I haven't the slightest clue where Malik's tribe is at the moment. I'll have to figure that out for the next bit I'd like to post.... ol-lo

~IGC t DM+

Deathspector
09-08-2008, 12:58 PM
:O I haven't the slightest clue where Malik's tribe is at the moment. I'll have to figure that out for the next bit I'd like to post.... ol-lo

~IGC t DM+

That's a nice way to keep things open. xP

And yeah, WTS, I see what you mean. Getting to the Capital will make things more...exciting. Though personally I love the inn. It's grown on me. xP

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
09-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, so next post I'm going to bring it right into the action at the The Capital. Lets get into this plot now, eh? :)

I'm apologize, once again, got terrible posts, but things should pick up now.

Onward!

xenoman
09-18-2008, 05:22 AM
This has been bugging me and i just gotta ask it. I dont know if it is somewhere and i missed it or what but:
Do the demons have anything special about them besides being smarter shadows? Can the east demon change into a animal and likewise for the other demons on the other continents? Do the demons have a specific fightning stytle or specific weapon usage or discipline? Can they conjure shadows from thin air?

Just wondering :)

WorkThoseStripes
09-18-2008, 07:20 AM
The Demons are literally just super powerful Shadows and are a lot more intelligent than everyday Shadows. They can't change into animals, have healing powers as such.
I'm not really sure about weaons and fighting skills. They'd probobly just use normal weapons, black weapons maybe? For drama? :P
They look almost human, almost. They would have blac hair and clothing and grey skin and all that like.
They probobly cna't conjure Shadows out of thin air, as the whole negative emotion thing is needed for that, but they would have contorl over Shadows.
As for fighting skills, that's up for debate here, now! :)

Deathspector
09-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Personally, I'd just say have the Demons fight exactly like a human from this sort of time period would. To make things more interesting for us as far as RPing goes, and to make defeating them a matter of more than running up to them and stabbing their heart, I'd say that we should make them extremely skilled fighters in whatever area they care to try their hand at. And they don't give a damn about the Shadows; if a million have to die to protect a Demon, then that's what happens.

How's that?

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
09-18-2008, 03:19 PM
That makes sense. It makes it a challenge, but also not too unrealistic. I like it, we'll go with that. Unless...anyone else have a suggestion? I think that will do though, to be honest.

Another question I might add is, how are we going to kill it without making it seem too easy. *ponder*

Deathspector
09-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Another question I might add is, how are we going to kill it without making it seem too easy. *ponder*

Good question.

How about we go all Rowling and say the only way to kill a Demon is to make him feel remorse? But if the Demons are only embodiments of negative thoughts, I don't think that could work.

Hmm...

Deathspector

xenoman
09-18-2008, 07:55 PM

We could just be approaching the demons room, and someone can get some distance between them and the rest of the group and some how in a chain of events get locked into the room alone to face the demon. That would make kiiling him alot harder :ermm:

WorkThoseStripes
09-18-2008, 09:58 PM
It might be a good idea if one of the characters finds out that he spends some amount of time a day in a certain room for, um, a reason.
That way we could all get in there, somehow, then Rai could use magic to lock the doors and we could all fight together.

As for killing the Demon.

I had an idea that maybe, as the Demons are also made of negative emotions, they're will to conquer all is kind of their way of trying find satisfaction, positive emotions of some kind, as well as their bloodthirst and just general bad will to all. Though, the wanting satisfaction would probobly be the least of the reasons, but still there to some extent.
I think killing it would just take many posts of fighting which we need to all work together. Yay, a Team Work moral!

Oh and I'm probobly going to have Terra arrive at The Capital after the Demon fight, whenever that may be.

Scourge of Amaranth
09-18-2008, 10:01 PM
What are you guys talking about?Only the power of love can defeat a Demon!

*ahem*

That said, I vote that they have some secret bane of some sort or another that ISN'T a positive emotion. Something that the travelers might carry in accidentally.... An apple allergy? o.o Anyways, something that might distract and unsettle them to the point of giving the humans a small advantage--somehow, I think that around seven-ten humans is a realistic number to make a Demon v. Human fight completely equal.

Possibly?

I, quite frankly, have next to no idea. I'll think on it, I s'pose.

~IGC t DM+

Deathspector
09-19-2008, 11:37 AM
What are you guys talking about?Only the power of love can defeat a Demon!

Funnily enough, that might work. I dunno...we spend loads of posts fighting the Demon, but it's only when one of us feels a sudden urge of love. Seileth thinks of his siblings. Phoenix remembers her parents. Vanessa thinks about Grace...something along those lines. And then the Demon is suddenly weakened.

One favour I'd ask of all of you, though. If you could let Seileth shoot an arrow at his head? xP Not to kill him, but I've always wanted to have Seileth do that.

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
09-21-2008, 03:19 PM
If we're going to use the love thing, then it would probobly be better that we got stronger, rather than the Demon got weaker. Makes it less, urr, cliche? :P

Yes, Seileth can shoot him in the head with an arrow. P:

I'm probobly going to make Phoenix kick ass in the fight, not in the sense that she really hurts him or anything, more that she's going to be quite capable fighting. Last time she fought, and the only time, she was a bit of a damsel in distress. :P I think the group needs to see that she's not helpless. ;D

Already mentioned, but I'll say again, I'm going to have Terra there after the fight. In the RP time, it would take her about three days to get there. It should be 4-5, but that's a bit long and, to be honest, I'm not sure how many days the gang's going to be collecting info.
But, yeah, I'll have her arrive after the fight and, if it's taken her too quick a time, I'll think up of a reasonable and realistic excuse as to why she's super fast. P:

By the way, while I'm here, has anyone got any plot ideas or such for the RP? Like, after the first Demon fight?

Everyone's user name is changing. D:

Deathspector
09-22-2008, 02:08 PM
I didn't really have that many plot ideas. Yeah, I guess I'll have Dursha return to the throne, and Senalia leave the group to stay at the Castle with Dursha. I'll probably start using Corum once the Demon of the East is defeated, and get her to join up as well. Or maybe Ill just have her cause some havoc in the West? Hmm...

Deathspector

Scourge of Amaranth
09-23-2008, 05:19 AM
I haven't posted in a ridiculously long time. ;-; Will do ASAP, which'll be... Wednesday-ish?

~IGC t DM+

WorkThoseStripes
09-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Apologies for not replying yet. I'm just a bit unsure how the guards would react? Would they hire us right off like that? What questions would they ask?

Deathspector
09-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Apologies for not replying yet. I'm just a bit unsure how the guards would react? Would they hire us right off like that? What questions would they ask?

Uhh...I dunno. They'd take us through the house and meet the Master of the Servants like they had in those old houses, maybe? It's up to you, really...this IS an RP. xP

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
09-27-2008, 10:47 AM
You're all free to control Kaim, I might even make him a future NPC (like Seileth and Vanessa have Grace and Senalia) as long as nobody has any objections.

Basically, a few of the servants, including Kaim, are also resistance members, well, they're trying to find out ways to overthrow the Demon.

Take this wherever you want people.

Scourge of Amaranth
09-27-2008, 03:51 PM
I lied. I switched schools and I've been doing nonstop makeup homework all week. I have three years of Latin to learn in a month. ^.^; AND I have an all-day band field trip (playing at a college football game...) today.... DX I haven't even seen the music before! Soooo busy.

I have had the time to keep up reading-wise, though.

~IGC t DM+

Deathspector
10-02-2008, 10:45 AM
I would post, but I think we should let Vanessa have a go? But if any of you want me to post quickly, just tell me, and I'll get down to it.

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
10-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Yes, Vanessa shall post. ;D Vanessa, you're allowed to use Kaim, remember, so you can have him say or do anything you like. :)
If there isn't a post after a day or two though, I may start to worry. D:

Deathspector
10-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Yes, Vanessa shall post. ;D Vanessa, you're allowed to use Kaim, remember, so you can have him say or do anything you like. :)
If there isn't a post after a day or two though, I may start to worry. D:

I'm sure she'll have one up before them. Oh, and Vanessa? Feel free to bunny Senalia when you're RPing as Grace. That goes out to anyone, actually...Senalia's only an NPC.

Deathspector

WorkThoseStripes
10-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I think I'm going to PM her, since she hasn't posted yet.
Oh, yeah, does anyone mind if I have \terra arive a little earlier than usual? I know it messes with the times, but, blargh, I wanna do something with her.

Deathspector
10-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh, yeah, does anyone mind if I have \terra arive a little earlier than usual? I know it messes with the times, but, blargh, I wanna do something with her.

a) She's your character
b) This is a role-play
c) Scratch that this is YOUR role-play

So no, I don't mind. XD

Deathspector

xenoman
10-16-2008, 07:57 AM

You could do that and get a post up in there. Otherwise I'll do something tommorrow...sometime...

And to Deathspecter:
I don't mind if you bunny me. As long as you don't say "And then Rai jumped off a cliff and onto a pointy rock, which killed him. And when he got to the pearly gates of heaven, God palmed him on the forhead, said 'Should've had a V8' and sent him to hell."
You know, keep it real.

Sight of the Stars
10-18-2008, 07:08 PM
I haveth posted!

I lol'ed, xeno. Lolz. lolz lolz lolz lolz.

*gasps* KAIM!! YOU TRAITOR!!! *jackslaps*

I tink I'm gonna make a plot twist soon once we get outta this damn castle. xD It involves a sapphire amulet and an burlap bag lying on the ground.

Mysterious and dumb, huh? But trust me, a lot will happen with this burlap bag and sapphira. The burlap bag will have this weird... Nah! I'll svae that for later.

JUST GIMME OUTTA THIS CASTLE SO I CAN AMKE IT HAPPEN!! xD

funnyguy91
10-22-2008, 01:03 AM
You know what would be cool. If the Shadow's appearances and characteristics differed from every continent. Just throwing an idea out there since our characters have only seen shadows of their own Continents. Think about it.

WorkThoseStripes
10-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Vanessa, just make sure that it isn't too wild. Remember, this is more of a medieval RP, than a Fantasy one. Apart from Demons, Shadows and other races, everything else is normal, no magic stuff.

Which brings me to my apologies, just for how linear the RP has become. Once we're out of this castle and have defeated the East Demon, it's going to be a lot more free.
I have my plans for Phoenix, but it's up to you guys what you do from there, we can all split up if you like and have our characters do their own things.