PDA

View Full Version : The Olympics

All-Star
08-09-2008, 05:23 PM
The Olympics started this morning. Personally, I like to watch the basketball games.

Is there a different area of the Olympics that you like? Maybe you have the same opinion as myself. If so, talk about it here. :]

Darkness_Dragon
08-09-2008, 05:54 PM
I like to watch basketball but I also like to watch swimming, gymastics, and diving gets a little intresting. But I mostly like to watch softball since its my favorite sport.

Lonsie
08-09-2008, 05:58 PM
I'll watch almost anything in the Olympics. However, being a competitive swimmer myself, I do like watching the swimming events.

Nirvash
08-09-2008, 07:01 PM
I love watching it all, but being a comptetative swimmer, I enjoy watching the swimming portion most. :P

SpaceUnicorn
08-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I'll be watching the baseball and the track and field events.

Pooka
08-09-2008, 07:56 PM
If South Africa is in with a chance of a medal in any event then I'll probably watch that, otherwise I just mainly watch the athletics.

Sixto
08-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Are we supposed to talk only about the USA here? The title is misleading.

Surly Professor
08-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I want a recording of the opening ceremony to show my grandkids.

That was epic!

Pokol DaErran
08-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Is it just me, or is China going to a whole lot of trouble for this? You should see what they do to the buildings...
But I'm a good runner and gymnast, so I like the gymnastics and the track and field events.

SpaceUnicorn
08-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I want a recording of the opening ceremony to show my grandkids.

That was epic!
Haha, yeah the music was awesome.

I'm watching fencing now, stuffs pretty intense. Plus, we get it in HD, even better!

Jack of Clovers
08-10-2008, 03:17 AM
The opening ceremony was quite grand and enjoyable. Wow. Loved it.

~Jack~

Lord Fedora
08-10-2008, 04:06 AM
I watched the opening ceremony because I was curious about what the special cauldron lighting thing was going to be. It was awesome. Now I wipe my hands clean of the Olympics, completely and totally. Free Tibet. That's all I'm saying.

Maleficent
08-10-2008, 04:15 AM
The opening ceremony was....beautiful.

All-Star
08-10-2008, 04:15 AM
Um... talk about whatever. Yeah I see how it can be misleading...

Well soccer had a lot and so did basketball.

I missed the ceremony. :[

Disruption
08-10-2008, 04:35 AM
Many people were thrown out onto the streets and taken to camps etc, just to prepare for the Olympics. China wanted to clean up Beijing for the events.

I find that to be extremely disgusting.

Dancing Mad
08-10-2008, 05:16 AM
I am mostly interested in Track especially long distance Basketball and pretty much everything else.

Man that opening ceremony was awesome!

All-Star
08-10-2008, 05:29 AM
Well honestly I can't say that I'm interested in the political events that take place to prepare for the olympics if it isn't in America. I'm too competitive to worry about that.

I just want us to win.

Maleficent
08-10-2008, 05:32 AM
I'm interested in the weightlifting, but definitely the track.

Flygon Ruler
08-11-2008, 12:17 PM
This olympics is acting kind of as my first olympics, since during the last one, I was still pretty young and didn't appreciate it to its full extent. I love watching all of the sports, but I'm really hyped to see diving.

Did anyone catch the 4x100 Men's Swimming Finals. That was intense.

Go-Getters
08-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Im not really a fan of the olympics to be honest. Although i did find myself watching the archery and getting hooked

Sixto
08-11-2008, 01:47 PM
I watch so many events. Right now, it looks like China has edged passed us in the medal count. Swimming is one of my favorite events, and I think Michael Phelps will help us get more gold medals and overall count.

Angela
08-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Is it just me, or is China going to a whole lot of trouble for this? You should see what they do to the buildings...
But I'm a good runner and gymnast, so I like the gymnastics and the track and field events.

No there not,,,

I just love the swimming hall that they had build for the Olympics I mean wow it's so cool.

MaskedJackal
08-11-2008, 02:21 PM

I saw it. Haha, France! "We're going to crush the Americans." Ok, you do that.

Sixto
08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I saw it. Haha, France! "We're going to crush the Americans." Ok, you do that.
Lmao, that made me laugh.

But yeah, the ending was SO close. We definitely need to win more gold...

dimondgirlofthefuture
08-11-2008, 09:44 PM
I LOVED the opening ceremony, & I liked the part where they banged on those drums & they lit up! But I didn't like the US's uniforms George W Bush designed them, all it is, is a white shirt, navy blue jacket, white hat, & white pants... BORING! Anyway, I like to watch swimming & Gymnastics, I'm an awesome gymnast some would say & I train at Platinum Gymnastics I'm a Level 5 gymnast on the verge of becoming a Level 6 gymnast & then a Level 7... ANYWAY! Back on topic, I just LOVE to watch the olympics & I wanna see if Chicago will be the next place to host the Olympics!:happy:

Darkness_Dragon
08-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Lmao, that made me laugh.

But yeah, the ending was SO close. We definitely need to win more gold...

Lol I bet the French felt really bad about that.
I LOVED the opening ceremony, & I liked the part where they banged on those drums & they lit up! But I didn't like the US's uniforms George W Bush designed them, all it is, is a white shirt, navy blue jacket, white hat, & white pants... BORING! Anyway, I like to watch swimming & Gymnastics, I'm an awesome gymnast some would say & I train at Platinum Gymnastics I'm a Level 5 gymnast on the verge of becoming a Level 6 gymnast & then a Level 7... ANYWAY! Back on topic, I just LOVE to watch the olympics & I wanna see if Chicago will be the next place to host the Olympics!:happy:

Yea I really hope that Chicago will be the next host. Cause then I may be accuactly go to it cause it is only about and 8 hour drive from where I live.(Yes that is consider close compared of some other places I went that took alot longer.)

Dancing Mad
08-12-2008, 12:30 AM
This olympics is acting kind of as my first olympics, since during the last one, I was still pretty young and didn't appreciate it to its full extent. I love watching all of the sports, but I'm really hyped to see diving.

Oh man that was a crazy race. I was watching it and I was bummed because USA wouldn't get Gold then we came from behind and beat them by .04 seconds I think. I love how the Americans celebrated and the look on the French teams faces.

Darkness_Dragon
08-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Ok since we are on the topic of swimming. What about Michael Phelps becoming the Greatest Olympian ever, with winning his 11th gold medal last night. I think thats really good.

Buizel410
08-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Ok since we are on the topic of swimming. What about Michael Phelps becoming the Greatest Olympian ever, with winning his 11th gold medal last night. I think thats really good.
Yes, it looks like Michael Phelps is becoming the Tiger Woods of swimming. In the relay last night... wow, it wasn't even a race, it was a massacre! Pretty soon we'll probably see games like "Michael Phelps World Championship" :eh:...

Darkness_Dragon
08-16-2008, 02:26 AM
Now they are saying that half of China's Women's Gymnastics team is underage. Does anyone think thats true?

Blast the Stereo
08-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Now they are saying that half of China's Women's Gymnastics team is underage. Does anyone think thats true?

Ooh, didn't know that. Olympic drama = <3.

Did anyone see the weightlifting accident?

This guy [I think he was Russian?], was lifting and he dislocated his left elbow in the middle of the lift, so his right arm couldn't support the wieght and it bent back.

Then the weight pretty much crushed him.

His scream was blood-curdling. I got epic chills. D:

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's on Metacafe. But I wouldn't watch it if I were you.

And danggg. This is like the fourth time I've been first post'd in two days. XD

Neo Emolga
08-17-2008, 03:21 AM
MICHAEL PHELPS JUST WON HIS EIGHTH GOLD MEDAL!!!!

This guy is incredibly amazing. And man, he sure does make you sit at the edge of your seat in anticipation.

Olympic history has been made! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/cute.gif

Lonsie
08-17-2008, 03:22 AM

This guy is incredibly amazing. And man, he sure does make you sit at the edge of your seat in anticipation.

Olympic history has been made! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/cute.gif

Yeah, I was just watching it too! Haha! Michael Phelps is win. =D

Exophi
08-17-2008, 03:27 AM
I'm kind of disappointed with Canada's standing in the Olympics so far.

We need the winter ones to win anything, apparently. :biggrin:

Lonsie
08-17-2008, 03:30 AM
I'm kind of disappointed with Canada's standing in the Olympics so far.

We need the winter ones to win anything, apparently. :biggrin:

xD

Plus, the 2010 Olympics will be held in Vancouver. :o

Exophi
08-17-2008, 03:42 AM
xD

Plus, the 2010 Olympics will be held in Vancouver. :o

If only the events didn't cost ungodly amounts to attend (from what I've witnessed).

I'd be able to get to lots of the sites on foot if I really wanted to.

Sure I live an hour's drive away, but I like walking! :oops:

Darkness_Dragon
08-17-2008, 03:50 AM

I do like to watch him. He kinda makes swimming exciting. I'll watch him and suddenly I want to go swimming. Weird...:eek:

theEND
08-17-2008, 04:17 AM
MICHAEL PHELPS WON HIS 8TH MEDAL!!!!

Amazing and incredible person, Michael Phelps is! I want to get his autograph. :D He makes me so proud of Florida and swimming!

EDIT: Damn, Neo beat me to it. D:

Lonsie
08-17-2008, 04:19 AM
^Being a competitive swimmer is awesome, no? ;o

Legendary Wolf
08-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Micheal Phelps is awesome!

Usain Bolt definitely living up to his nickname, Lightning Bolt.

Sixto
08-17-2008, 04:00 PM

Wait a minute, Neo. You said you weren't going to watch the Olympics. That sorta makes you a hypocrite. =X Nah, but I can see why you would change your mind.

Yeah, Michael Phelps' life is great. The guy does nothing on his time off! He just eats, swims for 5 hours a day, and wacthes TV the rest of the day. Of course endorsements are going to come, and TV appereances, but those are just bonuses!

EmBreon
08-17-2008, 04:32 PM
There are a lot of random events that I didn't enough know existed in the Olympics. Like Race Walking (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMwSAPp_iIU).

I happened to see a race around 1am the other day, and it's just a bunch of people walking all goofy fast.

Sixto
08-17-2008, 04:44 PM
There are a lot of random events that I didn't enough know existed in the Olympics. Like Race Walking (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMwSAPp_iIU).

I happened to see a race around 1am the other day, and it's just a bunch of people walking all goofy fast.
*gasp* :O One of 'em was cheating! She was jogging! Disqualification!

EmBreon
08-18-2008, 04:58 AM
It's more of like a...swift wobble.

And I miss all of the good stuff. :[ Does anyone know when gymnastics comes on?

Lurking Shadow
08-18-2008, 06:15 AM
http://www.nbcolympics.com/gymnastics/index.html for gymnastics. Not really keeping track of it myself, other than (sadly) disputes over the Chinese female gymnasts' age, and that gold medals have been awarded at some point.

Cybernetic Ghost
08-18-2008, 04:15 PM
I only watch boxing in it.

Kenny_C.002
08-18-2008, 04:39 PM
It's more of like a...swift wobble.

And I miss all of the good stuff. :[ Does anyone know when gymnastics comes on?
Gymnastics was almost done. I've watched most of that. x3

Mike Phelps: Ridiculous dude. Though swimming for 5 hours a day isn't that much compared to what the Chinese athletes go through (it's like boot camp or something, like 8+ hours a day). Good for Phelps. :3

Sixto
08-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Gymnastics was almost done. I've watched most of that. x3

Mike Phelps: Ridiculous dude. Though swimming for 5 hours a day isn't that much compared to what the Chinese athletes go through (it's like boot camp or something, like 8+ hours a day). Good for Phelps. :3
Haha, same here. I watched all gymnastics. Carly Patterson better hope they have a Olympics for singing! XD

Ali the Dark One
08-19-2008, 02:01 AM
I don't really watch the Olympics much. I've only seen a few of the swimming competitions that my friend's mom recorded.

~Ali the Dark One~