PDA

View Full Version : What the heck..

PKMN Trainer RED
06-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Ok I was training my caterpie (sp?) aginst the elite four, I was using my lvl 85 sandslash to beat em and lvl up my caterpie with exp share on. So he was lvl 4 and then to lvl 9 and so forth and evloved, but he never learned harden, can someone explain why he didn't? Oh he's a butterfree now lol.

AbXtreme
06-07-2005, 05:22 PM
what level did Caterpie evolve into Metapod. Because u might of went past the learning curve when Caterpie evolved.

Metapod learns Harden at Lv.7

if u evolved it at 9 it couldn't learn it since he's way past the level

PKMN Trainer RED
06-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Oh thats why? So lets say for exapmle that my butterfree learns.....poison powder at 21 and he's lvl 20, he grow 2 lvls and goes to 22 and he will still learn the move?

AbXtreme
06-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Oh thats why? So lets say for exapmle that my butterfree learns.....poison powder at 21 and he's lvl 20, he grow 2 lvls and goes to 22 and he will still learn the move?

Nope because he's skipped the level where he could learn poison powder which means he can't learn it.

Amaru
06-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Erm, if I remember correctly, that only applies when a pokemon should have evolved, in which case it would usually still learn the move. Caterpie is one of many exceptions because nly metapod learns harden out of the 3. Squirtle for example would still learn all its moves if it skipped levels.

If you skip levels, you still learn all the moves, I'm pretty sure.

!CeMAn
06-07-2005, 09:55 PM
i've had pokemon gain like 10 levels at once or something and they learn more than one move at a time.

PKMN Trainer RED
06-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Well I'm a bit confused right now, time to go expriment lol. :happy:

Umbreon Shadow
06-07-2005, 11:07 PM
i think like for an attack, it's gotta battle at that level or battle to get exp to get to that level.

of course i could be wrong

PKMN Trainer RED
06-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Ok I figured it out, I used my hoothoot for the test (No hoothoot's was hurt in the making of this test) and he was at lvl 2, he learns forsight at lvl 6 and he went right to lvl 8 when I fougth teh elite four. he learned the move so that means you can grow 20 lvls higher after a move and still learn it, now the reason why my metapod didn't learn harden is because when my caterpie lvl upped he went to lvl 9 which is higher then when medapod learns harden, he evolved but since medapod can learn harden and caterpie can't he didn't learn because he grew past it before he could evolve.

Well thanks to all who tried to help me. :hungry: