PDA

View Full Version : Passing the Torch

Jack of Clovers
08-16-2008, 07:17 AM
My fellow URPG's. It's been a pleasure having led the URPG for these many years. Through those years, I've created and aided far beyond my imagination, and tried my best to maintain a fair figurehead. It wasn't until last summer that I wasn't living up to the standards necessary to be effective. And I continuously grew frustrated that I couldn't talk to Ryan, so I kinda lost interest. And since then, the URPG hasn't been the same. For this, I can only apologise, especially to the Staff, and hope no hard feelings are in hand.

My goal for the URPG was to keep it going and survive, so that others would be able to participate in something so fun, and I can safely say that goal was reached. And as the URPG continues to evolve with new members and new ideas, so does the Staff.

With that, I am handing leadership over to HKim. Please welcome him with open arms and congratulations. I wish him and the new URPG the best of luck.

~Jack~

Ataro
08-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Welcome Harry. But I'm starting to doubt URPG being able to be really fun and stuff, since people have left, some awesome people making URPG alive banned, etc. Things' just messed up. :|

Trainer17
08-16-2008, 07:20 AM
My fellow URPG's. It's been a pleasure having led the URPG for these many years. Through those years, I've created and aided far beyond my imagination, and tried my best to maintain a fair figurehead. It wasn't until last summer that I wasn't living up to the standards necessary to be effective. And I continuously grew frustrated that I couldn't talk to Ryan, so I kinda lost interest. And since then, the URPG hasn't been the same. For this, I can only apologise, especially to the Staff, and hope no hard feelings are in hand.

My goal for the URPG was to keep it going and survive, so that others would be able to participate in something so fun, and I can safely say that goal was reached. And as the URPG continues to evolve with new members and new ideas, so does the Staff.

With that, I am handing leadership over to HKim. Please welcome him with open arms and congratulations. I wish him and the new URPG the best of luck.

~Jack~

A heart warming congratulations for HKim, or Harry. =D
Welcome! :p

Frozen_in_Time
08-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Congrats, Harry!
I am sure that you will be a great new leader ^^

Maleficent
08-16-2008, 07:22 AM
:eek:

Good luck to Harry, and hopefully will be as great as Jack was in the URPG.

And also, thanks for your hard work, Jack.

HKim
“The difficult I’ll do right now. The impossible will take a little while.”

That phrase originates from the World War II Army Corps of Engineers motto, Billie Holiday lyric, and book based on the same name.

And we are going through some difficult times at the moment. I won’t deny that. The URPG is facing challenges that we have not seen for a very long time. Challenges that makes us wonder if it is really worth fighting for. Challenges that test our patience, strength, and stamina. Challenges that attempt to break apart this family.

And sometimes, the challenges seem downright impossible.

But we have a weapon to fight off these challenges. To fight off our fears, doubts, and nightmares. The Weapon of Hope.

It is with hope that we put ourselves forward to do what is right. It is with hope that we struggle everyday to find something worth fighting for. It is with hope that we stand up, our heads held eye as we look darkness in the eye.

We all have the power to move forward in face of difficulties. We are friends, family, a united consciousness that won’t let darkness defeat us. I will grab you by the arm and pull you from the abyss. I know you would do the same for me.

And that is what we have here! A Family! People who care about each other and wish only to have fun. Isn’t that what the UPRG was founded on? Fun? A chance to relax and enjoy ourselves. A chance to test our strategies and battle plans. A chance to write until each and every Pokemon was caught. A chance to believe that perhaps you can be the very best after all.

Together.

There can no longer be a barrier between communication. There can only be a sharing of support and thought. Opinion and emotion. A friend of my friend is my friend.

I want to establish a dialogue between the leaders and the members of this group. I want there to be a chance for people to speak freely. A chance so that their voices and ideas can be heard.

I want members to be able to say, “Yes! I want to be a part of this new world that we are creating! I have an idea and it will make the UPRG an amazing place!”

This is your community. This is our family. Let us work together to build it into a dream. No idea is too small. No voice is too weak. No challenge is too great.

Because we have Hope for the future.

Yes, the impossible will take a little while.

But only a little while.

Volcanflame
Since you asked me to call you Harry, congrats Harry!

-Volcan-

Gem N Ems
08-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Yay! Congratulations Harry! ^^

You'll do a great job, I'm sure.

~LR

Maleficent
08-16-2008, 07:25 AM

That phrase originates from the World War II Army Corps of Engineers motto, Billie Holiday lyric, and book based on the same name.

And we are going through some difficult times at the moment. I won’t deny that. The URPG is facing challenges that we have not seen for a very long time. Challenges that makes us wonder if it is really worth fighting for. Challenges that test our patience, strength, and stamina. Challenges that attempt to break apart this family.

But we have a weapon to fight off these challenges. To fight off our fears, doubts, and nightmares. The Weapon of Hope.

It is with hope that we put ourselves forward to do what is right. It is with hope that we struggle everyday to find something worth fighting for. It is with hope that we stand up, our heads held eye as we look darkness in the eye.

We all have the power to move forward in face of difficulties. We are friends, family, a united consciousness that won’t let darkness defeat us. I will grab you by the arm and pull you from the abyss. I know you would do the same for me.

And that is what we have here! A Family! People who care about each other and wish only to have fun. Isn’t that what the UPRG was founded on? Fun? A chance to relax and enjoy ourselves. A chance to test our strategies and battle plans. A chance to write until each and every Pokemon was caught. A chance to believe that perhaps you can be the very best after all.

Together.

There can no longer be a barrier between communication. There can only be a sharing of support and thought. Opinion and emotion. A friend of my friend is my friend.

I want to establish a dialogue between the leaders and the members of this group. I want there to be a chance for people to speak freely. A chance so that their voices and ideas can be heard.

I want members to be able to say, “Yes! I want to be a part of this new world that we are creating! I have an idea and it will make the UPRG an amazing place!”

This is your community. This is our family. Let us work together to build it into a dream. No idea is too small. No voice is too weak. No challenge is too great.

Yes, the impossible will take little while.

But only a little while.

That was the best URPG related post ever.

RawrIsMyMiddleName
08-16-2008, 07:27 AM

Together.

Yes, the impossible will take little while.

But only a little while.

That's power, man.

Anywho, I'm sure he'll do great. It's a bit said to see Jack go, but I'm sure URPG will be great.

Milotic Master1
08-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Things can only get better after they have hit the worse, Ataro. Out of the two years of URPG I've had this summer has been the best and the worst at the same time. We can only give faith that the new change in leadership will guide us to a brighter tomorrow, and I personally believe HKim can do it.

Bans are bans, it isn't just a URPG ban, its a forum one. The rules say you can't URPG when your forum banned, so we must respect the rules.

Jack, it's been a pleasure. Thank you for passing on the torch, instead of having someone rip it away, I give you my respect.

Good luck to you, HKim. Make us proud.

Teo
08-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Lol, you and your speeches Harry. xD! I'm sure you'll do a great job. Maybe I'll even get around to posting some stories I've been working on. =9

Seawolf
08-16-2008, 07:29 AM
It's in good hands.

Congrats, Harry! You'll do well. ;)

Snow Fairy Sugar
08-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Sad to see you leave Jack. I'm glad that the URPG's in the hands of a person like Harry, though. =D

All-Star
08-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Welcome Harry.

I hope that you do great things and that you are very constitent.

EmBreon
08-16-2008, 07:37 AM
I must say, I believe the URPG will only improve now. Harry has his heart in this, and I can see the place returning to the simple fun it used to be.

You're our Moses, Harry! Congratulations.

And thank you Jack for all of your hard work. I hope it will not be forgotten that your contributions to the URPG made it what it is today. You were a great leader.

All-Star
08-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Oh Harry, I'll be ******** at you a lot now ;]

LS
08-16-2008, 07:47 AM
I would have thought Loyal Arcanine would become head? He is head ref and has helped a lot..

But whatever. Congrats Harry. :o

Dark Lightning
08-16-2008, 09:15 AM
If the URPG is gone forever, I'll leave this forum. ._.
Good thing it isn't. Grats Harry.

Fever
08-16-2008, 10:31 AM

Together.

But only a little while.
I never heard anything better since I listened to the famous "I Have A Dream" speech on YouTube. That's amazing. Seriously.

Well, I have to say I think HKim (are we allowed to call you Harry? ^_^) will do a damn good job, and, while I don't know Jack too well, I respect that he is doing what he thinks is best for the URPG.

URPG, unite! Lol.

lilbabydino
08-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Jack, it's been great having you run the URPG. You ran it way back when I used to hang around here, and still when I came back. You did a great job.

And Harry, good luck in your new position! Although I doubt you need any luck ;)

URPG FTW!!!1!

Dap04
08-16-2008, 12:27 PM

~Jack~

Jack...well I didn't see this coming (most probably because I only have a vague idea of what has been going on). All I can comment on was those 2 or so years when I was in the URPG and you were that leader. You have contribuited so much, you have led so well, even through rocky times you still held strong. Out of all the mods you were the least biased, you dealt with situations properly with correct mannerisms and tact. So even though I haven't spoken to you in 3 years I still remember all these things and everything you have done for this place. If you weren't there this place may not have been the same. So thankyou Jack, for everything. I hope you aren't leaving the forums for good...if you have to then please at least come back every so often and say hi and tell us what you're up to, like flare did.

As for Harry, we all know you are a very capable leader, you have shown that on many occasions and you have my trust that you will be able to do the same and make this place better again. Goodluck, you have my full support.

Iridium
08-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Sad to see Jack leave, but I'm sure you'll do a good job, Harry!

Haze
08-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Sorry to see you leave Jack, but congrats Harry :o, sorry my AIM crashed last night lol :X

Psychedelic Shroomish
08-16-2008, 05:20 PM
It's awfully sad to see Jack leave. There will no longer be leprechaun magic at the end of every rainbow. :sad:
But I'm sure HKim will make a new rainbow of magic. Good luck HKim!!!11

Fossil Fusion
08-16-2008, 05:21 PM
lol JoM that made me laugh.

Goodbye Jack, and hello Harry!! LOL

Seriously awesome you got the torch man :D

Nitro
08-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Welcome Harry. But I'm starting to doubt URPG being able to be really fun and stuff, since people have left, some awesome people making URPG alive banned, etc. Things' just messed up. :|
Quoted for truth.

Fever
08-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Quoted for truth.
Oh, come on, you two. The URPG's not dead yet, is she? And even if she is, we'll resurrect her. It worked for Jesus, right? (Well, supposedly.)

I've got every faith that Harry will be able to pull us through, but we can help him a lot by not getting down before we've been kicked. This is the URPG. She's our betch, and she's immortal. God bless this forum, and all who sail in her. Amen (or similar.)

Now, X Factor's coming on, so shushkay and please not to make enormous decisions in the next twelve hours because I want to be awesome and post quickly in the threads they're announced in. Whoo.

Leman
08-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Congrats Harry! And bye Jack. :( You were a great leader. :D

Shadow Eevee
08-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Congratulations to HKim! Good luck handling the URPG! :D

Fire Away
08-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Quoted for truth.

I'm happy for you, Harry, and I think you'll do a great job, though the way things are going I'm more inclined to agree with these two. Maybe you can change my mind. :]

I hope no one forgets all the contributions Jack made over the years. :]

DaRkUmBrEoN
08-16-2008, 08:41 PM
I hope no one forgets all the contributions Jack made over the years. :]
We'll always have WWJD. :3

-]DU[-

SiberianTiger
08-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Don't know quite what to say, Jack has done so much... I hope this isn't the end for you Jack, things have been rocky to say the least but I hope you don't blame yourself entirely and stick around...

As for our new leader, after speaking with you lastnight, I have every confidence you'll be just as great as Jack was. You have my congrats.

~Isaiah

Hypocrisy is Fun
08-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Congrats HKim, I know you're a great person and it's good to know the URPG is in your hands. :surp:

Jack of Clovers
08-17-2008, 04:13 AM
Thank you everyone. Yes, I will still be here to lend support and advice to the URPG.
We'll always have WWJD. :3

-]DU[-

:crackup:

~Jack~

Trainer17
08-17-2008, 04:21 AM
You know what they say, Once a Great Leader, always a great leader.

and Jack, you are a great leader!

If your free sometime,
I would to battle you sometime :hungry:
If you still play URPG that is.

koolcurtis
08-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Jack was the leader? :eh:

Also, I bet hkim took months writing that post, and has been lying in wait ready to post that when the time was right :tongue:

In conclusion, long live urpg!

Tiana_M
08-27-2008, 06:42 AM

Together.

But only a little while.

Woah this brings back the old days. I've missed hearing your speeches Harry. TT sure hasn't been the same since you left, but I guess since you're not in this thread to take leadership of that back... well it's irrelevant. Anyway, congrats on the new leadership position.^^

RPGBoss
08-28-2008, 11:45 PM

~Jack~

WoW Jack Oh What the heck it suxx when a great leader retires..things just start to go Unstable shortly after that...But its great that you have chosent a great successor ..given that Harry has a lot of experience when it comes to the URPG, he is also going through college so he Im sure he's smart as well..Well I hope you still come around like the rest of the Vets...I actually talked to you on yahoo and confused you with harry since he's the one going to colle in Ams..so I suppose you two are somewhat similar...:d

" Fair Winds and following seas Jack" (Popular Navy quote that fts properly duing this occasion)

Together.

But only a little while.

WoW..this is a great speech to commence your title as the head of the URPG..I congratulate you in your Promotion and definitely agree w/ the decision made by Lep.. I know you since 1st day in PE2K ..and so far I've only since good stuff coming from you. I also know that you are currently in college which hopefully doesnt interrupt w/ your duties as the ne head of the URPG...Myself now working and attending college it is kinda hard to focus on pe2k as a normal member..so I Imagine how difficult it must be to take on a leadership position..I wish you the best in Your Future Endeavors.. :

[Fair]
08-29-2008, 04:20 AM

Together.

But only a little while.
I would like to nominate this for the most epic post evar. Heheheh...ohhhhh, Kim. You and your prepared statements. :biggrin:

I know I haven't been around much in the last couple of years, but Jack, I would like to wish you the best of luck in whatever it is that you decide to do next. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be to run something like the URPG, and the fact that you've been running it for this long...I have to give you some serious kudos, man.

And Kim? You and I need to talk... I have a few concept sketches of Bobdolamon that I'd like you to take a look at...I think it could be the next big thing! (Dare I say the next legendary? Eh? Eh?)

Seriously though, congratulations Kim. You're going to do a great job, I just know it. :happy:

flareon008
08-29-2008, 04:42 AM
;2429050']And Kim? You and I need to talk... I have a few concept sketches of Bobdolamon that I'd like you to take a look at...I think it could be the next big thing! (Dare I say the next legendary? Eh? Eh?)

Bobdolamon is categorized under Digimon Digital Monsters.