PDA

View Full Version : New Sonic the Hedgehog games

Dark Lightning
08-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Chronicles:_The_Dark_Brotherhood) and Sonic Unleashed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Unleashed) are going to be released this year. I thought I should make a thread about it as a discussion thread for the people who want to get the games when they are released.
Also, there's going to be a game known as Sonic and the Black Knight (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_and_the_Black_Knight). I found this image of it, depicting Sonic with a sword:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sonic_black_knight.jpg
Personally, I'm interested in getting all three.

Kenny_C.002
08-17-2008, 02:08 PM
It's kind of odd to see Sonic with a SWORD. Why would Sonic even have a sword in the first place? He should focus on what he does best: go fast. x3

Neo Emolga
08-17-2008, 02:43 PM
It's kind of odd to see Sonic with a SWORD. Why would Sonic even have a sword in the first place? He should focus on what he does best: go fast. x3

It does look pretty odd. Plus when I read he was carrying a sword, I probably would have expected something more like a katana than that beefy two-hander he's holding.

I haven't ever played any of the newer Sonic games, the last ones I played were in the old school days on Genesis. And that was over a decade ago...

Hypocrisy is Fun
08-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Lets hope that the sword gameplay isn't as annoying as Shadow's guns.

Hoshika
08-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Sonic secretly wants to be in a Twilight Princess remake. Shh.

George Jefferson
08-18-2008, 06:21 AM
inb4 Sonic flaming/Kenneth_Hardy

.... o wait

Neon_Espeon
08-19-2008, 02:16 AM
Sonic has a sword now?! ZHOMG TAHTZ STUPED HI'LL B AHL SLOE ADN WIL B RIPPGN OF CLUOD STRIF!!1

Wait... HE TURNZ INTO A WEREWOLF 2?! OMG HE IZ RIPPEN OFF ZELDA EVN THO ZALDE DIDENT EVAN INVANT WAREWULFZ!!1

N RPG?! WTF SAWNIK IS ABUT RUNENG NAWT BING IN A RGP EVIN THO ET WURKD PERFECTLY WELL 4 MARIO!11

...Yeah, don't mind me, I'm just making fun of all the Idiot "fans" nitpicking at the new games despite the fact they never even played them... >>

They all look fine though. :x I'm probably just going to get the PS3(once I actually get It) version of Unleashed and maybe Black Knight, I mean I really enjoyed Secret Rings and If It's a sequel to It... But yeah, the RPG one looks, well, like a generic RPG game with Sonic characters. And just because It's BioWare doesn't mean they can make a great Sonic game(them adding Big as a playable character alone should give people an Idea It's not going to fantastic, good or alright, but not the best Sonic game ever.).

Hoshika
08-19-2008, 02:25 AM
Sonic has a sword now?! ZHOMG TAHTZ STUPED HI'LL B AHL SLOE ADN WIL B RIPPGN OF CLUOD STRIF!!1

Wait... HE TURNZ INTO A WEREWOLF 2?! OMG HE IZ RIPPEN OFF ZELDA EVN THO ZALDE DIDENT EVAN INVANT WAREWULFZ!!1

N RPG?! WTF SAWNIK IS ABUT RUNENG NAWT BING IN A RGP EVIN THO ET WURKD PERFECTLY WELL 4 MARIO!11

...Yeah, don't mind me, I'm just letting out my anger of all the fanbrats nitpicking at the new games despite the fact they never even played them... >>

Shh. Don't believe what Sega says. Sonic wanted to star in Twilight Princess. He told us.

And I believe that "revival" is a key word in this topic.

George Jefferson
08-19-2008, 03:07 AM
Shh. Don't believe what Sega says. Sonic wanted to star in Twilight Princess. He told us.

And I believe that "revival" is a key word in this topic.

fail joke is fail

I don't believe a revival is still in order.

They tried to hype you guys up (Yes, you guys, I'm not a furfag) with Sonic 2006 and that bombed.

They tried to add more hype to Sonic and the Secret Rings, and even that was mediocre, but I give it credit, as it's not as mediocre as 2006.

And they tried to hype his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I guess that sort of took off. (I'd kill myself if I heard a furry say that he or she only bought BAWWW because of Sucknic. LOL I AM HILARIOUS.)

I wish they'd go back to their 2D roots and go back to the basics, like Capcom did with Megaman 9.

Hoshika
08-19-2008, 03:25 AM
fail joke is fail

I don't believe a revival is still in order.

They tried to hype you guys up (Yes, you guys, I'm not a furfag) with Sonic 2006 and that bombed.

They tried to add more hype to Sonic and the Secret Rings, and even that was mediocre, but I give it credit, as it's not as mediocre as 2006.

And they tried to hype his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I guess that sort of took off. (I'd kill myself if I heard a furry say that he or she only bought BAWWW because of Sucknic. LOL I AM HILARIOUS.)

I wish they'd go back to their 2D roots and go back to the basics, like Capcom did with Megaman 9.

You've got a lot of 4chan on your brain.

Sonic fans are not furfags, and neither are the people who were tricked by the previews of that game.

Sonic and the Secret Rings was a decent game, but got very tedious. The songs that weren't good were bad. Adding in skills was a bad move. The way they presented the cutscenes, though, was very original. Don't do it again.

Furries aren't naturally furfags. It's only when you expose yourself to whatever garbage insults those furfag bullies throw out there that you think everything Sonic the Hedgehog-related is furfag material.

YOU'RE TOO SLOW YOU'RE TOO SLOW YOU'RE TOO SLOW YOU'RE TOO SLOW YOU'RE TOO SLOW YOU'RE TOO SLOW YOU'RE TOO SLOW YOU'RE TOO SLOW I'M TOO CHEAP

Yes, Sonic should go back to its roots. Most long-running series nowadays should go back to their roots anyway. Except Mario. Who knows why.

Furfag.

Hypocrisy is Fun
08-19-2008, 03:28 AM
Most long-running series nowadays should go back to their roots anyway. Except Mario. Who knows why.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l324/todorip/New-Super-Mario-Bros.jpg

On the topic at hand, I believe that Sonic Adventures 2 was a masterpiece and they should make newer Sonic games more like it.

Also, it's not really all of 4chan thats like that. Mostly /b/.

Exon Auxus
08-19-2008, 03:30 AM
Lets hope that the sword gameplay isn't as annoying as Shadow's guns.

Amen. Shadow the Hedgehog was an just an embarrasment. I didn't get Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii because my friend said it sucked. Is it any good?

Neon_Espeon
08-19-2008, 04:51 AM
Amen. Shadow the Hedgehog was an just an embarrasment. I didn't get Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii because my friend said it sucked. Is it any good?

It depends, most people(mainly the ones who hated the Shadow game and StH06) liked It, while the rest hated It(mainly the ones jumping on the new Sonic game hate bandwagon(or, "everyone on GameFAQs and YouTube"). But I'd say give It a rent, just to be safe. It's quite hard recommending a game that's had so many mixed reviews.

As for revivals and that stuff, maybe If some fans actually Ignore the "gawd awefull" voice acting and "teh supar slowe WereHog gameplae" they might find a great game In Unleashed. But you can't blame SEGA-or any company- for trying something new with their franchise, otherwise It'd just get boring and fans will most likely complain about It and demand they do something different. =/ As for making a game like the original Genesis titles, well, I doubt that can happen when a good some of the original staff have left Sonic Team by now.

Lord Fedora
08-19-2008, 05:24 AM
Sonic's speed alone will not end Arthur's reign, so he must take up the sword in order to save the kingdom.

BLASPHEMY!

No, but I kid. Actually I don't, a Sonic game not centered around going fast and speedpwning hard does not compute. But Sonic Unleashed, you know I'm there. I like the idea of transitioning between classic sidescrolling and behind the back gameplay.