PDA

View Full Version : Need to know a good team for battle tower.

shiny hunter
08-19-2008, 05:06 AM
What is a good team to use for big streaks? My highest is only 36 wins.

Its for singles so i can only have 3 pokemon.

Yagami
08-20-2008, 12:01 AM
What is a good team to use for big streaks? My highest is only 36 wins.

Its for singles so i can only have 3 pokemon.
In my personal experience of using the Battle Tower, the best team I have found is that of Suicune, Snorlax and any Physical Sweeper. Electivire and Metagross are both good in this position.

declan9
08-20-2008, 09:34 AM
I think that a good Battle tower team would be Alakazam, Starmie and Gengar,

It's what I use, but I've not really tried yet. :cool:

X

Yagami
08-20-2008, 11:52 AM

X
Would Starmie be a Sweeper or a Spinner/ BoltBeam?

declan9
08-20-2008, 01:30 PM
In my team Spec. sweeper, however can be spinner.

X

Viva la Gofre
08-20-2008, 09:00 PM
In my team Spec. sweeper, however can be spinner.

X
Spinners are of very little use in BT- You have a very limited space for moves so unless you have a 4x SR weak it isnt worth wasting an entire moveslot on.

But yeah, I've found that the best combination for battle toweris the following:
Lead: A Poke capable of taking both physical and special hits and putting opponents to sleep, good examples including bronzong por uxie. This ensures safe switch-ins and also takes attacks that your sweepers couldnt usually cope with.
The final two pokes should be a sweeper for each side of the spectrum, with as much coverage as possible. Generic combinations like BoltBeam or Dark/fight should be usually be encompassed, as a single poke can cause you to become unstuck very quickly.

My general strategy is to open with the bulky lead, put whatever comes at you to sleep, and switch in the appropriate sweeper. Should anything ever come in that can threaten said sweeper, switch back to the lead to take the attack and status it, hence bridging the gap for the more able sweeper to switch in unharmed. It is very important in BT to ensure the survival of all pokes, as I have learned from letting my metagross explode before finding out the next poke was blissey.

Meh, maybe I put too much effort into something as simple as BT, got me a 200+ streak though :D

shiny hunter
08-21-2008, 04:20 AM
Spinners are of very little use in BT- You have a very limited space for moves so unless you have a 4x SR weak it isnt worth wasting an entire moveslot on.

But yeah, I've found that the best combination for battle toweris the following:
Lead: A Poke capable of taking both physical and special hits and putting opponents to sleep, good examples including bronzong por uxie. This ensures safe switch-ins and also takes attacks that your sweepers couldnt usually cope with.
The final two pokes should be a sweeper for each side of the spectrum, with as much coverage as possible. Generic combinations like BoltBeam or Dark/fight should be usually be encompassed, as a single poke can cause you to become unstuck very quickly.

My general strategy is to open with the bulky lead, put whatever comes at you to sleep, and switch in the appropriate sweeper. Should anything ever come in that can threaten said sweeper, switch back to the lead to take the attack and status it, hence bridging the gap for the more able sweeper to switch in unharmed. It is very important in BT to ensure the survival of all pokes, as I have learned from letting my metagross explode before finding out the next poke was blissey.

Meh, maybe I put too much effort into something as simple as BT, got me a 200+ streak though :D

This has been by far the best answer yet.:happy:

Thanks for the help everyone but i just found what im going to try and thats gofre's idea.

Viva la Gofre
08-21-2008, 12:33 PM
This has been by far the best answer yet.:happy:

Thanks for the help everyone but i just found what im going to try and thats gofre's idea.

I'm cool like that :happy:

X

Sorry ive just seen this and I have to ask, what on earth are you going to do against blissey?