PDA

View Full Version : Force Unleashed<3

Caraa
08-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Anyone one else completely siked for this game!? I mean, force grip, force push, force repulse, and force LIGHTNING. This game is gonna be something good.

Anyone want to share their thoughts on it?

Dark Lightning
08-19-2008, 09:31 AM
I don't know much about it, but it looks interesting on the Nintendo Wii, with the Wii-saber feature and all.

Seawolf
08-19-2008, 02:38 PM
I moved the thread to the correct section for you.

This game is going to be EPIC.

Shadowburn
08-19-2008, 02:46 PM
I was excited about this game when I first saw trailers months ago. Although the graphics for wii don't look so hot in the trailer, I sure hope thats not the case. *crosses fingers*

Orthar
08-19-2008, 03:05 PM
I was excited about this game when I first saw trailers months ago. Although the graphics for wii don't look so hot in the trailer, I sure hope thats not the case. *crosses fingers*

It is the case, since the Wii pushes out lower quality graphics than a PS2 on most games.

Game looks sick as shite.

Legendary Wolf
08-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Cant wait for it. <3

Looks friggin' awesome.

Disruption
08-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Don't get me excited.

I want this game so bad it's painful. The force powers look amazing, and of course, the way he holds his lightsaber is totally badass.

Roxas13
08-19-2008, 09:18 PM
If you have an xbox 360 or ps3 then this thursday you will get a chance to play it since the demo will be released.

Hypocrisy is Fun
08-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah, the Wii's version graphics aren't going to be that great.

I'll be sure to try the demo.

Seawolf
08-22-2008, 06:32 PM
The demo was fine, but way too short.

The gameplay is slightly more complex than I expected. I still need to get used to all the combos and stuff...

I reserved it. :3

Caraa
09-01-2008, 02:34 AM
The demo was fine, but way too short.

The gameplay is slightly more complex than I expected. I still need to get used to all the combos and stuff...

I reserved it. :3
I still have to reserve it. >.<

And I get to play no demo because my 360 RRoD'd. ;_;

I think I'm going to get it for the Wii though because I don't when I'm going to get a new 360, and even though the graphics are not as good as the 360 or PS3, I get a lightsaber Wiimote. =3

Seawolf
09-01-2008, 05:09 AM
I still have to reserve it. >.<

And I get to play no demo because my 360 RRoD'd. ;_;

I think I'm going to get it for the Wii though because I don't when I'm going to get a new 360, and even though the graphics are not as good as the 360 or PS3, I get a lightsaber Wiimote. =3

It's too bad you can't play a Wii demo to see if those controls actually work or not.

I've dropped $50 on my reserve, I just need $10 by the time it comes out. I want to pick it up as soon as it's released!

Exon Auxus
09-01-2008, 05:22 AM
God I can't freaking wait. I'm getting it the moment it gets and the store and I'm skipping school to play it for a week.

:o Well maybe not.

Azure
09-01-2008, 12:03 PM
This game looks AMAZING!!!

Any idea when it's coming on the PSN in PAL countries?

Legendary Wolf
09-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I reserved it. Im so happy.

Some of those combos are SICK!

Lord Fedora
09-01-2008, 02:39 PM
It's going to be, without a doubt, the best Star Wars game ever.

... anyone else think we're way overhyping this thing? I mean, the more we expect out of it, the less awesome it's going to seem. Ah, who cares, FORCE UNLEASHED FTW!

Seawolf
09-01-2008, 05:52 PM
This game looks AMAZING!!!

Any idea when it's coming on the PSN in PAL countries?

I found two websites that said the 17th, one day after the American release.

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-06-2008, 06:42 AM
The demo was pretty good, I'll probably give it a rent unless it has a lot to do after the main story is done. o:

Seawolf
09-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Just a few more days, dudes.

Squee.

Dragon_Master
09-14-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't know if I'll get it.
A little dark for me.

Oh, and on the back cover at gamestop, it has the guy disenigrating a storm trooper. D:
I wuv da stormies!

LS
09-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Yeah. I'v been waiting for this game for so long. I'm going to the mall during lunch time on tuesday to buy it. :D

ReclusiveDemon
09-15-2008, 01:24 AM
... anyone else think we're way overhyping this thing?
There is no such possibility for something that is made of as much win as The Force Unleashed.

Dr Scott
09-15-2008, 01:56 AM
With all of the reviews being thrown around I'm definitely waiting before putting down 60 bucks.

So some Star Wars fan (AKA RD, Meg, etc.) should post here about it when they've gotten decently far :P.

If you don't I'll TEMP BAN YOU! Yes, you too Meg. Because it's my force power :P.

Seawolf
09-15-2008, 06:33 PM
With all of the reviews being thrown around I'm definitely waiting before putting down 60 bucks.

So some Star Wars fan (AKA RD, Meg, etc.) should post here about it when they've gotten decently far :P.

If you don't I'll TEMP BAN YOU! Yes, you too Meg. Because it's my force power :P.

You poopie head. :(

I'll post something tomorrow afternoon or early in the evening, after I've had a chance to play it.

Dark Lightning
09-15-2008, 06:37 PM
First proper Star Wars game since ages, ammirite? (Apart from Lego Star Wars).
I'm getting it for Wii. :3

Dark Turtwig
09-15-2008, 06:42 PM
I know nothing abou this game. I don't really buy many star wars games. Except for the Star wars battlefront games, those were awesome. How similar to battlefront is this? Or is it like an RPG type of game, where you go around and follow the plot of star wars and have challenges, like Lego Star Wars? Somebody, tell me. And I could care less about graphics. A fun game is a fun game, and I really don't see why people only buy games because of the great graphics. :/

LS
09-15-2008, 10:49 PM
I know nothing abou this game. I don't really buy many star wars games. Except for the Star wars battlefront games, those were awesome. How similar to battlefront is this? Or is it like an RPG type of game, where you go around and follow the plot of star wars and have challenges, like Lego Star Wars? Somebody, tell me. And I could care less about graphics. A fun game is a fun game, and I really don't see why people only buy games because of the great graphics. :/

If you have a 360 with live go download the demo. If not idk about the PS3/Wii demos... It's basically you can do ANYTHING with the force. :D coughexceptwomancough

Nirvash
09-15-2008, 10:50 PM
I first need to get Live, then I shall start the purchasing of moar xbox games. This is high up on my list.

LS
09-15-2008, 10:54 PM
I first need to get Live, then I shall start the purchasing of moar xbox games. This is high up on my list.

But the force unleashed doesn't have anything for live. :O

Nirvash
09-15-2008, 10:55 PM
But the force unleashed doesn't have anything for live. :O

But I want to play all the other games on Live first. :O

Dark Turtwig
09-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Hm. Sounds cool, although I am not going to go waste 50 dollars upon it. I only have the Wii. And I assume it does'nt have wi-fi play, so I don't want it. Have fun with it guys!

Seercry
09-15-2008, 11:44 PM
The game looks pretty good. I would not get it on Wii though. Because of the Wiimote use, they had to change many parts of the original game to match in with Wiimote use, so I'm getting it for 360. It still looks epic on Wii, though.

Dark Turtwig
09-15-2008, 11:47 PM
The game looks pretty good. I would not get it on Wii though. Because of the Wiimote use, they had to change many parts of the original game to match in with Wiimote use, so I'm getting it for 360. It still looks epic on Wii, though.

Yes. The Wii pwns. :cool:

LS
09-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Hm. Sounds cool, although I am not going to go waste 50 dollars upon it. I only have the Wii. And I assume it does'nt have wi-fi play, so I don't want it. Have fun with it guys!

Actually... The wii is the only console it has Wi-Fi. xD They couldn't put in Havok and that other thingy for the AI instead they made a versus mode which you can play online. :O

Dragon_Master
09-16-2008, 09:47 PM
:eek:
I saw the commercial.
Starkiller smushed togother an AT-ST together with the force!

[For those of you who don't know what that is, look it up!]

Charbok
09-16-2008, 10:06 PM
My mom said she was picking it up for me on her break. Let's hope it doesn't sell out... *crosses fingers*

Seawolf
09-16-2008, 10:12 PM
I played the game for close to 3 hours.

I am in love with it. The boss battles are EPIC.

Charbok
09-16-2008, 10:16 PM

Underrated by critics?

Seawolf
09-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Underrated by critics?

They focus too much on the negative stuff, which is a bummer.

Charbok
09-16-2008, 10:28 PM
They focus too much on the negative stuff, which is a bummer.

It's funny because all the reviews I've read say stuff like, "It's a really fun experience, with a few flaws. The story is amazing and it's a great game to play. 7/10."

superdude44
09-16-2008, 10:41 PM
I have reserved it. it seems so cool and it has many characters.

LS
09-19-2008, 01:39 AM

I KNOW. I only got this game for the story but the fights are just craaazy

Caraa
09-19-2008, 11:09 AM

I find the boss battles a little easy. ;_; It's not really a let down though, because the planet itself is a challenge.

I can't remember what planet I'm on, but it's right after you have to go to Felucia a second timeee~

And the graphics for the Wii aren't really that bad. I saw like all the videos for it ever created before it came out, so it looked like they would be good. And they were. The only let down was the talking. The barely move their lips, and I saw the video for the making of the character build. IT TURNED OUT PHAIL. D:

But otherwise, this game is amazing. The powers are amazing, the fact that you can change clothes and saber hilt and color is fantastic, and the plot is sick as hell. :3

Seawolf
09-19-2008, 05:38 PM
I find the boss battles a little easy. ;_; It's not really a let down though, because the planet itself is a challenge.

I can't remember what planet I'm on, but it's right after you have to go to Felucia a second timeee~

And the graphics for the Wii aren't really that bad. I saw like all the videos for it ever created before it came out, so it looked like they would be good. And they were. The only let down was the talking. The barely move their lips, and I saw the video for the making of the character build. IT TURNED OUT PHAIL. D:

But otherwise, this game is amazing. The powers are amazing, the fact that you can change clothes and saber hilt and color is fantastic, and the plot is sick as hell. :3

If you want harder boss battles, try playing on the Sith Lord or Sith Master settings. I beat the game, now I'm trying it on the Sith Lord difficulty, and it's already kicking my ass.

Dark Lightning
09-19-2008, 05:55 PM
I'll get it on Wii for my birthday coming up soon.
What's it like? :/

Caraa
09-19-2008, 10:54 PM
I beat the game too. That really shouldn't be. ;_; I'll try it out though. Really hard, huh?

@DT: Toooooooo short. Really good, but too short. Beat it in under seven hours. I'm halfway through it again in regular mode, and I can say that the replay value is amazing. But you should get it. Very good game.

Now I can see why it got a 7/10...

Seawolf
09-19-2008, 11:02 PM
I beat the game too. That really shouldn't be. ;_; I'll try it out though. Really hard, huh?

@DT: Toooooooo short. Really good, but too short. Beat it in under seven hours. I'm halfway through it again in regular mode, and I can say that the replay value is amazing. But you should get it. Very good game.

Now I can see why it got a 7/10...

I had to do the boss battles a few times over so far. I might just be really sucky, though.

:(

Which ending did you choose?

LS
09-20-2008, 01:08 AM
So I beat the game today and picked the good guy ending. :O I wanna try getting the Dark Side ending now.

Rizaado
09-27-2008, 06:09 AM
There are multiple endings??? I thought there was only one ending......can someone explain how to get alternative endings?

Seawolf
09-27-2008, 06:55 AM
There are multiple endings??? I thought there was only one ending......can someone explain how to get alternative endings?

When you defeat ***** at the end of the last level, there's a cutscene. As soon as it's over, jump down to the right to fight him again. It's the dark side ending.

Yeah, most of us know who it is, but I don't want to spoil the game for those who haven't played it yet...

Rizaado
09-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Ok, thanks, I'll do that on my second run.

Caraa
10-14-2008, 03:13 AM
When you defeat ***** at the end of the last level, there's a cutscene. As soon as it's over, jump down to the right to fight him again. It's the dark side ending.

Yeah, most of us know who it is, but I don't want to spoil the game for those who haven't played it yet...
*o*

Must. Get. Dark Side ending.

*o*

Stormdancer94
10-14-2008, 06:06 AM
There's a Wii Saber Feature? Dude. I was just thinking how COOL that would be a couple of months ago! Dude! It looks pretty cool, so yeah. I might get it. It depends. It's probably going to cost a whole torso (lol bad pun.) or something. So yeah.

Seawolf
10-15-2008, 01:51 AM
*o*

Must. Get. Dark Side ending.

*o*

It also unlocks one of the coolest costumes! :D

There's a Wii Saber Feature? Dude. I was just thinking how COOL that would be a couple of months ago! Dude! It looks pretty cool, so yeah. I might get it. It depends. It's probably going to cost a whole torso (lol bad pun.) or something. So yeah.

If possible, I'd recommend getting it for the 360 or PS3 instead. The level design is far superior, and both versions just look fantastic. The Wii version also does not support the physics engines that makes the game so awesome. :(

Also, downloadable content for the 360 and PS3 versions should be coming out soon.