PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IV

Fushigidane
08-19-2008, 08:28 PM
It looks interesting, and I want to ask you if I should get it. If you don't think so, tell me another DS game I should get. Thanks.

Hypocrisy is Fun
08-19-2008, 09:23 PM
It's probably the best newer DS game out right now. I'd go for it.

Poring
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Have you played a previous version? If you haven't played it since the SNES, buy it. It's pretty good.

Skottles
08-20-2008, 12:10 AM
that game looks good although I do not have it. I do have FF3 on ds though which is very good. I will be getting IV soon.

SBaby
08-20-2008, 07:49 AM
FFIV on the DS is great. It improves over FFIII in every way, and even has voiced cutscenes. Best of all, NO MOGNET!!! That's right, no sending seven freaking messages to other players to unlock things. Everything is unlockable in-game, the way it should be.

Fushigidane
08-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Have you played a previous version? If you haven't played it since the SNES, buy it. It's pretty good.
Never played a Final Fantasy game.

Scourge of Amaranth
08-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Never played a Final Fantasy game.

:O That's sacrilege!

I would definitely get FFIV. The graphics are decent, and as someone mentioned previously, the cutscenes are voiced this time... which is just plain fun. The plot is entertaining, the gameplay is the usual Final Fantasy stuff that almost everybody loves. As far as DS games go, it's on my list of top ten.

Of course, that may have to do more with the scarceity (sp?) of semi-decent DS games than anything else.

~IGC t DM+

Fushigidane
08-20-2008, 03:00 PM
One more thing.
Is it too inapropriate for 10 year olds?

Poring
08-20-2008, 03:29 PM
One more thing.
Is it too inapropriate for 10 year olds?

Nah, you'll be fine. I think a character says "damn" or "hell" very occasionally, but that's about it.

Scourge of Amaranth
08-20-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm pretty sure it's rated E10+.... There's really nothing inappropriate excluding Rosa's clothing, which you can't see very well in the first place. I don't remember a particularly damaging amount of swearing, if any.... Final Fantasy isn't a particularly crude series, as a general rule. I'd say it's fine.

I'm probably not the best one to judge what's appropriate for ten-year-olds, though. My ten-year-old sister read the Robert Jordan series, teehee.

~IGC t DM+

George Jefferson
08-20-2008, 06:39 PM
There's really nothing inappropriate excluding Rosa's clothing, which you can't see very well in the first place.

What was that about Rosa's clothing?

I haven't seen screenshots.

Fushigidane
08-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Nah, you'll be fine. I think a character says "damn" or "hell" very occasionally, but that's about it.
I know those words. xP