PDA

View Full Version : UU battle team...what do you think?

kill_shot
08-22-2008, 06:30 AM
Ok i'm competing in UU battles...what do you think?

Rapidash--??

Pikachu-252spd, 252 sp atk- light ball
Surf
Volt tackle
Thunder bolt
quick attack( need to change moves_

Absol(which i need to trade for)

Marowak

Swellow

Crawdaunt

I get tons of immunities, PIkachu covers ground with surf and outclassing speed.
i just need good movesets, and EV's i guess

The_Seventieth_Evil
08-22-2008, 09:13 AM
~A Grass Knot on Pikachu?

~Rapidash with Life Orb: Hypnosis/Will-o-Wisp Double Kick Flare Blitz Megahorn/*Grass Hidden Power*

To get the Hypnosis & Double Kick, Smeargle is fastest.

If you do not have a Smeargle, then use a typical Double Kicker like a Combusken or Nidorino will need to pair with a STANTLER in the Daycare center.

Swellow with Guts + Facade. Quick Attack, Pursuit, Aerial Ace, Brave Bird.
I'm not too sure about the Quick Attack. Try breeding a Pursuit into a Starly then level the offsring to Staraptor and pair it with a Taillow.

Elrond
08-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Ok i'm competing in UU battles...what do you think?

Rapidash--??

Pikachu-252spd, 252 sp atk- light ball
Surf
Volt tackle
Thunder bolt
quick attack( need to change moves_

Absol(which i need to trade for)

Marowak

Swellow

Crawdaunt

I get tons of immunities, PIkachu covers ground with surf and outclassing speed.
i just need good movesets, and EV's i guess

You actually only have two immunities, ground with Swellow, and Psychic with Absol and Crawdaunt. A good Close Combat user will easily kill Pika, Absol, Swellow, and Crawdaunt, especially if it's scarfed (scarf Hitmonlee comes readily to mind), and a water user will beat Rapidash and Marowak. Just because Surf is super-effective against ground-types doesn't make it a good counter. Remember, there are many of non-ground types who will carry EQ, such as Aerodactyl, who will easily kill you with most of its attacks. Pikachu's horrible defenses make it a poor choice on most teams. Just about anything can kill it with ease.

Besides... since when can Pikachu learn Surf anyway?

Cucumber
08-22-2008, 04:45 PM
~A Grass Knot on Pikachu?

~Rapidash with Life Orb: Hypnosis/Will-o-Wisp Double Kick Flare Blitz Megahorn/*Grass Hidden Power*

To get the Hypnosis & Double Kick, Smeargle is fastest.

If you do not have a Smeargle, then use a typical Double Kicker like a Combusken or Nidorino will need to pair with a STANTLER in the Daycare center.

Swellow with Guts + Facade. Quick Attack, Pursuit, Aerial Ace, Brave Bird.
I'm not too sure about the Quick Attack. Try breeding a Pursuit into a Starly then level the offsring to Staraptor and pair it with a Taillow.

Yea Grassknot on Pikachu is standard man.
Also run this Pika
Pikachu@Light orb
Timid nature
Evs:252 Speed/252 Special Attack/ 4 HP
~Thunder bolt
~Grass knot
~Hidden power ice
~Nasty Plot
You lack a true special sweeper on your team and you lack a wall.

Try maybe Steelix and Hypno as your walls they are really good in UU play.

Fire Away
08-23-2008, 02:09 AM
Pikachu has to be Hardy if you use Surf, or it's illegal. Besides, Grass Knot offers coverage on the same things.