PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Like Dragonforce? >>

Stardy
08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Curious, since they suck nowadays. :L

I liked the first Album, don't get me wrong, but then the second sucked compared to it, third was worse, and now the apparent fourth one will be he worst of all time.

First was original, and only one or two songs sucked on it, not bad for a debut album.

Second was meh, you could listen to it, but prefer the first. Like normal second albums, I know.

Third was completly sucky. There was only one decent song on it, TTFAF, and that was f*cking killed due to be overrated in every way by every body. The rest either sucked badly or was exactly like TTFAF in every way, except lyrics.

And now they are working on a Fourth one. Srsleh, they released a preview, and it was pretty much TTFAF but shorter, suckier and, well, yeah... ._.

And they suck live. Very much.

So, yeah, people have treated them as the greatest band ever due to 'AWESOME SONGS AND GUITAR SOLO'S' (that is answers I got from other forums, and real life. ._.), but I don't see it. Somebody explain to me how they are the 'greatest band ever', over the likes of Metallica, Guns 'N Roses, Slayer, The Who, Nickelback, Blink 182, Linkin Park, Disturbed and many more bands. Some of you won't like some of the bands I listed, but you get the point I am getting at. How can Dragon Force be classed as the best, or one of them? :|

Dark Lightning
08-22-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm no expert, but maybe because of through the fire and flames?
I like them. They are good...

Stardy
08-22-2008, 01:50 PM

Yeah, thats what got me to hate them tbh, people over rating the heck out of it, and so they just decided to base the rest of the songs on it. >>
I like the song, but I mentioned, because people liked it, they based every other song they have made since then based on. And all of them sucked. And the ones they didn't, sucked more. :|

Orthar
08-22-2008, 05:36 PM
I like them. They are good...

Yeah, they are good at playing their songs slow and then speeding them up in the studio. Also, they are quite good at using a drum machine in studio. They are a studio band that over their last 3 albums haven't grown a bit.

Live, they fail.

Charbok
08-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Their harmonization is good, so are their riffs (when sped up, lol).

George Jefferson
08-22-2008, 07:10 PM
On a cold winter mornin'

Poring
08-22-2008, 07:14 PM
IN THE TIME BEFORE THE LIGHT!

I don't play guitar, but that Asian guy is pretty cool.

George Jefferson
08-22-2008, 07:21 PM
IN THE TIME BEFORE THE LIGHT!

Join in everybody!

IN FLAMES OF DEATH'S ETERNAL REIGN WE RIDES TOWARD THE FIGHT

Dark Turtwig
08-22-2008, 07:27 PM
I don't really get it either. They kinda suck. The only good song IMO they have out is Through the Fire and the Flames. I mean, there are so many other bands out there. I mean, AFI, once their song Miss Murder was on Guitar Hero, they got very popular. I mean, it's a great song. But Blink 182 is so much better. Like if you compared one of both bands most popular songs: TTFATF-Dragonforce, and All The Small Things -Blink-182, which one would you think is better? Personally, I think ATST is better. But, then again, everyone is entitled to their own opinons. Even if they are just influenced by Popular Culture.

Poring
08-22-2008, 07:31 PM
IN FLAMES OF DEATH'S ETERNAL REIGN WE RIDES TOWARD THE FIGHT

AND THE DARKNESS IS FALLING DOWN AND THE TIMES ARE TOUGH ALL RIGHT

Mudkipboi, even if they're not that good, that one Asian guy is still awesome.

Rizaado
08-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Eh, they aren't my fav. I have some of there songs on my ipod, but truly they are a studio band. They suck live.

Stardy
08-22-2008, 08:40 PM
mornin'

All that needed to be said, really. Most epic part of the song anyhow. o: