PDA

View Full Version : Team Advice?

KhannKlan
08-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi everyone, so a couple of my friends and I all have Pearl or Diamond and are setting up teams for fun. We're running all shiny teams so that takes out quite a few options for pokemon, but it's a challenge to chain and catch quality shinies.
Anyway, with that bit out of the way, I have this team set up at the moment, I'm planning on eventually getting more pokemon to add versatility to my team and to keep more options open than the same 6 pokemon every time. I would like some advice before I go ahead and train all of these pokemon, to make sure I'm not making any huge mistakes.

Ninjask@Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Speed Boost
252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
-- Protect
-- Swords Dance
-- X-Scissor
-- Baton Pass

The basic idea behind him is to protect, swords dance the second turn, protect again if necessary, and BP a SD and 2-3 Speed Boosts to a Phys. Sweeper. His EV's aren't too important, he is a utility pokemon. However, if he does get taunted after a SD the extra attack may help. I'm considering giving him the support of an ingrain Smeargle, but the same Smeargle could be used to Belly Pass. This guy will not always be on my team, but he is one of the 6 I have caught at the moment (yes with decent IVs). Advice is appreciated.

Marowak@Thick Club
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Lightning Rod
252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
-- Earthquake
-- Rock Slide
-- Double Edge
-- Swords Dance

Yes, after 2 chains and 9 shinies not 1 Cubone was Rock Head. This is a setback, and I may have to go and chain more if it is that crucial, but at the moment this is what I have. Double Edge could be switched, but it is a good move for coverage and such. Swords Dance is just a filler, and I can't get Fire Punch from Emerald so that doesn't help much. Marowak is my fav. pokemon so I'm hoping to be able to fit him on a team, at the moment he is the target of Baton Passes, and in theory he should be able to tear things apart when he gets the boosts. As for EV's, I left out speed as I am relying on baton passes for him at the moment.

Gallade@Life Orb
Nature: Impish
Ability: Steadfast
252 Atk / 152 Hp / 104 Spd
-- Close Combat
-- Night Slash / Psycho Cut
-- Toxic
-- Taunt

Well, this guy is a question mark. He is a phys. attacker of course, but I wanted taunt and toxic on my team, and he learned both moves. His high Sdef is a bonus as well. If this guy is getting me laughed at on the forum, let me know how to fix it ;).

Gengar@Wide Lens
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
252 Satk / 252 Sp / 4 HP
-- Will-O-Wisp
-- Hypnosis
-- Thunderbolt
-- Shadow Ball

Well, a status and sweep Gengar, can counter lots of physical sweepers quite well, and still has quite a bit of power behind him. Wide lens to increase accuracy of status moves. Focus Blast could be added, but I figured my Gallade already had CC, so I would leave it out.

Togekiss@Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: Serene Grace
252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Satk
-- Thunder Wave
-- Air Slash
-- Aura Sphere
-- Roost

A para-flinch Togekiss. Used to sweep some, annoy a lot, and be a special wall.

Bronzong@Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
252 HP / 252 Sdef / 4 Def
-- Confuse Ray
-- Gyro Sphere
-- Stealth Rock
-- Relflect

A supporting Bronzong. I got lucky with this one as he has IV's of 31 in both Defense and Special Defense.

So that is my potential team, I won't write much more as I've gotten tired of writing and you've gotten tired of reading. I think I may be lacking some pure Special Attack damage, and some types may not be covered fully. Anyway, I will appreciate any and all help you can give me.

paratroopa
08-22-2008, 03:39 PM
I have a Shiny Gallade in my Main Party and he looks like this:

Gallade@Leftovers
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Steadfast
255 Atk / 51 Hp / 51 Spd / 31 Def / 51 SAtk / 71 SDef
-- Close Combat
-- Night Slash
-- Psycho Cut
-- Stone Edge

This has helped me a fair few times and a nice EV spread is beneficial.

Cucumber
08-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Jolly really is not needed on Marowak because if you pass to him he is just going to flat out rape anyways. With thick club and a SD or two he gets over 1,000 Attack :D.
Anyways your team looks pretty good I really can't point out a true weakness.

Also run 252 Defense/Hp on Bronzong since you have your special wall Togekiss already.

KhannKlan
08-22-2008, 05:07 PM
One more question, I'm considering losing Aura Sphere on Togekiss for Encore, is that a smart decision or will it leave me too open to anything resistant to air slash?

Another option is to use flamethrower for the higher chance of burning, any opinions are appreciated.