PDA

View Full Version : My Battle Tower Failure.

declan9
08-23-2008, 01:08 PM
My Single Battle tower team can beat the Tower Tycoon the first time, then not progress! How could I improve..?

Gengar @ Wide Lense

Hypnosis,
Thunderbolt,
Shadow Ball,
Focus Blast,

Alakazam @ Shell Bell

Shadow Ball,
Psychic,
Shock Wave,
Toxic,

Starmie @

Thunderbolt,
Psychic,
Ice Beam,
Surf.

How could I improve?

X

Sky discharge
08-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Your whole team is just of Special sweepers so i would replace one with a physical sweeper. I would replace alakazam because all of its moves are the same types as moves on other pokemon in your team.

i.e

Shadow ball = Gengar has shadow ball
Psychic = Starmie has Psychic
Shock wave = Gengar has thunderbolt

For your physical sweeper (if you put it in) try and make it have types of moves your gengar and starmie do not. for example you have no fire, flying or ground moves.

Hope this helps and good luck with your next try against the battle tower :hungry:

declan9
08-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Which pokemon would you recommend?

X

faceplant527
08-23-2008, 06:38 PM
get a blissey in there. your whole team is prone to ghost and psychic attacks !!!

i say:
keep the gengar
get blissey
outraging dragonite???

you got a special sweeper, physicle sweeper and the best wall

declan9
08-23-2008, 07:23 PM
What moves for the Blissey?

X

Void
08-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Anything can beat the in-game battle tower. But w/e I don't think you should use Blissey because then you are prone to physical attacks. Try a double wall, like Dusknoir. A recommended set for Dusknoir is:

Dusknoir@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 HP (the remaining two EVs are useless, don't waste your time with them)
Nature: Impish

~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Fire Punch
~ ThunderPunch / Ice Punch
~ Pain Split

Quite an awesome tank. For your special attacker, choose Starmie. I have a set that works awesome for in-game.

Starmie@Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 hp
Nature: Modest

~ Grass Knot / Psychic
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Surf / Hydro Pump

SpecsStar without Specs. According to Smogon, works very well in the Battle Tower, which is your problem.

For a physical attacker, try the over-used Pokemon in the whole over-used metagame. Which, of course, is Garchomp.

Garchomp@Yache Berry
EVs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
Nature: Adamant

~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Outrage / Dragon Claw
~ Fire Fang

Yache Berry Swords Dance Chomp. Yache Berry will weaken those threatening Ice types attacks so the won't one-hit ko you. About Dragon Claw vs Outrage, it's your choice whether you want more power at the disadvantage of being locked in Outrage and the confusion that follows or less power with the advantage of being able to use a different move after and no confusion.

I really hoped that helped. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me about it.

declan9
08-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Okay, hmm

When Blissey was posted I thought about the vulnerability, so I thought Metagross?

Garchomp is a good thought and my Gengar and Starmie I think should stay in the team.!

X

Shun Goku Satsu
08-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Mettagross will work, bullet punch will come in useful

Personally i use Bronzong in the BT. It's always best to have a bulky poke who covers your sweepers weaknesses so he can come in when something threatens them. Zong works well because he can offer hypnosis support

declan9
08-24-2008, 03:42 PM
But then that is two Psychic Pokemon in Bronzong and Starmie... Potentially weak toward any Ghost attacks!

Scizor?

X

windbladeicepuppy
08-24-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm not very good at building a team, but how would a Lucario do in declan9's team?

Yagami
08-25-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm not very good at building a team, but how would a Lucario do in declan9's team?

Lucario wouldn't be bad but SD Chomp is the better choice. Basically, because of it's speed and higher physical Attack after Swords Dancing.

Void
09-01-2008, 08:14 AM
But then that is two Psychic Pokemon in Bronzong and Starmie... Potentially weak toward any Ghost attacks!

Scizor?

X

But then if you kept Gengar, it would also be weak to Ghost. Plus, Bronzong is also steel type besides Pyschic, making Dark and Ghost attacks neutral.

So, use:

~Starmie
~Bronzong
~Garchomp

Or, as I mentioned earlier, you could go with Dusknoir over Bronzong in the second slot but that would mean your whole team could get destroyed by Weavile (Except if Garchomp holds a Yache Berry, plus I don't really think in-game Pokemon are actually EV'd so I guess you could outspeed it and hit it with Earthquake or Outrage or something).

Ulazlo
09-01-2008, 06:26 PM
whats worked well for me and others(found this team at smogon) is

starmie
t-tar
garchomp

go with a specs star but use expert belt instead, its a pretty potent force and can kill 90% of the pokes in the tower.

then dragon dance t-tar mainly to set up sandstorm but he has the ability to sweep as well

then finally a scarfed outraging garchomp is there to finish off whatever is left.