PDA

View Full Version : Gold Version Time Capsule

Deoxysfan
06-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Does anyone know how you use the Time Capsule in Gold Version. I want to trade pokemon to Yellow Version. Can somebody help me?

Demon_Shiron
06-09-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm not really sure... I think you have to make sure you have ALL Kanto Poke'mon in your team and on Yellow you must use the regular trade thing. Hope I helped. :wink:

Amaru
06-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Yes you cant have any Johto pokemon in your team, and your r/b/y pokemon cant have any new moves e.g sandstorm, spikes, curse.

Then you use the time capsule the same as the regular trade thingie.

Deoxysfan
06-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Thanks Firelover. :wink: I have all Kanto pokemon in my team in Gold and I use that regular trade thing in Yellow. I'm just wondering what to do next. :confused:

Edit:Every time it links it says the trade has been cancled because of inacvity.

SnowTiger
06-09-2005, 02:28 AM
Sometimes that happens with mine too, did you make sure both games only had Kanto pokemon? And did they link at almost the same time? Well, keep trying, with mine sometimes I have to restart it.

PKMN Trainer RED
06-09-2005, 02:37 AM
Ok they only problem is that maybe your not doing at it the right time, my friend and I had this trouble so just get another person and count 1, 2, 3 then hit A then it shoudl work, if not try again.

Demon_Shiron
06-09-2005, 02:51 AM
Thanks Firelover. :wink: I have all Kanto pokemon in my team in Gold and I use that regular trade thing in Yellow. I'm just wondering what to do next. :confused:

Edit:Every time it links it says the trade has been cancled because of inacvity.
It says "cancelled because of inactivity" because nothing has been going on for too long. It only can stay in the trading thing for so long before it has to close. When I had Yellow and Gold I used the Time Capsule and then I had to go to the bathroom so I just left my Gameboys sit and then it said, "The link has been cancelled because of inactivity". I read somewhere that if it din't do that your game would crash or get a bug in it or something like that.

Deoxysfan
06-09-2005, 03:14 AM
I tried 15 times but it still didn't work. :sad: I tried restarting the game and trying it again but it still didn't. :depress:

PKMN Trainer RED
06-09-2005, 03:37 AM
Hmm Ok tell me the pokemon you have in both games, I might find something worng withit by your pokemon. (don't ask why, it sometimes just works.)

Deoxysfan
06-09-2005, 05:12 AM
Gold Version:Eletrode,Rhyhorn,Dodrio,Poliwag,Nidorina,N idorino.
Yellow:Pikachu,Charizard,Blastoise,Venasaur,Snorel ax,Nidoking.

PKMN Trainer RED
06-09-2005, 06:10 AM
Ok do any of them know whirlpool or water fall?

SirShaner
06-09-2005, 02:45 PM
ya, the same thing happened when i tried to trade from blue to crystal and it closed because of inactivity. now i can't save in the blue version:( whenever i turn it back on it says the "file data is destroyed!" and it brings up option or new game... so i dont know if its related to that?

SnowTiger
06-09-2005, 02:59 PM
hm.. well, did any of those pokemon know a Jhoto move? You can't trade if the do.

PKMN Trainer RED
06-09-2005, 03:38 PM
HM's are the biggest forget, the new HM's can't be traded back in time so many peopel get mad because they forgot about it lol. :oops:

Amaru
06-10-2005, 04:42 AM
"the link has been closed due to inactivity" has NOTHING to do with the pokemon or their moves. If you have johto pokemon or moves, she wont let you link up. Something's wrong with the cable or the cable ports, or you have bad timing.

darkmewtwo1111
06-14-2005, 11:39 PM
bill said to wait one day and then you can trade with r/b/y

Charmander #4
06-15-2005, 12:52 AM
Ok do any of them know whirlpool or water fall?
Waterfall was around in RBY.

Sky Girl
06-15-2005, 12:59 AM
Waterfall was around in RBY.

It's not in Yellow. I've never played blue or red but it's definitely not in yellow.

Thanatos
06-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Seaking naturally learnt Waterfall in RBY.

So any pokemon with the move "Waterfall" can still go back to the old games.