PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Sam Wants You! For Elite 4!

HKim
08-26-2008, 03:04 AM
Hello everyone! So we need to fill up vacant spots in the Elite 4.

At the moment, we have one Elite 4 position open and one back-up Elite 4 position open. The back-up position is used whenever one of the Elite 4 wishes to become Champion, such as when Dux tried.

In order to become an Elite 4 member, you need to meet the following requirements:

1. Must own at least 10 Pokemon.

2. Must be active.

3. Must have the determination and ability to defend your title against anyone who challenges you.

If you are interested, please fill out this form:

Forum Name:
Instant Messenger Names: List the messenger and your screen name
Current Positions: Moderator, Official, Ref, Grader, Gym Leader, etc.
Elite 4 Pokemon: You must list ten pokemon that you own that you plan to use as an Elite 4
Qualifications: Explain in a short paragraph why you're the best qualified for the position.
Other: Any other comments you may have.

Note that you don't need to have a messenger to apply, but it's highly recommended and helps your chances. In addition, we will be selecting the applicants who we feel will best uphold these positions. Good luck.

Exon Auxus
08-26-2008, 03:21 AM
Worth a shot.

Forum Name: Silver Skarmory
Instant Messenger Names: AIM, FreeCheese0
Current Positions: Ref, Gym Leader
Elite 4 Pokemon: Tyranitar, Togekiss, Electrode, PorygonZ, Garchomp, Snorlax, Yanmega, Electrivire, Dragonite, Salamence
Qualifications: I've been competitive battling battling since...a while ago. Although it's not the exact same as URPG, it's a lot like it, so I know quite a lot of underused strategies for a lot of pokemon, including the ones above. Given the fact that I know most common and new strategies coming out, I'm pretty much able to counter them-particularly with leads, which would then give me the upper hand from the start. I've run a couple gyms here, had LD one time and another, and still do a lot of the competitive battling I mentioned earlier. Basically, give me a pokemon, and I'll give you a strategy for it(not Luvdisc).

Haze
08-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Forum Name: crazy231
Instant Messenger Names: AIM - thecincybengals
Current Positions: Oreburgh Gym Leader, Ref, Former Legend Defender
Elite 4 Pokemon: Tyranitar, Yanmega, Starmie, Aerodactyl, Lopunny, Infernape, Gengar, Blissey, Dragonite, Hippowdon.
Qualifications: People say I'm a good battler and I've beaten the current Champion and every Elite but Ball before(never battled him :x). I also was LD, beating Sigma_ for it and defending it right away D:. I'm also active :o

There's my fail applications :cool:

Ketamine
08-26-2008, 09:20 AM
I feel like doing this cause it looks good.

Forum Name: Team Evolution
Instant Messenger Names: AIM - Charmander4lyf
Current Positions: Pokemon Trainer, Grader, Retired Gym Leader, Ref, School Tournament Winner! Retired Orange Island Leader, Ref tester.
Elite 4 Pokemon: Kingdra, Metagross, Tyranitar, Crobat, Weaville, Garchomp, Houndoom, Espeon, Ludicolo, Heracross
Qualifications: I am a good battle =P. Ive beaten every member of the Eltie 4 in a match 4v4 and above. Lasted quite a while as LD, won School tourney which took 6 months to finish =-= and I am trying to get back active D:.

Volcanflame
08-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Forum Name: Volcanflame ... o:
Instant Messenger Names: AIM: Volcanflame, MSN: volcanflame@hotmail.com, YM: volcanflame
Current Positions: Referee, Mahogany Gym Leader
Elite 4 Pokemon: Espeon, Metagross, Togekiss, Ninjask, Electivire, Swampert, Crobat, Walrein, Jynx, Weavile
Qualifications: Um, well, I have no qualifications but I think I'm a decent battler ... LOL @.@

-Volcan-

Husnain
08-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Forum Name: Husnain
Instant Messenger Names: AIM - Husnainisme
Current Positions: Official, Ref, Ref Tester, Retired Gym Leader x5+, LD x4
Elite 4 Pokemon: Weavile, Garchomp, Electrode, Starmie, Gengar, Alakazam, Swampert, Aerodactyl, Crobat, Houndoom.
Qualifications: Uh... I can battle and not suck! :O
Other: I guess I could come back if I'm chosen..

Milotic Master1
08-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Meh, I'll apply.

Forum Name: Milotic Master1

Messengers: (AIM: Vaporeonpwns)(MSN:tidesofd)(Yahoo:tidesofd)

Position: Trainer, Gym Leader.

Elite 4 Pokemon: Jumpluff, Exeggutor, Infernape, Kingdra, Weavile, Electrode, Hypno, Lucario, Alakazam, Sceptile

Qualifications: I'm good at battling, been in the URPG for a bit so I gots the experience, I'm really active, and I'm cool 8D.

Other notes: I'll be the only guy applying who isn't a ref! 8D

Leman
08-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Forum Name: Leman
Instant Messenger Names: Leman5693
Current Positions: Ref, Mikan Gym Leader, Official
Elite 4 Pokemon: Kingdra, Jolteon, Infernape, Spiritomb, Dragonite, Gardevoir, Swampert, Crobat, Ninjask, Starmie
Qualifications: Uhh, I'm a good battler. I can battle well competitively. I'm 22nd or so on Doug's server. I've been LD four times, beating Jr, TE, Crazy and Mike. I had Kyogre for a couple weeks too. I've been in URPG a while, and I got second in the forum FFA last year only losing out to Fenix, with my Crobat. I led my team to with the WAR FFA last summer. So, yeah. :D

Bryce
08-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Forum Name: BryceBoy10

Instant Messenger Names: AIM - BryceBoy10

Current Positions: Trainer, Grader, Ref, Petalburg Gym Leader

Elite 4 Pokemon: Snorlax, Infernape, Blissey, Crobat, Swampert, Weavile, Sceptile, Ludicolo, Garchomp, Espeon

Qualifications: I'm a pretty good battler. I've owned a few gyms, with fairly good records. Very active, yo. ICANTAKEPICSLIKEWTF! ;]

Other: Rawr. Look, it's a Bryce!

The Jr Trainer
08-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Forum Name: The Jr Trainer?!?!
Instant Messenger Names: AIM- pieandchips678; MSN- pieandchips678@live.com
Current Positions: Trainer, Ref, Grader, Trovita Gym Leader, Pokemart Cashier

Elite 4 Pokemon: Clefable, Swampert, Metagross, Electrode, Gyarados, Infernape, Kingdra, Starmie, Weavile, Alakazam

Qualifications: I think I am a good battler in tight spots, for example in my gym I can win 1vs1's even when I'm down in a hole. I've been told I was a good battler regularly before, both in URPG and on Shoddy for competitive battling. So, yea, that's why I think I'm qualified enough to be in the Elite four!
Other: Yea, that paragraph was horrible... :P

And Bryce, you might need Pokemon to have a chance of getting the spot.

SiberianTiger
08-27-2008, 01:44 AM
Forum Name: SiberianTiger

Instant Messenger Names: {AIM - TigerintheArk} {MSN - Isaiah_Bondurant@hotmail.com}

Current Positions: Trainer, Coordinator, Petalburg Gym Leader[former], Kumquat Gym Leader, URPG official, Grader, Judge, Ref, Ref Tester

Elite 4 Pokemon: Alakazam, Sceptile, Weavile, Metagross, Snorlax, Yanmega, Jolteon, Infernape, Garchomp, Kingdra *** Subject to change.

Qualifications: I've battled over 500 times within the URPG and despite my not so 'hot' record I've actually improved to about 200 - 100 in my last three hundred battles compared to the 100 - 100 I held before. As far as holding positions, I once held Petalburg and was able to defend it with reasonable success considering I only had experience using two of the normal types I was using. I then moved on to Kumquat, and although my record is rather poor right now, I can at least I care enough to make the attempt and get better rather then just give it up in despair.

And, if it means anything, I've beat the current champion twice in war battles, Ball as well, and on several occassions beat Loyal Arcanine as well.

This is including one season where I went undefeated for the entire war.

Other: I had to think long and hard about signing up here, for one I'm not entirely sure I'm qualified for the job or that I could defend my position with any amount of reasonable success. That said, I'd rather rather the blame fall with me and know, then have someone else claim the spot and not do well, and in doing so leaving me to wonder whether I made the right choice.

Eraizaa-kun
08-27-2008, 02:45 AM
Forum Name: Eraizaa-kun

Instant Messenger Name: Eraizaa (AIM)

Current Positions: Ref

Elite 4 Pokemon: Gardevoir, Froslass, Gallade, Drifblim, Togekiss, Dewgong, Cradily, Mr. Mime, Slowbro, Infernape

Qualifications: Ever since I joined the URPG I've been told that I'm a good battler. I'm also good at strategizing and I enjoy predicting my opponent's moves to shift the battle in my favor. What kind of strategies do I plan? Well, I try to find the most unusual yet effective way to battle within whatever I have at hand. I'm sure that could count for something.

Other: Yeah...why do we have to state our Forum Name if it's written in the upper left corner of each of our posts?

Iridium
08-27-2008, 06:38 AM
Forum Name: Pokelord01
Instant Messenger Names: [AIM] PokelordUltimate [MSN] pokelord@hotmail.com
Current Positions: Referee, Mossdeep Gym Leader
Elite 4 Pokemon: Alakazam, Electrode, Gengar, Starmie, Infernape, Metagross, Swampert, Gliscor, Weavile, Togekiss [Subject to change]
Qualifications: I think I'm a decent battler. I'm pretty active (on for at least 15 minutes every day when I have exams and around 1-2 hours on normal school days and 4 hours+ during holidays) and I've got some exprience with competitive battling. I can make up good startegies :o I'm in the Top 5 of the current Forum FFA :D

@Eraizaa: To make it look more formal, I guess :tongue:

LS
08-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Forum Name: Legend Slayer?
Instant Messenger Names: LSpl0x LS4prez
Current Positions: Ref Gym Leader Mart approver Former Legend Defender x2
Elite 4 Pokemon: Charizard Sceptile Metagross Kingdra Garchomp Gengar Yanmega Blaziken Crobat Alakazam
Qualifications: I don't really know whether I'm a good battler or not. I'v beaten a bunch of vets and my record is somewhat better than most of the other applicants but I still cant say I'm a good battler because it's a matter of point of view. :/
Other: If I get this spot do I have to drop my gym?

Shen
08-28-2008, 06:07 PM
-Forum Name: Deoxys Trainer

-Instant Messenger Names: AIM-Shen Sorein

-Current Positions: Olivine Gym Leader

-Elite 4 Pokemon: Metagross, Lucario, Salamence, Bronzong, Swampert, Infernape, Tyranitar, Charizard, Scizor, Empoleon (Don't be fooled by this Team, it's been very reliable to me x3)

-Qualifications: I've been an avid URPGer ever since I could be active. I've risen to be the Olivine Gym Leader, and have a fairly good record both for my Gym and in General. I never deny a battle without a really good reason, so I can take challenges a lot more than some others who avoid it for the heck of it. I can see strategies form when the need arises, and I can think on my feet in a good challenge.

I think I'm decently qualified, and now whether or not I am rests with those who make the decision on the new E4 members.

-Other: I'm not gonna mention whether or not I battled Elites and won or lost outside an E4 battle, because that can happen to anyone, really; there are plenty others just as tough a challenge as the current E4 members.

HKim
09-04-2008, 05:28 AM
I'm going to leave this open for another three days and then I'm closing it and we'll begin the vetting process for the Elite 4.

Mitsuzo-kun
09-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait.

Wait for me to get my Alakazam and Jumpluff back, then I shall apply. Am I too late? I'm assuming not because this is still open and not locked. x3;;

Application for when I get my two Pokemon back

Forum Name: djax94
Instant Messenger Names: AIM - JacksonPkmn
Current Positions: Ref, Grader, Contest Official (I think :3), Judge, Gym Leader (if I get Ecruteak back)
Elite 4 Pokemon: Gengar, Jolteon, Weavile, Infernape, Lucario, Alakazam, Kingdra, Marowak, Jumpluff, Aerodactyl.
Qualifications: Uhmm... None really, other than having experience and beaten some good members. :3
Other: Miss me? ;D

HKim
09-15-2008, 05:37 AM
lol, you're the last one then.

We'll begin the choosing process.

Thread - Locked and Unstickied