PDA

View Full Version : gallade and gardevoir

jorbian
08-26-2008, 03:40 AM
What would be the best movesets to use gallade and gardevoir for a double battle strategy? Is it even a good idea?

Exon Auxus
08-26-2008, 03:49 AM
What would be the best movesets to use gallade and gardevoir for a double battle strategy? Is it even a good idea?

It's probably that doubles isn't really my strong suit, but I tend to have harder times making strategies for pokemon that are meant to be pairs, like Gallade and Gardevoir, Solrock and Lunatone. I can tell you what I've seen though. I've seen a lot of people use Gardevoir(Calm Mind), and Gallade(Psych Up), which is kind of flawed because their defense needs to be made up for. The real bonus you get there is Gardevoir's Special Attack boost, not that the Special Defense booat is unappreciated, but what do you do when someone attempts to Crunch, besides switch? Of course, you can always use Hypnosis and Will-O-Wisp. I'm almost positive each learns both. Huh. Other than using Attract, which is really a gamble, I can't really think of another strategy for that set. Perhaps omeone else has better ideas, but those are just what I've seen.

MetalAzelf
08-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Gallade @ Life Orb

Adamant | 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP\Defence

~Night Slash
~Psycho Cut
~Leaf Blade
~Close Combat

In a Life Orb set, you'd need an odd number of HP to give you an extra turn with Life Orb before it kills you if your HP is low, meaning the last number of your HP has to be 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9. After doing the Attack and Speed EVs, check the max HP at Level 100 in a Wi-Fi Battle. If you need to go up one more in HP to get an odd number, then put the remaining 4 into HP. If not, put them into Defence. Anyway, this Pokemon's max Attack paired with a Life Orb will come to a huge 498 if I'm right, which should be an OHKO on Forretress with Close Combat. Careful not to be burned though, or you'll drop to only 249 Attack. You pretty much sweep according to the foe's type.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Gardevoir @ Leftovers

Calm | 252 Special Defence / 80 Defence / 172 HP

~Will-o-Wisp
~Psychic
~Wish
~Thunder Wave

This walls off things from both sides of the spectrum. You can back up both Gallade and Gardevoir's Defence and take advantage of their low Speed with Will-o-Wisp and Thunder Wave. Wish is to back up Gardevoir is getting desparate and needs to recover faster than Leftovers can do. Psychic for STAB as Gallade can then counter any Dark type that gets in Gardevoir's way with Close Combat.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Hope I helped