PDA

View Full Version : Umm..I want to start over. ^^'

IslandLuvsYorkies
08-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Alright, so in pokemon diamond, my team fails. (No I am not interested in battling online.)

I'm not sure if I understand EVing either..
Hatch an egg (I understand this)
Pump it full of drugs...err...vitamins.
Fight a specific pokemon to get the sweeper's attack up.

I'm not sure what pokemon to pick, what moves, etc. :redface:
So..can anyone help a pokemon ruby fanatic get into pokemon diamond?

Also, I'm very sorry if this is in the wrong area, but since I saw the "rate mah teams!11!" here, I figured it would go here.

Domyras
09-11-2008, 06:05 PM
:)
i hate it when ppl tell you what team to take so i always leave that choice to the player himself.
i have only one REAL advice
go to http://www.pokemon.com/Pokedex/flash.asp
it is the official pkmn Pokedex with the OFFICIAL base stats.
i would recomand Dragon Types and Steel trypes in combo with some others :) but i just love Dragon types so rofl that is subjective.
you could use the Elemental Type guides from Bulpedia to ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Type )
i spend almost 20 hours studying those websites before i came up with a list of 10 pokemon worthy of my "OFFG?! U ROCK!!!!" :oops:
so good luck.
if u EVER need a Dragon type just let me know :D
PM me and il trade u one.

Viva la Gofre
09-11-2008, 06:16 PM
:)
i hate it when ppl tell you what team to take so i always leave that choice to the player himself.
i have only one REAL advice
go to http://www.pokemon.com/Pokedex/flash.asp
it is the official pkmn Pokedex with the OFFICIAL base stats.
i would recomand Dragon Types and Steel trypes in combo with some others :) but i just love Dragon types so rofl that is subjective.
you could use the Elemental Type guides from Bulpedia to ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Type )
i spend almost 20 hours studying those websites before i came up with a list of 10 pokemon worthy of my "OFFG?! U ROCK!!!!" :oops:
so good luck.
if u EVER need a Dragon type just let me know :D
PM me and il trade u one.
Ignore him, he's just going round blindly posting links to non-competetive sites in a competetive form :| Please do not pick pokes based on type, but pick them based on function. You seem to know what sweepers are, so I'll presume you know about walls, spinners ect. Remember that balance is the key to a good team.

Anyway, this thread here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123757) gives detailed explainations of EV training, team and moveset composition and so forth.

Domyras
09-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Ignore him, he's just going round blindly posting links to non-competetive sites in a competetive form :| Please do not pick pokes based on type, but pick them based on function. You seem to know what sweepers are, so I'll presume you know about walls, spinners ect. Remember that balance is the key to a good team.

Anyway, this thread here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123757) gives detailed explainations of EV training, team and moveset composition and so forth.

I am just giving him advices from wich i use.
and if you wish to indult me do that in my face.
a good team is not only functions ect but ALSO type.
and those links are to the best info sites there are.
so he can get his own info.
not saying you aren't right 'bout that guide and functions but you should also keep a good type ballance.
for instance you do not take an entire team with Water types bcuz the functions and stats r good.
I always prepare for every possible type. :)
it is inpossible to have a counter for everything, thats what makes battling interesting.

so :)
just try to keep both Functions and Type's in mind.

(and i am not blindly posting, if you just followed the links you would know that those sites are to help him. do not say annything unless it's true or you know it's true. do not post annything unless you know what you are saying!)

Viva la Gofre
09-11-2008, 07:58 PM
I am just giving him advices from wich i use.
and if you wish to indult me do that in my face.
a good team is not only functions ect but ALSO type.
and those links are to the best info sites there are.
so he can get his own info.
not saying you aren't right 'bout that guide and functions but you should also keep a good type ballance.
for instance you do not take an entire team with Water types bcuz the functions and stats r good.
I always prepare for every possible type. :)
it is inpossible to have a counter for everything, thats what makes battling interesting.

so :)
just try to keep both Functions and Type's in mind.
Reas my sig, it is not my intent to insult but if that's how it came across to you then it's not my problem. But if you deem how I talk as an insult and you wish for my "insults" to be aimed 'at your face', then I aim this next passage directly at you.

A) Your links are pointless. Getting him to see a pokemon's stats and types is in no way helpful. First of all, a pokemon's stats are not a representation of how good they are- Take bastiodon for example. I saw his immense defenses for the first time- Both outclassing the OU force of dusknoir- and thought "Oh wow" to myself. However after playing a few games I learnt how bastiodon was abysmal and how his stats were misleading. If you think those links are the best available, you are severly deluded. Smogon, serebii, heck even psypokes offer extremely detailed competetive advice, of which pokemon.com and bulbapedia do not.

B) Teams are built around function, type just follws it around and helps out. A team is first composed of all the necersarry elements, then it is drafted using available options, then it is analysed to see whether you are particularly weak against or to a type. You do not pick a poke for its typing alone, ever. You may need a water type to reduce your weakness to mixape, for example, but it must be a Bulky Water- just any old fish will not do. Likewise, you do not think about using a ****** type sweeper, but the best sweeper available to your team. If that sweeper is in fact the type you were after, then good for you.

I have demonstrated several types that I know what I am saying, so I have no need to prove that to you.