PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4; an Xbox 720 launch title?

Clutch
08-28-2008, 09:54 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/902/902774p1.html

I'd trust Gearbox if they're developing it. :o

Discuss.

Charbok
08-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Meh. I can't say that I'm jumping for joy.
I wish developers could just stop milking people for all they've got. Halo 3 was supposed to be the end of the series, and it almost makes me mad that Microsoft is doing another one. At least Bungie didn't get talked into it.

karmachameleon
08-28-2008, 11:27 PM
It's weird to think that there's already a new Xbox being planned out. I figured the new systems would last at least 7-8 years before upgrades. It must have something to do with 360 reliability issues.

George Jefferson
08-29-2008, 02:49 AM
I only have one thing to say for Microsoft:

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/868/868095/river-city-ransom-virtual-console-20080421071006767_640w.jpg

Hoshika
08-29-2008, 02:55 AM
Xbox 720 is such a stupid name.

Shadow Eevee
08-29-2008, 02:57 AM
This kinda makes me mad to see that the Next Gen consoles already are getting replaced, seeing I got my Wii a month or so back. And as for Halo 4, you played one shooter game, you've played 'em all. :x

I also agree with Hoshika.

George Jefferson
08-29-2008, 02:59 AM
Xbox 720 is such a stupid name.

QFT.

Though, I would've pick The Xbox Encounter.

Dr Scott
08-29-2008, 03:01 AM
If we're talking about stupid console names ...

The "Wii" ? XD.

If they can do it well I'm all for it, Halo is a fun multiplayer game that I can play with my girlfriend ^_^.

George Jefferson
08-29-2008, 03:09 AM
If we're talking about stupid console names ...

The "Wii" ? XD.

If they can do it well I'm all for it, Halo is a fun multiplayer game that I can play with my girlfriend ^_^.

id hit it

But in all seriousness...

Please talk about your gaming girlfriend some more.

Lord Fedora
08-29-2008, 03:22 AM
Considering how, um, (Spoiler Alert for anyone who hasn't played Halo 3 and intends to. All three of you) Master Chief died at the end of Halo 3, unless they pull out a Master Chief origin story, it's not gonna happen. Don't even try to tell me. I'm guessing this is some sort of hoax or something. And they wouldn't do XBox 720, not gonna happen. Wii owners, don't worry, you forget that the 360 had a few years on the other two. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they made a new Xbox soon, considering how short the time between the first one and the 360 was.

Orthar
08-30-2008, 02:09 AM
It's weird to think that there's already a new Xbox being planned out. I figured the new systems would last at least 7-8 years before upgrades. It must have something to do with 360 reliability issues.

Consoles are planned years ahead. It has nothing to do with the 360 reliability issues, they've solved most of those if you take care of your freakin' console.

Kenny_C.002
08-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Consoles are planned years ahead. It has nothing to do with the 360 reliability issues, they've solved most of those if you take care of your freakin' console.
Granted, an estimated 16% failure rate due to no fault of the consumer is still way too high.

The thing about that is that most of the issues has been solved only fairly recently, which is too slow for Microsoft. The irony is that it's the same with Vista...been out for a year or so, and still a broken piece of OS.

Orthar
08-31-2008, 12:24 AM
Granted, an estimated 16% failure rate due to no fault of the consumer is still way too high.

The thing about that is that most of the issues has been solved only fairly recently, which is too slow for Microsoft. The irony is that it's the same with Vista...been out for a year or so, and still a broken piece of OS.

16% a couple of years ago. The Falcon Chip has almost gotten rid of the RROD completely, if your console was purchased after September of last year you have no excuse. Despite the 360's failure rate, it sells very well and is still going strong likely because of it's library of games, 1 year automatic warranty, and 3 year RROD warranty.

Vengeance
08-31-2008, 12:45 AM
Xbox 720. Pfft. What next? Xbox 1080?

Dr Scott
08-31-2008, 12:55 AM
I doubt they'll keep it the '720.' The Wii was slated to be the Nintendo Revolution for a while, if memory suffices.

They'll find something more catchy, I'm sure.

Orthar
08-31-2008, 12:59 AM
Xbox 720. Pfft. What next? Xbox 1080?

Wii 2. Pfft. What's next? Male genitalia?

Lord Fedora
08-31-2008, 01:36 AM
I doubt they'll keep it the '720.' The Wii was slated to be the Nintendo Revolution for a while, if memory suffices.

They'll find something more catchy, I'm sure.
I still wonder why they changed that name. I mean, yes, Wii opens up for a lot of puns (most of which are bad) but Nintendo Revolution just sounds so much cooler. I bet it had something to do with their decision to go more mainstream. I'll bet when they get over the mainstream game fad (if the universe loves us real gamers they will) then the following Nintendo console will be the Revolution.

I do agree though, Xbox 720, epic fail.

SuperBoy
08-31-2008, 01:42 AM
I still wonder why they changed that name. I mean, yes, Wii opens up for a lot of puns (most of which are bad) but Nintendo Revolution just sounds so much cooler. I bet it had something to do with their decision to go more mainstream. I'll bet when they get over the mainstream game fad (if the universe loves us real gamers they will) then the following Nintendo console will be the Revolution.

I do agree though, Xbox 720, epic fail.

Yeah, Revolution did sound pretty awesome, but I like the idea behind Wii. The idea behind Revolution was due to the innovative, revolutionizing Wii Remote, along with motion-sensing. However, Wii is for united. WE play all together, or WE have fun together. It was made like that because Nintendo is really uniting male gamers, female gamers, senior games, veteran gamers, casual gamers, and hardcore gamers. They're accomplishing their mission.

So yeah, Wii was the perfect name. Also, I agree with Scott. They'll probably come up with a better name. It's probably it's constructing title, but then again, Playstation continued in chronological order...

So, who knows?:oops:

Kenny_C.002
08-31-2008, 04:28 PM
16% a couple of years ago. The Falcon Chip has almost gotten rid of the RROD completely, if your console was purchased after September of last year you have no excuse. Despite the 360's failure rate, it sells very well and is still going strong likely because of it's library of games, 1 year automatic warranty, and 3 year RROD warranty.

What I said was that this is solved only recently (truth), so I don't even have any idea as to why you even bothered to reply to my post, as you just went on a tangent that had nothing to do with my post at all.

Grassy_Aggron
09-01-2008, 05:43 AM
Halo 4? SWEET. I was so depressed at the ending for Halo 3, but even more so was that the game seemed so short. I miss the Arbitar sections...Going invisible and smacking people in the head was fun XD

Still, I have bad luck with games. Both the Xbox, 360, and Wii have frozen up on me, the latter seems to be dying...Ah well, at least I still have my eight year old beat-up-as-crud Gamecube ;D

Still, I'd prefer it if Bungie was working on Halo 4...

Azure
09-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Wii 2. Pfft. What's next? Male genitalia?
Fanboy....

It's too soon. Too soon.

It's only been out for around three years and they're replacing it already? And they couldn't even find a better name....

Microsoft have finally and epicly failed.

karmachameleon
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Consoles are planned years ahead.

I know that, I just didn't think it would be this soon, considering the how good the graphics are this generation of gaming.

I do think that eventually when the next Microsoft console comes out, there will be another Halo- it's too much money to pass up for Bungie.

KOR
09-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Just letting people know that this IS a rumor. I don't think the Xbox 720 is going to get announced for another year if there even IS a Xbox 720.

Also, I like my Halo from Bungie. I'm sure that Bungie will have some input so that Gearbox doesn't screw up the whole game. Gearbox is a good develop though, I just don't trust anyone with Halo since Bungie made it what it is today.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
09-01-2008, 04:46 PM
There was a rumor like last year that The Elder Scrolls Online would launch with the next Xbox...

Lord Fedora
09-01-2008, 05:15 PM
There was a rumor like last year that The Elder Scrolls Online would launch with the next Xbox...
That would be interesting. Granted, I'd prefer it on PC, but still...

Nirvash
09-02-2008, 03:37 AM
There doesn't need to be another xbox anytime soon. I still have my 360 Elite, 1 controller, Halo 3 but no COD4, and with no Live. Basically, that would be a sucker punch to the gonads for me.

Dark Lightning
09-02-2008, 03:42 PM
I'd be very surprised if this is true. The Xbox 360 is still pretty recent.

Stormdancer94
09-05-2008, 06:51 AM
Okay, 360 is kinda sensible for an XBox, pretty much implies that it'll be a full turnaround from the original XBOX. Simple? 720? It's not double 360 or anything, just pick a random number and go with it Windows.

Eh, I doubt they'll keep it if it's real, because Vista's Beta name was Longhorn, so... :/ Let's hope the name gets better?

Urgh. I played Halo 1 and 2. 2 was fun, 1 was... Fun too. couldn't be bothered playing 3, it's becoming a little bit like Shrek or something, it just goes on and on and on and on... Etc.

The only reason I would even consider buying a 360 is because of the Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts game. THat's about it. My Dad has an Xbox, it's ok. But why release the 360 so soon?

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-06-2008, 06:23 AM
For the record, Halo 3 finished the fight with the flood. They never said it was the end of the series.

I never had any doubts about a new Halo going to the next gen. It just wouldn't feel right without it.

George Jefferson
09-06-2008, 06:48 AM
There doesn't need to be another xbox anytime soon. I still have my 360 Elite, 1 controller, Halo 3 but no COD4, and with no Live. Basically, that would be a sucker punch to the gonads for me.

You're very bull headed.

You fail to see: Gears of War, Oblivion, Lost Odyssey, Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Mass Effect, Soul Calibur IV, Rock Band (If you have this for the Wii or PS2/3, then omit this game), Guitar Hero II (I refuse III to be an actual title).

I'm sure there are countless others.

Nirvash
09-11-2008, 08:33 PM
You're very bull headed.

You fail to see: Gears of War, Oblivion, Lost Odyssey, Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Mass Effect, Soul Calibur IV, Rock Band (If you have this for the Wii or PS2/3, then omit this game), Guitar Hero II (I refuse III to be an actual title).

I'm sure there are countless others.
ON THE CONTRARY. I have played all of those, and beaten them. My friend is an xbox 360 addict, and has played, beaten, and lent me all of them. I DO have Rockband for the 360 as well, and I am currently borrowing Ninja Gaiden 2 from my friend. I don't need to buy them right now, and I get a new video game once but every 4 - 5 months so I'm saving for Gears of War 2. Bull headed? Probably, but don't think I've forgotten all of those, sir.

Although... Never really played Ninja Gaiden 1. x.x

Edit: I have not borrowed Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, or Soul Calibur IV yet. But I've played them at his house. :P

Legal Reaper
09-12-2008, 05:33 PM
I don't believe anything, until the a few days before it comes out and it's there, hardcore evidence.

Halo 4, meh not too excited. Halo was great, Halo 2 was alright, but Halo 3 was just too far. Perhaps they need to take another role from a different character. As with the new RTS that's coming out, it's just another shot at trying to make money. I don't think it will do as well as the FPS's, but who knows.

Xbox 720? I believe they'll come out with a better name...therefore I'm not even going to get started on it. It still has a few years left to go. I've only had mine for a little over a year and the games don't look like they'll stop coming. I'm highly anticipating some more FPS's though.

-LR

PokeGamer
09-16-2008, 11:39 PM
already An The Next XBOX Launch Title

George Jefferson
09-18-2008, 07:31 PM
already An The Next XBOX Launch Title

Can I report 'it'? Please?

This is ******* killing me.

sceptile 100
11-17-2008, 06:13 PM
ok i know soon Halo 3 Recon is comming out (made by bungie). but halo 4 is hard to make a story (yet some how easy) and it isnt by bungie besides 720 if happening wont be soon