PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Analysis: Rules & Regulations

Fierce Deity
08-30-2008, 05:47 AM
Along with a large community, there's bound to be many young and creative members. Here is but a mere FAQ of Pokemon Analysis.

FAQ:
1) What is Pokemon Analysis?
: Well, Pokemon Analysis is when you choose, examine, and put together a set such as ones you see on Smogon. After displaying your EV Spread*, IVs, Nature*, Ability*, Title Name*, and moveset*.
* = Is needed.

2) Where should I post this so called "Analysis"?
: Easy; Just post it in the "Pokémon Analysis: Original Sets" thread that I will soon create and have your fellow members view your sets. Maybe you'll teach others a thing or two.

3) What if I have created an Analysis of a Pokemon and one has been created previously of that same Pokemon?
: Sorry to say this, but your post will have to get deleted/removed.

Rules:
1) You must start off with one of Smogon's standard sets of the Pokémon. Give some comments on it and then you can get on with your own sets.

2) You must have two-three sets listed in your post. The first set, which is Smogon's set, doesn't count.

3) You must supply some visual aids [pictures] in your post.

*Post sets in this thread: Pokémon Analysis: Original Sets (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88389)

You may post any feedback and such for now. Questions and/or comments are always welcome.

Credit goes out to Team Uber and PokéBeach for this idea.

Led Zeppelin
08-30-2008, 05:59 AM
What the hell do you mean?

Fierce Deity
08-30-2008, 06:02 AM
Holy crap. -_-

Post a creative set that you have made up on your own of any Pokémon. Add its EVs, Nature(s), etc. Give an "Opinion", "EVs", and "Counters" to the bottom of the set/post... Not so hard to do.

Fire Away
08-30-2008, 11:19 AM
To me, this kind of project for this community seems somewhat futile since we'll always be behind Smogon. They've got a bigger and more informed competitive community in general.

That said, I'll probably try to throw something in here when I get the chance to open Shoddy.

Cucumber
08-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Fire Away is correct but why not give this a shot eh?

Well I have seen no set's for it before and it has confused the hell out of others so yea....

This is my physical Heatran

Heatran@Choice Band
Adamant/Lonely nature
Evs:252 Attack/252 Speed/4 Hp
Ivs:25+/31/10+/31/10+/31
Flash Fire Ability
-Fire Fang/Fire Blast
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake/Iron Head.

I just noticed about a week ago Heatrans Physicall sweeping aspect. With the 252 Attack and a posotive nature Heatran has 306 Attack and with a Choice band that goes up to about 459. Heatran can't get W-O-W by Dusknior or Weezing and can fire blast weezing to leave a nice dent in him. Crunch OHKO's Gengar and Crunch usually 2HKO's Dusknoir.

Choose yout nature depending on if you want Fire Blast or not. I have seen like no Skarms around so it isn't needed really unless you want.

Iv's:
You really want to AIM for 25+ Hp because Heatrans nice HP can help with a sweep and to support him later on. Defenses are not needed really Attack and Speed always want max and Special Attack depends on fire blast or not again.

Moveset.
All the ones are the only physicall moves I saw that would work well on Heatran. You might want to keep earthquake over Iron head for the other Heatran you outrun :D

Evs:
The EV spread is standard as hell but allows you to outrun specs tran and kill them with EARTHQUAKE.

Item:
You can use life orb if wanted but I think Choice band would work way better because of the 459 Attack Stat.

Well there is my set :P

Cucumber
08-30-2008, 08:37 PM
You putting that Heatran set up or no Alonzo? :P

Fierce Deity
08-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Nah, you'll have to do that. :P Be sure to supply a pic and organization in that thread I created recently.