PDA

View Full Version : Improving Yugioh

Zuzuzu
06-10-2005, 01:51 AM
Here is a conversiation my sister, Min, and I had about Yugioh:

Min: Why are we watching this again?
Me: Because its the only quality TV in the mornings
Min: News anyone? We can laugh at peoples misfortune!
Me: I hope you are kidding.
Min: Nevermind. But anyway, I how could Yugioh improve?
Me: What if they were real monsters?
Min: Thats your first good idea in forever.
Me: HEY!
Min: Just saying. But real monsters would be nice. What If it was more like Pokemon?
Me: Huh?
Min: You know, you caught monsters in cards and battled them...
Me: That isn't a bad idea
Min: And they still need a deck...
Me: Random monster power up super spectacular!!!
Min: Ummm yes?
Me: I mean, like having turn based combat with a team and drawing powerups from a deck?
Min: I dont get it.

What do you think of this?

Zuzuzu
06-10-2005, 04:44 AM
hey its min i want to put up another chat between me and chris my friend:

chris
hey min this movie is boring.
min
its the yugioh movie what do you expect?
chris
you have a point, why go you have it anyway?
min
birthday prezzie i didnt want
chris
how can holograms do that
min
i know its weird

what do you think?

Alakazam
06-10-2005, 11:01 AM
How to improve the Yu-gi-oh animé?

-revoke 4Kids Entertainment's liscence to dub it (because they suck)
-redo the dub with the original script and soundtrack.

Even with just those few things above, it would make the English version far better.

PokemonElite2000
06-10-2005, 06:39 PM

Even with just those few things above, it would make the English version far better.
Amen. I never got into the YGO series, maybe because of the dub, lol. I mean, come on, with that kind of dub, it's hard to take it seriously.

They can't possibly do worse by redoing the dub, it's impossible... lol, I hope not, it would be very difficult to do worse than it already is.

jynx
06-11-2005, 05:37 PM

yup, this is very true.

Done this, we're in paradise.

Neo Emolga
06-11-2005, 07:55 PM
I think this explains a lot. (http://uploads.ungrounded.net/content.php?id=243513&name=243513_YugiohPART_.swf&title=Yugayoh%3A%20The%20Movie%20Part%201&date=1118462400&quality=b&li=1&uj=0&w=550&h=400)

And yeah, I think a lot of good, quality anime could have been saved if 4Kids didn't get their hands on it. I highly doubt this is the way the original creators wanted it be.

Hypocrisy is Fun
06-12-2005, 06:31 AM

So much truth in so little words...how do u do it? :eh:

And uh Neo...I dont want to take sides with this noncese but you have to admit it was SOMEWHAT funny

Alakazam
06-12-2005, 07:17 PM
So much truth in so little words...how do u do it? :eh:

lol *shrugs*

Here's an amusing an ironic thing pertaining to the Yu-gi-oh dub: 4Kids finally decided last year to start releasing YGO DVDs with the original Japanese version subtitled in English, plus, they completely redid the dub on these DVDs. I've seen all of the episodes of the new dub that are out so far (there are 9 of them), and I must say that they kick ass. I know what you must be thinking: "4Kids did a good dub? I don't believe you." But honestly, its really good. They used the original script and they kept in the original soundtrack. Now here's the ironic part: due to poor sales, 4Kids will most likely NOT continue working on this new dub OR continue releasing the new DVDs. Go figure...

jynx
06-12-2005, 07:20 PM
lol *shrugs*

Here's an amusing an ironic thing pertaining to the Yu-gi-oh dub: 4Kids finally decided last year to start releasing YGO DVDs with the original Japanese version subtitled in English, plus, they completely redid the dub on these DVDs. I've seen all of the episodes of the new dub that are out so far (there are 9 of them), and I must say that they kick ass. I know what you must be thinking: "4Kids did a good dub? I don't believe you." But honestly, its really good. They used the original script and they kept in the original soundtrack. Now here's the ironic part: due to poor sales, 4Kids will most likely NOT continue working on this new dub OR continue releasing the new DVDs. Go figure...
Bomb 4kids's main office.

If people are brave enough...

Charmander #4
06-12-2005, 08:21 PM
I know how you can improve it.................CANCEL IT.

Kenny_C.002
06-13-2005, 03:41 AM
Ironically the only other solution to this problem is indeed to cancel it. However, knowing 4 Kids for so long, I just hope they go bankrupt...

Jet
06-13-2005, 05:41 AM
yes... 4kids is seriously causing quite a ruckus among mature audiences...

lol, a spoof comic about 4kids and their way of editing hahaha

(WARNING: CONTAINS BLOOD AND GORE... I mean organs being torn apart, body parts being cut... be advised)

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/050418.jpg

Kenny_C.002
06-14-2005, 04:00 AM
So true, Jet. Gotta love dissing up 4 Kids like no tomorrow! :)