PDA

View Full Version : The URPG National Park is opening it's doors!

bronislav84
09-01-2008, 03:35 AM
The URPG National Park: Putting the "RP" back in URPG!

After about four years, it's finally posted up! Harry got on my back about posting it, and we decided to post it in the Tourneys section, since it's hardly used. It's permanent home will be it's own section, whenever Ryan decides to make it, but in the meantime, it will be in the Tourneys section.

And to celebrate, everything is HALF OFF! That's right, we're having a Sale! For the month of September (Eastern Timezone), everything is half price!

Some people who helped have since quit the forum, but if they ever come back, they are entitled to Prizes. I know who they are, and when they come back, they are entitled to 1 (One) free Park Masterball. That of course includes me. :tongue: These will also be given out as event prizes, too. In case you're wondering, these don't work on most Final Forms (Those in the Special category), or Legendaries, so they're not completely universal like real ones. Don't spend it all in one place, guys.

Just a note, the Park is still a work in progress, and not everything is worked out, so don't get on my back if nobody knows how to handle a certain situation. Not everything is perfect, and there's still kinks to work out.

Oh yea, and one last thing. If you don't know how to write, don't bother with this. You have been warned. :rolleyes:

Go to the Tourneys Board (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56) NOW to check it all out! And don't forget to read the dang Rules (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88465)!

:cool:

*waits for the spam replies*

HKim
09-01-2008, 03:37 AM
As discussed with Jack, Moderators, and myself (both now and years ago), Bron is now an official of the URPG. Thanks to his dedication and work, we now have a new way to capture pokemon and a new way to have fun.

Congratulations Bron!

Let's go roleplay!

Trainer17
09-01-2008, 03:40 AM
I'd rather Role-Play than to write a story.
Anyways, nice work with all these Bron. Thanks for your contribution to the URPG.
I'm certain this could do wonders.

Fire Away
09-01-2008, 03:40 AM
I already explained my excitement for this to Bron on AIM, but I'll just say I'm really excited for this to (finally) be open.

For lazy people like me who can't get around to finishing their stories, this is a dream come true.

poke123
09-01-2008, 03:48 AM
Alright so I don't get what exactly the National Park is. Could someone explain it to me?

Trainer17
09-01-2008, 03:52 AM
Alright so I don't get what exactly the National Park is. Could someone explain it to me?

Go here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56), and read up all the Sticky threads[National Park]

Phantom Kat
09-01-2008, 03:55 AM
I've been waiting for this. :D Nice job, Bron, and everybody else who has worked on it, I'm sure this will be fun.

Finally, I can role play without worrying that I'll fall behind or something. :tongue:

- Kat

GreenRampage
09-01-2008, 04:00 AM
I just read through it all and I'm like pissing my pants

Does it open tomorrow as in September? or can we start sign up now?

Bryce
09-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Meh. I'm not too thrilled about it. -Is curbstomped by dozens of URPG-ers-

It just seems really un-URPG-ish to me. And yes, I realize that "Role-Playing Game" is in its title, but that's just my opinion.

Nice work setting it up; I just dislike the entire concept.

The Jr Trainer
09-01-2008, 04:09 AM
I guess this is cool? I have to say I think I'm sharing the same feelings about this with Bryce.

I think it's unfair that the staff and vets that just come back out of no where get free Master Balls though. :|

bronislav84
09-01-2008, 04:19 AM
A general thanks to everybody, Harry of course, too, for the promotion.

This finally puts the RP back in URPG, for all those wondering.

And I don't deserve all the credit, others helped.

Y'all should be thanking Teresa AKA Moltrecuno (Joined under Zaptres on the transition PE2K board once), Magare, Mike, Kenny, Zan Seberfang (Compiled a chunk of the Locations), and probably a couple of other people I forgot, too.

poke123
09-01-2008, 04:23 AM
I guess this is cool? I have to say I think I'm sharing the same feelings about this with Bryce.

I think it's unfair that the staff and vets that just come back out of no where get free Master Balls though. :|

I agree with this. Why should staff and vets get free master balls?

bronislav84
09-01-2008, 04:25 AM
Because they run the place, and the Park wouldn't exist without them, so it's a form of Thanks.

And don't worry guys, there will be events for a chance to win Park Masterballs, so really, don't fuss over them so much.

Note: Made some edits to my opener and the other post above.

Trainer17
09-01-2008, 04:25 AM
I agree with this. Why should staff and vets get free master balls?

Meh, Chances are chances. I'll just stay put and see.

Edit : We're not worried, just disappointed that they get free ball
when they didn't help much.

The Jr Trainer
09-01-2008, 04:33 AM
Yes, the staff may be important. But without members it would not be able to be ran. I'd say members are just as important as the peopl running it. But whatever, I don't have any say in it since I'm not a vet or anyone that has respect.

bronislav84
09-01-2008, 04:34 AM
Well they're rare. How many do you get per game? That's right, one (Not counting cloning :D), so if everybody had one it would be silly. It's meant to be rare, and having events is the only way I see of anybody being able to get one.

Go work on your characters everybody, while I work on the story. And feel free to buy stuff even before you make a character. Everybody with approval power in the Pokemart has the same power in the Park Mart, no need to be a Ranger. Only thing I ask is, keep a running record of how much the Park Mart makes in income. This is different from the Pokemart, I know.

EDIT: JT if you're the JT I'm thinking of, you might have had a hand in helping. I seriously don't remember, so it's up to Harry to decide if you get one or not.

Lord Celebi
09-01-2008, 04:38 AM
Some people who helped have since quit the forum, but if they ever come back, they are entitled to Prizes. I know who they are, and when they come back, they are entitled to 1 (One) free Park Masterball. These will also be given out as event prizes, too. In case you're wondering, these don't work on Final Forms, or Legendaries so they're not completely universal like real ones.

I believe I helped, my good sir.

HKim
09-01-2008, 04:40 AM
I think ultimately what Bron is trying to say is that only people who helped plan the Park will get a Master Ball. Not the entire URPG staff.

For instance, I did not help plan the Park so I do not receive a Master Ball.

Trainer17
09-01-2008, 04:42 AM
Jr has a good point. Members are the ones important around the URPG.

Who will you approve or such if there's no one buying anything or taking part in any events in the URPG? Yourself?
@ Harry : Thanks for clearing my doubts.

Maleficent
09-01-2008, 04:42 AM
Way to be negative, Jr.

I'm going to go check it out, and thnaks for all your hard work, Broni.

bronislav84
09-01-2008, 04:43 AM
I believe I helped, my good sir.Confirmed, yes, you did help Mr. Brown and Corroded Metal. :cool:

If you have any doubts if you helped, feel free to ask, but don't go asking for no apparent reason or it's just pointless spam.

EDIT: Trainer come on, seriously, are you gonna continue this? I really think they should get it, but if you're gonna insist on it, I'm just going to pass this to Harry, and you'll have to abide by what he says, ok?

HKim
09-01-2008, 04:48 AM
Okay guys, here is how it works.

As leader of the URPG, I am saying that ONLY those who directly helped with creating the Park will receive a ball. Everyone else, regardless of being a ref, moderator, official, grader, etc, does not get one.

Bron and I discussed this beforehand. It's a simple miscommunication.

The Jr Trainer
09-01-2008, 04:50 AM
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Johto Trainer.

And yes, Libra, I shall always be negative. :[ And Kim, I see now, makes more sense to me that only the people that helped form the whole park get one.

Trainer17
09-01-2008, 04:51 AM
Harry cleared out some major doubts, so I'm fine now.
Just make your statements clear Bron :goofy:

I'm sorry from my part, and nah, I won't continue^^

Lord Celebi
09-01-2008, 04:53 AM
Confirmed, yes, you did help Mr. Brown and Corroded Metal. :cool:

If you have any doubts if you helped, feel free to ask, but don't go asking for no apparent reason or it's just pointless spam.

EDIT: Trainer come on, seriously, are you gonna continue this? I really think they should get it, but if you're gonna insist on it, I'm just going to pass this to Harry, and you'll have to abide by what he says, ok?

*Eagerly takes Master Ball and hides it away in burrow*

Fire Away
09-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Hi.

I know it's really, really early to be considering something like this, and if all this works out it might not even be an issue, but I and a lot of other members are already having concerns about the relative rarity of certain Pokemon going down as a result of this project.

I figure a way to alleviate certain concerns with the rarity of some mons going down (if the potential problems here end up becoming a reality) is to implement a system that's somewhat closer to the original Safari Zone concept that was in the games in the first place.

I'm also introducing an idea Fenix had because she'd rather not post. :P

My idea was that there would be a prearranged group of "Park" Pokemon in each of the areas Bron has setup now, with maybe 6-7 of the common Pokemon, 3-4 of the rank above that, and 1-2 of the rarest rank (the numbers can be adjusted for however many ranks there are, my memory isn't that accurate). This way, there'd still be a good number of Pokemon you can get through the park, without there being a huge influx of Milotic or Porygon-Z.

Adding onto this, there could also be certain "seasonal" Pokemon that would become available for a short period of time every few months. These could change yearly, and we could even try working in a poll for a certain Pokemon to be introduced to the park.

Fenix had a similar idea that certain habitats could change their availability at certain times in the year, IE: the mountains have experience a series of avalanches and are unsafe at this time, please come back in [x days/week/centuries].

bronislav84
09-01-2008, 06:15 AM
Don't worry Fire, there isn't going to be an overpopulation, so there's no need to do any of that, or limit what appears where.

That may change however, but so far the way to deal with keeping "hard" Pokemon hard is to make people pay for maps to them, then go through an incredibly challenging fight for them, which most people would probably not be able to do. It requires serious writing skill, and I do mean serious.

This is all a work in progress with bugs to squish, but it will all work out eventually, don't worry.

The point here is to make it so every Poke is in this, but also keep them rare in such a way that we don't see what you're worried about.

DaRkUmBrEoN
09-01-2008, 06:29 AM
I didn't help :] If I did, I'd probably lottery the ball off. :P

Oh, and Bron, Jr is not the old JT.

-]DU[-

bronislav84
09-01-2008, 06:36 AM
He's not? Poo. I was so close to asking when he came back.

Lol at lottery the ball off. I really don't care what those who get one do with it, it's theirs now. Probably should make the ball bind to the owner though. What do you guys think? Ala WoW, make it Bind on Pickup.

DaRkUmBrEoN
09-01-2008, 06:51 AM
He's not? Poo. I was so close to asking when he came back.

Lol at lottery the ball off. I really don't care what those who get one do with it, it's theirs now. Probably should make the ball bind to the owner though. What do you guys think? Ala WoW, make it Bind on Pickup.
Ooh ooh... I helped.. ball plx.

Anyway, binding really isn't necessary.
Only times a non-mod can do something with it is when a give-away is organized, and the next one is when Fall starts.

So yea, binding really isn't necessary.

-]DU[-

bronislav84
09-01-2008, 07:02 AM
O.o you should get a ball cause you helped with deciding the balls? If this is an attempt at a joke, its hard to pick up on. Maybe you want the member (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/member.php?u=2450) instead? I can be funny too. But seriously, I'm not sure that counts as having helped.

By the way, the sale has started! Two hours into Eastern time already. Everybody go stock up on essentials. Buy buy! ^_^

Those who are Pokemart cashiers are allowed to do Park Mart purchases, too, and according to Harry I'm allowed to do Pokemart stuff too. Only thing I ask is please keep a running tally of the Park Mart's intake, for record keeping purposes.

Stinky
09-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Wow, Bron, this looks really fun. ^_^ You can bet I'll be using this. ;D

-PK
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM

It just seems really un-URPG-ish to me. And yes, I realize that "Role-Playing Game" is in its title, but that's just my opinion.

I agree with this, honestly. It just seems like more work to do than a story, imo.

It does look fun though. D:

Dark Lightning
09-01-2008, 04:06 PM

I agree with sexy Psyduck.
I'm not too excited about this...I think the URPG is as good as it is. I think this will be more confusing...
EDIT: The rules are really confusing.

Caecity
09-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Something to keep me in ontheinternetlongersoIcanwastemorebraincells URPG. :3

Thanks all that helped with this.

BTW, just don't do it, if it may be confusing, or ask for, erm, an easy explanation.

bronislav84
09-01-2008, 07:44 PM
I agree with this, honestly. It just seems like more work to do than a story, imo.

It does look fun though. D:I agree with sexy Psyduck.
I'm not too excited about this...I think the URPG is as good as it is. I think this will be more confusing...
EDIT: The rules are really confusing.You two and Bryce need to just try it once. If you're a story/fanfic writer, this should be cake for you, seriously. Of course, if you don't frequent the RP board, then it might be a little hard to get into. Like I said, if you're not a writer, this will not affect you and you can go on with your URPG lives like there's nothing new. >.<

I think the URPG seriously needed this. It's not a Roleplaying Game if there's no actual Roleplaying involved, amirite?

Emp the easiest way to learn is to try it once. There is no easy explanation. If there was, then there wouldn't be eight threads.

Magare
09-01-2008, 09:31 PM
*gasp*

Park finished?

*looks left*

*looks right*

*takes his ball and runs away laughing hysterically*

Dark Lightning
09-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I have written for the URPG and I know Bryce has. I'll just attempt to read the rules again.
Perhaps you're right, maybe we did need this.

-Pichu Boy-
09-02-2008, 10:48 AM
It's not a Roleplaying Game if there's no actual Roleplaying involved, amirite?

The URPG is a role-play because it's not real life. You're using your imagination to create a world around you...

Ok, that was just the worst explanation ever, so I'm letting Wikipedia take over.

In roleplaying, participants adopt and act out the role of characters, or parts, that may have personalities, motivations, and backgrounds different from their own. Roleplaying, also known as RP to some, is like being in an improvisational drama or free-form theater, in which the participants are the actors who are playing parts, and the audience.

People use the phrase "role-playing" in at least three distinct ways:

to refer to the playing of roles generally such as in a theater, or educational setting;
to refer to a wide range of games including computer role-playing games, play-by-mail games and more;
or to refer specifically to role-playing games.

So, just by applying for a starter, you're role-playing. You don't need to 'put the RP back in URPG', because it's already there.

Ok, now I've got that across, time to say my opionions on this.

I haven't read the stickies, partly because I don't have the attention span to. But from what I see, it's basically writing with two people... and each person has no idea what the other will put.

Interesting, but I think it's still too-alike stories. Maybe, yes, the stickies would explain how it's different, but I haven't read them yet, and intend to sometime, so I can get the jist of all this. :)

My two cents pennies.

bronislav84
09-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Except it's not just two people. It's people in pairs, but all in the same thread. Don't worry it will all work out.

flareon008
09-05-2008, 02:26 AM
I'm rather surprised to see this. You've tried for so long with me bronislav to get this up. :razz: I have to say, after reading the rules it sounds neat. Hope it works for the best.

bronislav84
09-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Wow flare ain't dead. Wewt.

And please, call me Bron. Everybody else does.

I don't remember how much I actually had converted and explainable when I actually brought up the idea to you, it was so long ago.

Draconic_Espeon
09-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Awesome, Bron! You have no idea how happy I am that this is up. And how happy I am that I haven't spent all that money I got through grading yet. ;D

Woohoo, time to go read the rules and figure out exactly what I'm doing. ^^

most duded
05-08-2011, 07:23 PM
wut exactly is this:eek::eek: