PDA

View Full Version : DBZ's Vegeta Breaks Down (previously called 'Poor Piccolo')

SBaby
09-04-2008, 03:06 AM
Can you really blame him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AbfzYRAXdI

Sixto
09-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Normally, I would close this thread. But wow! He's not even green! WTF?! I seriously hope this isn't a flop!

Hoshika
09-04-2008, 03:18 AM
That is just wrong. How can Piccolo not be green? Even using a simple Flash effect can make him green, but... it's like the Dragon Balls became bagels.

Lord Fedora
09-04-2008, 03:22 AM
.................................................. Damn you live action anime craze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poring
09-04-2008, 03:23 AM
Looks kind of like an I Am Legend zombie. But that really sucks. Why couldn't they make him green? WHY?!

poke123
09-04-2008, 03:38 AM
WOW...

Why couldn't they just make him green. I mean would it be that hard to make him green? You can't have not green Piccolo.

Synester
09-04-2008, 03:45 AM
That is just wrong. How can Piccolo not be green? Even using a simple Flash effect can make him green, but... it's like the Dragon Balls became bagels.
They shouldn't even have to do that, they could just paint the man green. I had a small shred of hope for this movie...but now...fail.

Seawolf
09-04-2008, 04:06 AM
Anyone who even expects this movie to be at least halfway decent will be very disappointed. =/

Sixto
09-04-2008, 04:28 AM
Dragonball is all about muscles and badass effects. First, casting Justin as Goku. He's not a bad actor, just doesn't fit the role. They need a much bigger guy, like Jason Statham. I'm not saying he would've played a better Goku, but a guy as big as him would've done wonders. And now, Piccolo's not even green! That's like saying Bush is a good president. I don't know...

The Maple Syrup Baptist
09-04-2008, 04:41 AM
Anyone who even expects this movie to be at least halfway decent will be very disappointed. =/

I'm a big DBZ fan and after seeing Piccolo fail like that I'm expecting the worst.

I saw that earlier on a news site and I thought he was a new enemy until I read a few comments... When I saw that the guy who plays him was Spike in Buffy The Vampire Slayer I was really hopeful - just paint him green and give him Piccolo's simple outfit; he's got the face shape to pull it off. With the way they designed Piccolo, I can't tell anymore whether he's playing the role or not...

Synester
09-04-2008, 04:41 AM
Dragonball is all about muscles and badass effects. First, casting Justin as Goku. He's not a bad actor, just doesn't fit the role. They need a much bigger guy, like Jason Statham. I'm not saying he would've played a better Goku, but a guy as big as him would've done wonders. And now, Piccolo's not even green! That's like saying Bush is a good president. I don't know...I think because they are using Dragon Ball they casted someone...lets say weak looking? Still, if that were the case, they should have just casted a person like Richard Sandrak, and did that whole X amount of years later =/.

Dr Scott
09-04-2008, 05:34 AM
That's so very sad and at the same time so very, very funny.

Poor, poor Piccolo ...

EDIT: OMG, Chow Yung-Fat playing Master Roshi?

That's freakin' epic ...

Hurrah for a decent casting job (for him)! Now if only they would cast Jet Li as Vegeta, and Bruce Lee would come back to play as Goku ... or Lui Kang from Mortal Kombat XD.

Or the guy that played him in the Mortal Kombat movie :x.

Goku is so Japan's form of Superman.

But yeah, the guy they have for Goku fails really, really bad. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsy4wNYUZeo&feature=related)

-Zodeon
09-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Tbh the whole movie in my opinion looks really bad, you can't base something like this on such a non story orientated anime.

But yeah you would expect piccilo to be green ahah.

ReclusiveDemon
09-12-2008, 11:39 PM
The minute they announced the words "live action," people should have started realizing it was going to be absolute dragon BALLS.

lol dragon balls.

I slay myself with my terrible puns.

Neon_Espeon
09-22-2008, 02:07 AM
(And people say anime dubs destroy good anime series...)
I'm not even a fan of DBZ but even I find this very Insulting to his character.

I'd continue, but If you've ever seen the "Hitler's reaction to the Dragon Ball Z movie"(or whatever they're called...) videos, I think that should sum everything up.

Stubby Boardman
09-28-2008, 01:57 AM
You can't judge a movie purely on a picture like a book on it's cover. They've spent tons of time on special effects so the final outcome may make king piccolo look more green.

pseudopseudo
09-28-2008, 02:39 AM
You guys are all racist! When I see a person, I'm colorblind of their skin tone. :goofy:

Stubby Boardman
09-28-2008, 02:43 AM
You guys are all racist! When I see a person, I'm colorblind of their skin tone. :goofy:

Yeah as long as piccolo's personality is the same it shouldn't matter what he looks like.

Charbok
09-28-2008, 02:54 AM

lol.

Yeah as long as piccolo's personality is the same it shouldn't matter what he looks like.

What if they made Goku a black fat guy?

Hoshika
09-28-2008, 03:14 AM

Then there would be a huge difference... because Goku is then a big fat guy.

Stubby Boardman
09-29-2008, 09:38 PM
lol.

Would he have the same personality as Goku in the anime??? Then it would be ok, for me.

scubasteveE
09-30-2008, 12:38 AM
When I first saw that they were making a DBZ live action movie I was like "YEAH" now after seeing piccolo I'm going to throw up!
Well maybe if the movie actually turns out great i might overlook white piccolo.