PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea DS

Kenny_C.002
09-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Well in case you have been living under a rock, Disgaea is coming out on the DS this month. :3

This will be the 3rd release of the game, with probably no notable difference between this and the PSP version, except for the crazy stylus play. :3

http://disgaea.us/disds/

George Jefferson
09-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Well in case you have been living under a rock, Disgaea is coming out on the DS this month. :3

This will be the 3rd release of the game, with probably no notable difference between this and the PSP version, except for the crazy stylus play. :3

http://disgaea.us/disds/

i concur

The DS version, as far as I know, has Pleneir as a playable character, but most of the voiced cutscenes will be silenced.

sux

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-06-2008, 06:21 AM
I've always wanted to try this game, so I think I'll get this one.

George Jefferson
09-06-2008, 06:29 AM
I've always wanted to try this game, so I think I'll get this one.

If you could, try to get the PSP version if you could. (lol double)

Fire Away
09-06-2008, 06:34 AM
I already have it for the PS2 and PSP...I don't need another copy ;_;

but I'll probably end up getting it anyways :|

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-06-2008, 06:38 AM
If you could, try to get the PSP version if you could. (lol double)

I have the old PSP, and it's battery is kind of really weak and dies quick. I cant even play while it's charging, because it still runs out.

Then again, FrozenChaos has my DS right now, so I might end up doing that if I see it around Gamestop anytime soon.

Neon_Espeon
09-06-2008, 09:31 AM
I haven't really played any of the Disgaea games yet(I plan on getting the third one when It gets cheaper, though), but I'll probably end up buying both this and the PSP one, just as long as there are at least a handful or so of differences between the two versions. But either way, I'll most likely end up getting both because I'm weird like that. =p

Poltergeist
09-06-2008, 05:28 PM
This series caught my eye when I looked up what kind of games are available exclusively for the PS3 and I found the third game. Honestly I think I'd rather just get the PS2 version because it's probably cheaper and Money is tight for me. I'll also try to pick up the third for my PS3 after I get Ratchet and Clank and LBP. Anyway, what does the DS version have that the PS2 one doesn't?

George Jefferson
09-06-2008, 06:57 PM
This series caught my eye when I looked up what kind of games are available exclusively for the PS3 and I found the third game. Honestly I think I'd rather just get the PS2 version because it's probably cheaper and Money is tight for me. I'll also try to pick up the third for my PS3 after I get Ratchet and Clank and LBP. Anyway, what does the DS version have that the PS2 one doesn't?

Pretty much half the features of the PSP version that the PS2 doesn't have,.

Kenny_C.002
09-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Wait, you can play AS Plenair? That's...such a ploy for Plenair fanboys and fangirls to get it. D:

I'm one of those. ;_;

I do have to warn people that if they wish to get a disgaea game, it's very rarely going to drop in price, as there are enough niche players to snatch up all the copies quickly. Unless you're absolutely sure it'll just sit there for all eternity (like say you live in some random suburbs where people only play games like Halo and Resistance), get it relatively quickly. And that's why I don't like NIS games. X3

George Jefferson
09-07-2008, 02:04 AM
And that's why I don't like NIS games. X3

Then why report on them? >:[

Jet
09-07-2008, 03:24 AM
that's probably the only reason why people will get Disgaea DS; you can use Plenair (she starts at level 1 though lol spoiler). Practically everything else is the same... there's more lag than the ps2 version as expected, and yea, most voice-overs have been silenced. Annoyingly, the japanese version's sounds have been toned down; it's hard to hear the music/sfx even with full volume; you need a headset to hear them properly

sad thing about disgaea ds is max character limit too D: been toned down to something less than 50 if I remember, in fact maybe less than 40 D:

as epxected, sound and graphics have been toned down to match DS's capabilities, though it's a nice try.

I'm only getting it for plenair :3 though annoyingly you have to finish the game and some other stuff to do so D:

George Jefferson
09-07-2008, 03:59 AM
that's probably the only reason why people will get Disgaea DS; you can use Plenair (she starts at level 1 though lol spoiler). Practically everything else is the same... there's more lag than the ps2 version as expected, and yea, most voice-overs have been silenced. Annoyingly, the japanese version's sounds have been toned down; it's hard to hear the music/sfx even with full volume; you need a headset to hear them properly

sad thing about disgaea ds is max character limit too D: been toned down to something less than 50 if I remember, in fact maybe less than 40 D:

as epxected, sound and graphics have been toned down to match DS's capabilities, though it's a nice try.

I'm only getting it for plenair :3 though annoyingly you have to finish the game and some other stuff to do so D:

lol double post

I think it's not really worth my money, I already have the PSP version.