PDA

View Full Version : Making a Youtube video?

Dark Turtwig
09-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Hey, I am just wondering how to make a GOOD Youtube Video. I made a video of myself battling the Tower Tycoon for the second time last night with my Digital Camera, becasue I don't own a regular camcorder, and, my brother won't let me use his. So, I Was wondering. How do you make a youtube video where what is on the top DS screen is being recorded, and you are'nt just recording yourself playing you DS? I want to be able to make them like X4's Vids. Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/X4wifivids
Not like this how my little brother and I can make them. http://www.youtube.com/user/sarahandivan
I am uploading a video now, and I will post it later. It is really crappy, you can't read any text. :sad: But is there like a cable I need that hooks up to my DS, or what?

-Zodeon
09-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Get a program like Adobe after effects and put a cool intro on and a cool outro. Pick good music that everyone likes, not just your personal faves. Make sure the quality is high so people can understand whats going on.

And there you have a good video :).

Stormdancer94
09-15-2008, 10:35 AM
I know nothing about this stuff, so it's from a viewers point of view here:

Don't have screamo, heavy metal music unless it REALLY fits, because otherwise it's just bloody annoying.

In that little grey box where it lists the author and the tags, have a nice, descriptive summary about your video, personal comments, etc. etc. It is a nice read and might answer a few things that viewers might not get.

Don't have giant, stupid cutscenes where it just has a giant word. They're silly.

Don't let it drag on and on, skip the walking parts. Get to the good stuff, quickly and make it GOOD, make it last.

Put your own personal 'footprint' in there, make it your own, not just another OMG, I BEAT THIS GUY IN POKEMON, thing.

GOOD TITLE = EVERYTHING. (And good screenshot!)

Yeah... >_> If you can, try to avoid getting the reflective glare of the camera in the DS screens? :/

Sorry for the rant, but that's just what VIEWERS mainly look for I guess. Oh, and don't make giant comments that start flame wars... Comment boxes really suck sometimes...

When you've made it, I'd love to see it!

Dark Turtwig
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
I know nothing about this stuff, so it's from a viewers point of view here:

Don't have screamo, heavy metal music unless it REALLY fits, because otherwise it's just bloody annoying.

In that little grey box where it lists the author and the tags, have a nice, descriptive summary about your video, personal comments, etc. etc. It is a nice read and might answer a few things that viewers might not get.

Don't have giant, stupid cutscenes where it just has a giant word. They're silly.

Don't let it drag on and on, skip the walking parts. Get to the good stuff, quickly and make it GOOD, make it last.

Put your own personal 'footprint' in there, make it your own, not just another OMG, I BEAT THIS GUY IN POKEMON, thing.

GOOD TITLE = EVERYTHING. (And good screenshot!)

Yeah... >_> If you can, try to avoid getting the reflective glare of the camera in the DS screens? :/

Sorry for the rant, but that's just what VIEWERS mainly look for I guess. Oh, and don't make giant comments that start flame wars... Comment boxes really suck sometimes...

When you've made it, I'd love to see it!

Okay, thanks for the info. I was'nt really hoping for that, but, it will help me get subscribers. I am not going to be doing walkthroughs, mostly filming Wifi battles. I will try using my brothers mini camcorder, and see if I can get a clearer view of the text on-screen. That's my main concern.

George Jefferson
09-15-2008, 09:04 PM
inb4 emulators

Neon_Espeon
09-16-2008, 03:28 AM
A good YouTube video...? Let's see...

First you take a bunch clips from a popular anime like Naruto, then you take them Into WMM, then you jumble them all up and add a Linkin Park song to It(don't forget to add the occasional unnecessary rainbow effect, speed ups and slow downs now!), and finally you upload It. Then... PRESTO! You have made a video that will most likely get a million views within a day!

On a serious note, If you're going to record DS footage with a camera and whatnot, I'd kind of recommend doing It In a room with dim lights, It kinda' helps It not look all bright and unsee-able for me, so maybe It'll work for you. And make sure the volume's good. =p And Stormdancer94 pretty much summed up the rest.

As for something to hook your DS up to a TV or something, I don't believe there are any. The PSP yes, but not the DS. =p

Dark Turtwig
09-16-2008, 03:44 AM
Yeah, I made one a couple days ago, and it is really bad. You can't read the text at all, and that is what I am trying to avoid. Just see for yourself. Here's my channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/Mudkipboi

Neon_Espeon
09-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Hmm, perhaps you could add subtitles to for the more Important parts of dialog. As for the blurry-ness, I'm really not sure, holding the DS away from the camera and maybe zooming In a little might work a little bit, but I that may not work all that much. I'm not much of a video making person, I occasional do photography and stuff such as that, but that can only help so much In cases like these. =/

Dark Turtwig
09-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Hmm, perhaps you could add subtitles to for the more Important parts of dialog. As for the blurry-ness, I'm really not sure, holding the DS away from the camera and maybe zooming In a little might work a little bit, but I that may not work all that much. I'm not much of a video making person, I occasional do photography and stuff such as that, but that can only help so much In cases like these. =/

Ah.. I see. I think the reason the text is so blurry is becasue the light is relecting off of the camera lens, and therfore, I Can't get a clear shot. I'll see if I can zoom in at all. Thanks!

Lord Fedora
09-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Ah.. I see. I think the reason the text is so blurry is becasue the light is relecting off of the camera lens, and therfore, I Can't get a clear shot. I'll see if I can zoom in at all. Thanks!
Oh, I can offer an answer to that problem. Film it at an angle. There should be an angle where you can see everything, but the camera isn't creating a glare.

Black Label
10-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Hey, um, was that you that you could seein the reflection of the video? He loks like he is 9 years old! (No offenceif that wAS you. xD))

Dark Turtwig
10-12-2008, 02:16 AM
Hey, um, was that you that you could seein the reflection of the video? He loks like he is 9 years old! (No offenceif that wAS you. xD))

That's my brother. On the account sarahandivan? Yeah. That's my brother. Mudkipboi is my YouTube username. My brother talks WAAYY to much.

ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE
10-12-2008, 02:24 AM
fuzzy.... and you do look young lol
but then thats cuz you are..... uhh, can't help you much dark_turtwig

Dark Turtwig
10-12-2008, 02:38 AM
fuzzy.... and you do look young lol
but then thats cuz you are..... uhh, can't help you much dark_turtwig

It's not me!!!! :goofy:
Here is MY Youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/Mudkipboi You can't see me, and you can tell I am DEFINETLY not nine years old in that vid. (my voice has gotten super deep in the last year)