PDA

View Full Version : Grass Special Sweeper?

Spartan91
09-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Hello all. Well the title says it all. So what would be a good candidate for a Grass SS? A moveset would be appreciated along with the pokemon :biggrin:. Thanks in advance

Dark Turtwig
09-20-2008, 06:46 PM
I would Suggest Roserade or Exxcecutor. (I can't spell egxecutor.)

Spartan91
09-20-2008, 06:47 PM
alright, out of thoughs two which do you prefer?

Cucumber
09-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Roserade would be the best for this.

Roserade@Choice Specs
Modest nature
Evs: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed/6 Hp
Natural cure ability
~Leaf Storm/ Grass Knot
~Hidden Power Ice
~Shadow Ball
~Sludge Bomb

Thats what I like to use

Spartan91
09-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Hmm, I'll probably go with that moveset and go with Roserade. Thanks for the help guys

Vincent_Valentine_4
09-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Sleep powder works to and Calm Mind Celebi can be a nice sweeper.

Cucumber
09-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Sleep powder works to and Calm Mind Celebi can be a nice sweeper.

Celebi has a better bulky things to do than try and sweep. Calm mind Celebi gets laughed at by Hera :/

Densetsu
09-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Skymin is an awsome sweeper, i'm trying a scarf set on shoddy with seed flare, hp ice, earth power, and air slash

Viva la Gofre
09-20-2008, 07:59 PM
I would Suggest Roserade or Exxcecutor. (I can't spell egxecutor.)

Exegutor is reliant on chlorophyl to sweep, which isnt clever (Quad weak to fire is never fun lol)

Skymin is an awsome sweeper, i'm trying a scarf set on shoddy with seed flare, hp ice, earth power, and air slash

The new formes are yet to be tiered by smogon, but it's predicted skymin will get uber status. Plus most people are still on DP where the new forms do not yet work, so it's unlikely to appear in standard play just yet.

Sceptile is another poke you can consider for the role.

Dark Turtwig
09-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Exeggutor is Grass and Psychic. That's only the standard 2x weak to fire. I think you mean 4x weak to bug.

Viva la Gofre
09-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Exeggutor is Grass and Psychic. That's only the standard 2x weak to fire. I think you mean 4x weak to bug.
Sunny day bumps up fire damage by another 50%, which is more than enough to pretty much resign exegutor to any fire type move.

Dark Turtwig
09-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Sunny day bumps up fire damage by another 50%, which is more than enough to pretty much resign exegutor to any fire type move.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. In that case, Roserade is a MUCH better option.

The-Sinnoh-Champ
09-22-2008, 07:01 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/4/42/407.png
Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Modest
EV's: 24 / 0 / 0 / 252 / 0 / 232
Energy Ball / Grass Knot
Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb / Sleep Powder / Extrasensory

TSC

-Holland-
09-23-2008, 05:50 AM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/4/42/407.png
Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Modest
EV's: 24 / 0 / 0 / 252 / 0 / 232
Energy Ball / Grass Knot
Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb / Sleep Powder / Extrasensory

TSC

With the Choice Scarf set, I would put Sleep Powder in the last slot, because Psychic hardly covers much beyond Shadow Ball, and Poison generally has bad coverage anyway, so it's just there for STAB. Moreover, this will likely only be a periodic switch-in, so you won't have to remain locked into any move when you use one...because we know that staying in would compromise your viability.

Also, Hidden Power Fire is usually better, the way I see it. It'll actually dent the Steel types like Forretress and Skarmory that will try to impede on you...or even kill them. Ice is good for Dragons and such, but only Salamence with Flamethrower is going to readily switch-in on it, and you need a sturdier counter for that anyway. Besides, you can always just put it to sleep. Ice is viable, but Fire puts down Steel types.

Master Aqua
09-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Well you have

roserade
celebi
shaymin
sceptile
executor

Liquid_Iron
10-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Hello all. Well the title says it all. So what would be a good candidate for a Grass SS? A moveset would be appreciated along with the pokemon :biggrin:. Thanks in advance
i suggest
sceptile/specs
leaf storm
focus blast
HP flying(other grass)
dragon pulse

out speeds gengar which is usualy a problem
kills gliscor
swampert
empoleon the list goes on this pokemon has it all evs maxed in speed and spl attack other 4 HP

Liquid_Iron