PDA

View Full Version : Caught the Pokerus from the GTS - is it legit?

thepokerusisonme
09-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Hi everyone!

I traded a lvl5 Bidoof on the GTS for a lvl5 Caterpie on the GTS, just to see how it worked. Lo and behold, the Caterpie I recieved had the Pokerus. Obviously this is no coincidence - I'm guessing there are tons of PKRS infected low level pokemon and it is used as a way of spreading the virus.

But I am very concerned with keeping the integrity of my game - I do not want any cheats or cheated pokemon coming to my system. So my question is, is this a legitimate Pokerus which someone has been fortunate enough to catch and has gone about sharing with the community, or is this an ActionReplay-esque cheated Pokemon? And will having this pokemon on my cartridge or sharing the PKRS with my other Pokemon negatively affect my game in any way, ie mark my pokemon as "cheated" or some such?

Thanks very much for your help.

Edit to add: I realize you could never know 100% but I'm just asking if you know of this trend or have any thoughts?

JustinDew
09-25-2008, 05:43 PM
It would seem like it would be legit.

BTW the "Is my pokemon hacked thread is Here (http://http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43742)

Tasteless
09-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Even if it wasn't legit, it wouldn't mark or affect your game in any way.

Stop being paranoid.

-Zodeon
09-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Its porbably legit, as PokeRus is a very common thing that spreads very fast.

Dark Turtwig
09-25-2008, 08:10 PM
With the GTS and wifi, pokerus is EXTREMELY common, and, even if it was'nt legit in the very beginning, it won't mark your game. Just to give you an idea on how the GTS has affected the pokerus virus, if one pokemon has been cycled throught the GTS dozens of times, and then it was in the third slot of someones party, and it infected their pokemon, and so on, one pokemon could infect literally thousands of others if it has been cycled throught the GTS. I have acually recieved a shiny deoxys (obviously a hack, but my game was already marked, so I don't care) with pokerus, and there was a mail attached to it. It said: Cycle.

thepokerusisonme
09-25-2008, 08:24 PM

Stop being paranoid.

I'm not being paranoid. I've spent hundreds of hours collecting legit pokemon and since I don't know the mechanics of the game and have never even seen a hacked pokemon or action replay device I think it is perfectly natural for me to check up on this.

Thanks very much for the replies everyone.

Master Aqua
10-04-2008, 02:20 PM

Stop being paranoid.

I am backing up tasteless here the virus may spred but that can only a good thing!