PDA

View Full Version : 360's Top Games?

Seercry
09-30-2008, 09:50 PM
I happen to know I am getting an XBox 360 for Christmas. I know it's a little early, but meh. So, I was wondering, what are your suggestions for good current and future games. I know the main ones, like CoD 4 and Halo, but waht others are good?

Vincent_Valentine_4
09-30-2008, 10:00 PM
GH World Tour when it comes out Gears Of War 2 Madden 09 if you like sports I've heard good things about Mercenaries 2.

Skottles
09-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Gears of War 1 and 2 defiantly. Skate if you like skateboarding games. Halo 3 maybe kinda overrated.

Tory vs Meaty II
09-30-2008, 10:20 PM
I happen to know I am getting an XBox 360 for Christmas. I know it's a little early, but meh. So, I was wondering, what are your suggestions for good current and future games. I know the main ones, like CoD 4 and Halo, but what others are good?

Well, people like games in different tastes these days. You said you like Call of Duty and Halo, so I'm assuming you like First-person shooter games. You can get Gears of War 2 when it comes out. By the way, don't just get a game because it have a high score. If you see a game that you are not fimular with, I'll advice you to find a person with one, or rent one first. And see if you enjoy the game, if you like the game, that is when you buy it. (the ones that you are not fimular with).

What other genres do you like?

George Jefferson
09-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Get a 4000 point card and buy:

Megaman 9
Soul Calibur
Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting
Pac-man CE
Castlevania: SotN

Clutch
09-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Already out:

- Halo 3
Has the best replay value of any FPS.

- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Has a great campaign and has very addicting multiplayer.

- Gears of War
You could always just wait for 2, but I'd still recommend the first one to anybody.

- Rock Band 2
If you're into music/rhythm games.

- Guitar Hero II, III
I personally like 2 better, but you can play online in 3, so it's up to you. You could always just wait for Guitar Hero: World Tour.

- Oblivion
If you like open-world RPG's, get this game. It's huge.

Coming out:

- Gears of War 2
Sequel to one of the best games ever made. It's bigger, better, and more badass.

- Far Cry 2
An open-world FPS set in Africa. It looks sick. I recommend you watch some videos because I don't think I can explain everything this game has to offer.

- Left 4 Dead
4 player co-op zombie killing. 'Nuff said. Oh, and it's made by Valve.

- Guitar Hero: World Tour
If Guitar Hero's your thing, pick this one up. This time it's got Guitar, Drums, and Vocals. Yeah, it's basically Rock Band, but it should be fun.

- Call of Duty: World at War
It may not be made by the same guys who made Call of Duty 4, but it's shaping up to be a great WWII FPS.

- Fallout 3
It's Oblivion... with guns.

- Fable 2
Has the potential to be one of the best RPG's we've seen in a while. Read up on it to see what I mean.

That's basically what I have my eye on, and the others that have already come out I enjoy alot. :]

George Jefferson
10-01-2008, 12:01 AM
- Fallout 3

SHUTUP.

You have never played any of the earlier games (Sans brotherhood of Steel, that one sucked.)

You canNOT put Fallout in the same level of Oblivion.

My respect for you has faded.

Fare thee well, sir.

Seercry
10-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Well, people like games in different tastes these days. You said you like Call of Duty and Halo, so I'm assuming you like First-person shooter games. You can get Gears of War 2 when it comes out. By the way, don't just get a game because it have a high score. If you see a game that you are not fimular with, I'll advice you to find a person with one, or rent one first. And see if you enjoy the game, if you like the game, that is when you buy it. (the ones that you are not fimular with).

What other genres do you like?

I see why you're Mr. Wiki. Hmmm....I like 3rd person, I think, fighters/shooters, like the Dynasty Warriors series and Star Wars Battlefront. Any other suggestions for the FPS genre or the other genre I mentioned.

SHUTUP.

You have never played any of the earlier games (Sans brotherhood of Steel, that one sucked.)

Fare thee well, sir.

Don't turn this thread into a flame/spam thread. It's pitiful and ridiculous that you reacted like that. I thank you for your advice, but if you have nothing better to say, I'd appreciate you stayed clear of this thread.

Clutch
10-01-2008, 12:25 AM
SHUTUP.

Fare thee well, sir.

You're right, I haven't played any of the earlier games. I guess that makes my opinion invalid. :rolleyes:

I played Oblivion. Bethesda made Oblivion. Bethesda's making Fallout 3. Looks like it plays like Oblivion, excluding the VATS system. IN MY OPINION it looks like Oblivion with guns.

George Jefferson
10-01-2008, 01:19 AM
You're right, I haven't played any of the earlier games. I guess that makes my opinion invalid. :rolleyes:

I played Oblivion. Bethesda made Oblivion. Bethesda's making Fallout 3. Looks like it plays like Oblivion, excluding the VATS system. IN MY OPINION it looks like Oblivion with guns.

IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR THAT TONIC YOU WOULD NEVER BEEN BORN.

YOU WERE AN ACCIDENT.

>: [ Baww

Fire Away
10-01-2008, 02:39 AM
How did no one mention Mass Effect? >:[

IMO it's the best RPG out on any console right now if you're into that. As far as fighters go, Dynasty Warriors isn't really in that category. Soul Calibur IV is about as good as you'll get at the moment. Street Fighter 4 is sure to be excellent. I hear very good things about Battle Fantasia, but it's somewhat rare so you might have a harder time finding it.

Seercry
10-01-2008, 02:42 AM
How did no one mention Mass Effect? >:[

IMO it's the best RPG out on any console right now if you're into that. As far as fighters go, Dynasty Warriors isn't really in that category. Soul Calibur IV is about as good as you'll get at the moment. Street Fighter 4 is sure to be excellent. I hear very good things about Battle Fantasia, but it's somewhat rare so you might have a harder time finding it.

Dynasty Warriors isn't really a fighter? Hmm, I suppose when I think about it, you are correct. It's more of a real-time strategy..is it not? Soul Calibur, however, I have heard good things about and played a demo of. It seemed pretty good. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

Fire Away
10-01-2008, 02:51 AM
Dynasty Warriors isn't really a fighter? Hmm, I suppose when I think about it, you are correct. It's more of a real-time strategy..is it not? Soul Calibur, however, I have heard good things about and played a demo of. It seemed pretty good. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

It's a hack and slash game. All it really has in common with a traditional fighter is health bars and a big cast of characters.

Vincent_Valentine_4
10-01-2008, 03:56 AM
I couldn't get into mass effect but I do love Soul Calibur I haven't played 4 but I own 2 and played 3 they're really good games. I never got into the morrowind games seeing as there isn't much storyline so I saw no point in playing the games but it's still a very popular game and it's cheap now so I'd buy it. Some people like GTA 4 but I do not like it at all I love all the GTA's for the PS2 but 4 I just don't like at all the controls and camera are just to weird for my liking.

Seercry
10-01-2008, 10:47 AM
It's a hack and slash game. All it really has in common with a traditional fighter is health bars and a big cast of characters.

Ahhh. My bad. When I say fighter, I just meant stuff like Dynasty Warriors and Star Wars Battlefront, but I see where I screwed up/ When you say fighter, you mean things like Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat, am I right?

I couldn't get into mass effect but I do love Soul Calibur I haven't played 4 but I own 2 and played 3 they're really good games. I never got into the morrowind games seeing as there isn't much storyline so I saw no point in playing the games but it's still a very popular game and it's cheap now so I'd buy it. Some people like GTA 4 but I do not like it at all I love all the GTA's for the PS2 but 4 I just don't like at all the controls and camera are just to weird for my liking.

I don't like GTA 4 either. Morrowind, however is a great game for Xbox. I can't speak for Oblivion, as I haven't played it. I also have Morrowind for the computer, but is there anyone who has owned or still owns Morrowind for the first Xbox? I just wanted to know if loading doesn't take as long on XBox as it does on computer.

Master Aqua
10-01-2008, 05:11 PM
The playstation 3 so out classes the xbox 360 but the games id avice are soul caliber 4and star wars the force unleashed.

George Jefferson
10-01-2008, 05:45 PM
The playstation 3 so out classes the xbox 360 but the games id avice are soul caliber 4and star wars the force unleashed.

DON'T FORGET ffffff

Get a 4000 point card and buy:

Megaman 9
Soul Calibur
Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting
Pac-man CE
Castlevania: SotN

PokeGamer
10-02-2008, 10:50 AM
GTA 4
Gears Of war
Halo 3
Bioshock
Soul calibur IV
Devil may cry IV
Guiatr hero 3

XB LivE Arcade:
Worms
Street fighter 2
Castle crasher
Mega Man 9
Streets of rage 2
Uno
Pac-man

George Jefferson
10-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Guiatr hero 3

inb4 guitar hero 3 sux

Dr Scott
10-02-2008, 03:27 PM
I have Morrowind for the Xbox, and ... it's not bad, I guess.

Really, it depends on what you like to play. For instance, if you like things like Star Wars Battlegrounds then there is a LOTR game coming out sometime that is from the same creators and basically the same thing.

Oblivion is the best RPG for the console, with Mass Effect second (if you like good stories). Then you have the upcoming two of Fable and Fallout 3.

Shooting game wise you have Gears of War 2 coming out for the gory awesome, Halo 3 for fast paced multiplayer duels, and Call of Duty 4 for the realistic shooters. All are good games.

If you get a 360 you really really really should get Live, since that is what makes 360 amazing. Nothing better then playing a game online with your friend ^_^.

But Patrick summed it up well. PATS FOR PATRICK!

Judge Dredd
10-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Im waiting for Ghost Busters! its looks like it going to be great, I bet it does well when it comes out. Mass Effect was my favorite so far

Seercry
10-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I have Morrowind for the Xbox, and ... it's not bad, I guess.

Really, it depends on what you like to play. For instance, if you like things like Star Wars Battlegrounds then there is a LOTR game coming out sometime that is from the same creators and basically the same thing.

Oblivion is the best RPG for the console, with Mass Effect second (if you like good stories). Then you have the upcoming two of Fable and Fallout 3.

Shooting game wise you have Gears of War 2 coming out for the gory awesome, Halo 3 for fast paced multiplayer duels, and Call of Duty 4 for the realistic shooters. All are good games.

If you get a 360 you really really really should get Live, since that is what makes 360 amazing. Nothing better then playing a game online with your friend ^_^.

But Patrick summed it up well. PATS FOR PATRICK!

Interesting...if I do not get the 12+1 Month Live Card along with the 360, I plan on buying one myself, so Live is a definite. I take everyone's into account. Thanks, all.

And Kennth_Hardy, GTFO. You're spamming and flaming up this thread.

SuperBoy
10-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Getting a 360, eh? Let's see how I can aid you. :wink:

For first-person shooters, I recommend Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Fallout 3 when it releases. I'm not a big fan of Halo 3, but I am a fan of the previous two games. However, the storyline in Halo 3 is pretty awesome, but I think that the multiplayer came down quite a bit.

As for RPGs, I advise that you purchase Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is probably the best. If you really like deep, interesting storylines, purchase Mass Effect. It's a great game. Also, you might want to buy Fable 2 when it releases.

I'm not a fan of the Gears of War series, so if you want it, you can buy it. Those are my two cents though.

sceptile 100
11-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Already out:

- Halo 3
Has the best replay value of any FPS.

- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Has a great campaign and has very addicting multiplayer.

- Gears of War
You could always just wait for 2, but I'd still recommend the first one to anybody.

- Rock Band 2
If you're into music/rhythm games.

- Guitar Hero II, III
I personally like 2 better, but you can play online in 3, so it's up to you. You could always just wait for Guitar Hero: World Tour.

- Oblivion
If you like open-world RPG's, get this game. It's huge.

Coming out:

- Gears of War 2
Sequel to one of the best games ever made. It's bigger, better, and more badass.

- Far Cry 2
An open-world FPS set in Africa. It looks sick. I recommend you watch some videos because I don't think I can explain everything this game has to offer.

- Left 4 Dead
4 player co-op zombie killing. 'Nuff said. Oh, and it's made by Valve.

- Guitar Hero: World Tour
If Guitar Hero's your thing, pick this one up. This time it's got Guitar, Drums, and Vocals. Yeah, it's basically Rock Band, but it should be fun.

- Call of Duty: World at War
It may not be made by the same guys who made Call of Duty 4, but it's shaping up to be a great WWII FPS.

- Fallout 3

- Fable 2
Has the potential to be one of the best RPG's we've seen in a while. Read up on it to see what I mean.

That's basically what I have my eye on, and the others that have already come out I enjoy alot. :]

in bold is fallout 3 i recently got it and it is awsome but extreamly violnt (spelled wrong)
and GOW 2 is out now also