PDA

View Full Version : Will You Buy The DSi?

MYSTRY MEW
10-04-2008, 12:21 AM
The new Nintendo DS, set to release in 2009 somtime, seams... interesting. Im not sure if im going to buy it. I mean it is a simple camera, internet, kinda shop, game player for 180 dollars which doesnt seem too bad. Also, another ds would help for my Diamond to Platinum switch since i dont have a friend with a ds. The only thing i dont like is that it doesnt have the gba slot. What would be awsome though is if they came out with old pokemon games like Gold and Red on the ds shop thing. What do you think, will you buy it?

superdude44
10-04-2008, 12:23 AM
yeah I will trade my pokemon pearl and my DS lite for it. although i still may need osme money. it seems so awesome. CAMERA???

Cheese
10-04-2008, 12:23 AM
It's supposed to be just a few bucks more expensive than the Lite (in the States at least), so I'm likely getting it. :D

Phantasm.Angel
10-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Eh, I already have a camera, and the internet option isn't very appealing to me since I don't get wi-fi, so no, I won't.

Dark Turtwig
10-04-2008, 12:26 AM
yeah I will trade my pokemon pearl and my DS lite for it. although i still may need osme money. it seems so awesome. CAMERA???

I will buy it, but superdude, the camera in it is about 1/5 as good as the average Cell Phone camera.

Skottles
10-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Yes I will. I never bought a DS Lite I still have 1st ds but I will defiantly get DSi. DS lite wasn't much of a improvement but this is.

Limitless
10-04-2008, 12:32 AM
I don't want to, but I'll probably end up getting it.

Dark Turtwig
10-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Yes I will. I never bought a DS Lite I still have 1st ds but I will defiantly get DSi. DS lite wasn't much of a improvement but this is.

I only bought my DS lite last year because my regular DS broke. In an unfortunate accident on a balcony at my friend's house.. and the street..

MYSTRY MEW
10-04-2008, 12:34 AM
I don't want to, but I'll probably end up getting it.

if you dont want it, why get it?

DragoniteMistress
10-04-2008, 12:40 AM
No. I have a digital camera and an MP3 player.

I'm set until they actually come out with something a little more practical 18 months from now.

MYSTRY MEW
10-04-2008, 12:41 AM
No. I have a digital camera and an MP3 player.

I'm set until they actually come out with something a little more practical 18 months from now.

actually the mp3 player will basically be from the sd card adapter

Tory vs Meaty II
10-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Will I buy the DSi? My answer to that question is:

HECK YEAH!!!!

@: skottles: same thing here.

Eternal Moonlight
10-04-2008, 01:32 AM
I didn`t get the Lite, and a camera would rock!

I will most likely end up buying it.

Mew, Meow, Nya

theEND
10-04-2008, 01:35 AM
The DSi is set to release sometime after April 2009. I wouldn't trade in my DS/Lite for one, since it doesn't have GBA backwards compatibility. But even without backwards compatibility, Nintendo's taking the DS in the right direction. (It'd be really cool to see R/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, and FR/LG remade into DSiWare)

Hell yeah I'm going to buy it.

EDIT: @ Tory and skottles: Same here.

faceplant527
10-04-2008, 01:43 AM
yea ill prolly end up getting it too, even though i dont need it. but i dunno if this is real.

theres a new one comming out soon thats smaller and lighter with a brighter screen.

MYSTRY MEW
10-04-2008, 01:52 AM
yea ill prolly end up getting it too, even though i dont need it. but i dunno if this is real.

theres a new one comming out soon thats smaller and lighter with a brighter screen.

i think thats it. I knew it was smaller and lighter but does it really have a brighter screen?

zachattack
10-04-2008, 02:28 AM
Of course not. Why on earth would I need ANOTHER DS, that has worse battery power and can't play GBA games? I'd be carrying my lite and this "DSi" with me all the time so I could play all my games, not to mention that the DSi's features do more harm than benefit making it a complicated waste of time.

Neon_Espeon
10-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Seeing how my original DS Is starting to slowly die and It WOULD be nice to have something a little more easy to hold onto that's also lighter, I'll most likely get It. In fact, I was actually waiting for something like this to happen, so yeah... And I don't really care about the removed GBA slot... Stop gasping at your computer screen, not everyone has to be all "OMGZ Y HAZ TEHY DON TIHSH?!!!" about It. I'll just do what I did when I found out the original DS couldn't play GB/GBC games; use my actual Gameboy color/GBA SP. Simple as that. =p

Master Aqua
10-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Yes indefinatly, I am a collector of the varous ds versions.

Ranma
10-04-2008, 10:45 AM
No. I can use my moms digital camera if I need, and there isnt anything making me want it anyway.

PokeGamer
10-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Maybe.Sigh I Wish it can play GBA Games

theEND
10-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Here's a question: Who plays GBA games on a DS system all the time?

Poltergeist
10-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Hmmm I am honestly not too sure about this. Considering I don't technically own my own I might decide to purchase it, but I will have to wait and see. I would also probably have to buy the old DS for cheap to trade my D/P pokemon though.

poke123
10-04-2008, 06:17 PM

Well, I think maybe a big problem would be that you can't transfer Pokemon from your GBA games to D/P/Pt. But other than that it looks like a good system. I like the improvements.

Rekhyt
10-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Of course not. My DS is fine as it is and it can play GBA games.

Why on earth would I want anything else?

Ultima Boss
10-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Who plays GBA games on a DS system ?
I do; gotta love Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy, not to mention a desire for FireRed/LeafGreen.

In any event, depending on whether DSiWare library suits my desires, I will purchase DSi; otherwise I'm content with my black DS Lite.

Daughter of Mew
10-04-2008, 07:09 PM
In any event, depending on whether DSiWare library suits my desires, I will purchase DSi; otherwise I'm content with my black DS Lite.

^What Ultima Boss said.

I'm happy with my DS, I really don't need a DSi. I have a phone with a really good camera, I had a MP3 which went in the washing machine [don't ask] but I'm getting a new on for Christmas. I like playing GBA games, especially Emerald.

Galactus Fossil
10-04-2008, 07:11 PM
^What Ultima Boss said.

I'm happy with my DS, I really don't need a DSi. I have a phone with a really good camera, I had a MP3 which went in the washing machine [don't ask] but I'm getting a new on for Christmas. I like playing GBA games, especially Emerald.

Of course not. My DS is fine as it is and it can play GBA games.

Why on earth would I want anything else?

These two quotes basically sum it up; I have a camera phone, and my black DS lite is usefull for play firered/emerald. For me, it'd be a waste of money.

LugiaAeroBlast
10-04-2008, 07:15 PM
i for one am definitely getting one. i dont have a camera and i never play GBA games on my lite so overall id love one!

zachattack
10-04-2008, 08:55 PM

I do, and I know a LOT of people do. What if you feel like playing Firered once, but blam it's not a DS game sorry! Go find your broken advance to play it!

MYSTRY MEW
10-04-2008, 09:32 PM
I do, and I know a LOT of people do. What if you feel like playing Firered once, but blam it's not a DS game sorry! Go find your broken advance to play it!

well with the dsi ware which is similar to wii shop, im guessing that the pokemon games will come out for like 8 dollars. True youll have to start all over but youd probably still be able to play pokemon games on the dsi.

zachattack
10-04-2008, 09:33 PM
well with the dsi ware which is similar to wii shop, im guessing that the pokemon games will come out for like 8 dollars. True youll have to start all over but youd probably still be able to play pokemon games on the dsi.

Or, I could NOT waste hundreds of dollars for a junky remake and just play my good games for FREE with my save files on them.

Perfect!

MYSTRY MEW
10-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Or, I could NOT waste hundreds of dollars for a junky remake and just play my good games for FREE with my save files on them.

Perfect!

lol true

ReclusiveDemon
10-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Great, way to go, Nintendo-- instead of just making it better, you're just copying ideas off Sony at this point in throwing in a handful of useless features most HARDCORE GAMERS could give a damn less about. Must be aiming the DSi at women who need more useless crap.

The only idea of any VALUE to come out of this is that DS shop. But that's not nearly enough for me to care about it.

Seawolf
10-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Must be aiming the DSi at women who need more useless crap.

I'm female and I have no interest in it. :(

theEND
10-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Point being is that the DS isn't always going to include backwards compatibility with GBA games as a feature. Quit complaining about it. If you're so up for playing GBA games, pull out your DS/Lite or GBA/SP.

Great, way to go, Nintendo-- instead of just making it better, you're just copying ideas off Sony at this point in throwing in a handful of useless features most HARDCORE GAMERS could give a damn less about. Must be aiming the DSi at women who need more useless crap.

The only idea of any VALUE to come out of this is that DS shop. But that's not nearly enough for me to care about it.

I have to agree a bit here, but they're not all bad applications. Free, built-in web browsing is a nice feature when you're on the go without a laptop, the camera can kill time, and music feedback has a nice touch. :o I'm very interested in the DS shop, particularly because downloading games onto your handheld could bring up interesting possibilities.

zachattack
10-05-2008, 03:19 AM
Point being is that the DS isn't always going to include backwards compatibility with GBA games as a feature. Quit complaining about it. If you're so up for playing GBA games, pull out your DS/Lite or GBA/SP.

I have to agree a bit here, but they're not all bad applications. Free, built-in web browsing is a nice feature when you're on the go without a laptop, the camera can kill time, and music feedback has a nice touch. :o I'm very interested in the DS shop, particularly because downloading games onto your handheld could bring up interesting possibilities.

It's funny though because the PSP has all those other than the camera, which is an accessory you can buy.

Stormdancer94
10-05-2008, 09:27 AM
I will avoid it LIKE THE PLAGUE. Nintendo is making a DS. That is like a copy of the PSP with two screens. Way to go.

If they make specific games for this new half platform (which they said they won't, but just wait.) then I'm definitely selling my DS for a PSP. I mean. Really. We all want cameras and the ability to play music on a gaming console.

When the DS Lite came out, everyone was reassuring the DS users that, no, there won't be specific games for this new thing, it's okay. But yeah. Some games are slightly specific to the DS Lite, I've seen a couple that yeah... it's interesting isn't it?

Dark G-Gar
10-05-2008, 11:58 AM
i will probally get it....!

D~G

SuperBoy
10-05-2008, 01:52 PM

Really? Six-Axis... :confused:

Anyway, as far as the GBA slot goes, it was bound to happen sooner or later. We don't really need it anymore anyways, so I'm fine with the idea.

As for the DSi itself, I'm most likely going to proceed in purchasing it. Camera and MP3 capability, Opera-supported browser, DSWare shop(Much like the Wii Shop Channel), SD card solution, and a nice set of hardcore releases, such as Castlevania: Orders of Ecclesia and Chrono Trigger.

To finish this off, I'm quite joyous about this. :wink:

zachattack
10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Really? Six-Axis... :confused:

Anyway, as far as the GBA slot goes, it was bound to happen sooner or later. We don't really need it anymore anyways, so I'm fine with the idea.

As for the DSi itself, I'm most likely going to proceed in purchasing it. Camera and MP3 capability, Opera-supported browser, DSWare shop(Much like the Wii Shop Channel), SD card solution, and a nice set of hardcore releases, such as Castlevania: Orders of Ecclesia and Chrono Trigger.

To finish this off, I'm quite joyous about this. :wink:

You forgot to mention 40% lower battery time, inability to play GBA games, increased weight, and slower load times.

But that's okay.

scubasteveE
10-08-2008, 06:21 PM
You forgot to mention 40% lower battery time, inability to play GBA games, increased weight, and slower load times.

But that's okay.
Why are you trashing everyone that wants to buy it? We get it, you don't like it. :\

Well I'm going to get it. I don't have a camera or mp3 player (I'm poor:X) and it's just better than the ds lite. So just buying all three in one just saves money.

Neo Emolga
10-09-2008, 03:09 AM

Amen.

No need for it. I already have a DS, I already have a iPod, I already have a camera, and I'm not that dependent on the Internet to feel the need to carry it everywhere. And if I badly needed that, I'd get a BlackBerry then.

Devil_Theory
10-09-2008, 03:11 AM
I gave my DS Lite away. So yes. I will be buying the DSi. Unwillingly, of course.

Soda
10-09-2008, 03:14 AM
D=! I just bought the special edition Pokemon DS Lite.

It doesn't have a GBA slot? Lame!!!

I can use my Ipod and phone for portable internet lol.

No need for it.

Black Label
10-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I will buy it, but superdude, the camera in it is about 1/5 as good as the average Cell Phone camera.

Actually, it it will be about the same, a .3 Mega pixel I think.

Soda
10-11-2008, 03:38 AM
Actually, it it will be about the same, a .3 Mega pixel I think.

.3? How lame...

I think Cell Phones do better than that. =P

Professor Geoffrey
10-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Meh... Maybe if I'm lucky... or if I get a job. xD

They're making game consoles too good,
and too expensive.

[SORROW | REQUIEM | VERITY | ACUITY | VALOR]

George Jefferson
10-21-2008, 08:53 PM
[SIZE="1"]They're making game consoles too good,
and too expensive.SIZE]

the DSI will suck.

Nintendo's losing their hardcore fanbase, and quick.

No Slot 2, exclusive DSI games not for the original DS, this will bomb in my heart.

Ultima Boss
10-21-2008, 09:28 PM
You can always keep your original DS and/or DS Lite when purchasing a DSi?

zachattack
10-21-2008, 10:44 PM
You can always keep your original DS and/or DS Lite when purchasing a DSi?

So you can waste money? Or so you can hold two devices with you at all times?
Other than "omg guys I bought 2 ds's look this one has a camera but other than that it sucks!!" bragging rights, it pretty much is useless. The camera fails, literally it's worse than a phone (Which I ALREADY HAVE!), and it can't play GBA games.

sounds like a downgrade to me.

Like all of Nintendos stuff. Gimmicks.

MYSTRY MEW
10-21-2008, 10:46 PM
So you can waste money? Or so you can hold two devices with you at all times?
Other than "omg guys I bought 2 ds's look this one has a camera but other than that it sucks!!" bragging rights, it pretty much is useless. The camera fails, literally it's worse than a phone (Which I ALREADY HAVE!), and it can't play GBA games.

sounds like a downgrade to me.

ok i think we get that you dont like it...

zachattack
10-21-2008, 10:48 PM
ok i think we get that you dont like it...

I just don't want anyone to have a false view on the DSi before they go buy it. I'd laugh at the sucker who goes and gets it and realizes it was horrible.

Going to get it knowing it's horrible, however, I can't do anything about.

MYSTRY MEW
10-21-2008, 10:52 PM
I just don't want anyone to have a false view on the DSi before they go buy it. I'd laugh at the sucker who goes and gets it and realizes it was horrible.

Going to get it knowing it's horrible, however, I can't do anything about.

maybe not everyone thinks its horrible. I on one hand would enjoy being able to get on the internet while sitting in my living room (without getting up :biggrin:) I also think that with 2 ds systems i could easily transfer over to platinum when it comes out. The ds shop feature will be awsome depending on what games it has. It just really depends on what you want out of a sustem, and you obviously dont like the features of the dsi

Primal Mario
10-21-2008, 11:06 PM
The new Nintendo DS, set to release in 2009 somtime, seams... interesting. Im not sure if im going to buy it. I mean it is a simple camera, internet, kinda shop, game player for 180 dollars which doesnt seem too bad. Also, another ds would help for my Diamond to Platinum switch since i dont have a friend with a ds. The only thing i dont like is that it doesnt have the gba slot. What would be awsome though is if they came out with old pokemon games like Gold and Red on the ds shop thing. What do you think, will you buy it?
Possibly i might buy me one after they release a blue one.

scubasteveE
10-21-2008, 11:25 PM
ok I have had it. Would people stop crying about it no having a GBA slot. I mean the gba is outdated and games are too. This was going to happen if you liked it or not. Gosh did people cried this much when we couldn't play gbc games on the regular ds? I can understand the camera but seesh......

Well anyway, does anyone know if the camera will have flash? I'm thinking it won't because people are comparing it with a cell phone camera, but just wanted to know.

zachattack
10-21-2008, 11:37 PM
ok I have had it. Would people stop crying about it no having a GBA slot. I mean the gba is outdated and games are too. This was going to happen if you liked it or not. Gosh did people cried this much when we couldn't play gbc games on the regular ds? I can understand the camera but seesh......

Well anyway, does anyone know if the camera will have flash? I'm thinking it won't because people are comparing it with a cell phone camera, but just wanted to know.

Is pokemon firered outdated?
Is pokemon ruby outdated?
I think not.

scubasteveE
10-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Is pokemon firered outdated?
Is pokemon ruby outdated?
I think not.
Well yeah. New titles stop coming for it, when I go to buy games they don't have much gba games, and most gaming sites don't recognize it as a current system. If it's not outdated now it certainly will be whe the DSi comes out.

I'm not saying the gba or games like firered and ruby sucked, it's just past it's time and it's the DS's turn. Soon the DSi's.

Ranma
10-22-2008, 12:14 AM
I think it is a waste of money and won't be buying it.

Ultima Boss
10-22-2008, 01:09 AM
[color=green]So you can waste money? Or so you can hold two devices with you at all times?
A bit of both, I suppose? But hey, as long as they provide different games exclusive to each system and provide the same satisfaction then I'd do it any day.

Other than "omg guys I bought 2 ds's look this one has a camera but other than that it sucks!!" bragging rights, it pretty much is useless. The camera fails, literally it's worse than a phone (Which I ALREADY HAVE!),
Okay, and?

and it can't play GBA games.
That's why you keep your DS Lite and/or your GBA.

That's what makes the world of gaming a beautiful place, a sense of diversity of gaming. Hell, I wouldn't want my gaming library to be monopolized by 'mature' games.

George Jefferson
10-22-2008, 02:25 PM
I think it is a waste of money and won't be buying it.

http://www.quebecgamers.com/impressions/cdi/hotel_mario/ending-17.jpg

YOU'RE THE BEST PLAYER EVER.

inb4 spam