PDA

View Full Version : Assemble at this location if you prefer the Rock musics

George Jefferson
10-07-2008, 07:15 PM
This is like the rap thread, only, it's for rock.

I will not allow bashing of other genres here, just the rock genres.

atucker22
10-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Sweet, it's about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon_Shiron
10-08-2008, 10:14 PM
does death metal count?

Starkipraggy
10-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Does J-Rock count? =P

JAM Project is epic.

CHA-LA! HEAD CHA-LA!!!

atucker22
10-12-2008, 12:27 AM
All types of rock count

Hoshika
10-12-2008, 12:41 AM
The Beatles.

Ooh, I feel awesome.

faceplant527
10-12-2008, 02:45 AM
you stole my idea :p haha but i like it.

my fav metal bands: (not in order)

stratavarious
cradel of filth
blind guardion

and i like alot of rock and metal but only acouple songs from each.

Starkipraggy
10-12-2008, 03:22 AM
JAM Project is epic. Japanese makes stuff 10 times more Gar than normal, which also makes it 10 times more awesome than usual.

Those taint our blue, shining planet
These sinister beings will taste LIGHTNING BOLTS!!!

ROU ROU FIGHT DA PAWAA

Surly Professor
10-12-2008, 05:53 AM
This is like the rap thread, only, it's for rock.

It couldn't possibly become a travesty such as that.
I'm pretty sure you know what "rock" means at least. :rolleyes:

Some of my all-time favorites are Beck, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr., RHCP, NIN, Bauhaus, Pixies, White Stripes, Velvet Underground, Stooges, Tom Waits, Kinks, Byrds, Beatles, & Badfinger.
Do they count?

If you know all the Beatles' songs by heart: you should check out Badfinger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badfinger).

atucker22
10-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Metallica, Van Halen, GNR, Foo Fighters, White Stripes, Bon Jovi, Kid Rock, Avenged Sevenfold. These are some of my favs

Synyster Gates
10-12-2008, 07:29 PM
A7X, Guns & Roses, Metallica, Iron Maiden, ACDC, Slayer, The Killers, Foo Fighter, Dragon Force, Nightmare, and theres more!!!1

Demon_Shiron
10-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Meh, Cannibal Corpse, Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Kittie, Korn, Deicide, Cradle of Filth, Rob Zombie, and the list goes on...

George Jefferson
10-13-2008, 10:23 PM
It couldn't possibly become a travesty such as that.

The way Emo music is becoming popular, it isn't much time until we see the downfall of Rock.

Surly Professor
10-14-2008, 03:58 AM
The way Emo music is becoming popular, it isn't much time until we see the downfall of Rock.

Emo kids are just this generation's new wavers. It's nothing new. They're still wearing the same pants! But, girl pants aside, there are (as in all genres) some outstanding groups, or at the very least songs that will chime with us; if not today, then sometime in the echos ad infinitum.
"Downfall"? Nickelback already happened dude. Never forget. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/NinjaLawyer/emot-911.gif

Demon_Shiron
10-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Emo kids will be the downfall of society itself. They go to any concert, especially Necro, who mixes death metal with rap, and boo the artist because they don't know who the originators of metal/rock are.

Starkipraggy
10-15-2008, 03:06 PM
What I'm more disgusted about is the obscene lack of songs that basically go "Stomp evil people who wanna destroy the earth! Defend your territory! Stand and fight! Use the power of Courage and pwn stuff!" Stuff like that. Oh and the above mentioned "Those taint our blue, shining planet/ These sinister beings will taste LIGHTNING BOLTS!!!"

And nobody comes up with cool things to shout in songs except JAM Project. ;_;

DIVIDING! DRIVAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Chodenji Yoyo! Chodenji Tatsumaki! Chodenji SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN.

GETTA BEAMWU!!!!

BURESTO FIYAAA!!!

STOP~ THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GONG WO NAGASE!!!

Sawaru Gen~ki Dama... SUPARKING!!!!!!!

And all these are from different songs.

MaskedJackal
10-16-2008, 12:44 AM
does death metal count?

Hell yeah.

My favorites are Death, Obituary, Carcass, Gorguts, Autopsy, Disincarnate, and Origin.

Demon_Shiron
10-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Hell yeah.

My favorites are Death, Obituary, Carcass, Gorguts, Autopsy, Disincarnate, and Origin.

No mean to flame or start a flame fest, but don't Christians look at bands like that as "Devil Music"? (My bands too...)

MaskedJackal
10-17-2008, 07:15 PM
No mean to flame or start a flame fest, but don't Christians look at bands like that as "Devil Music"? (My bands too...)

Only bands that use satanism as a gimmick, such as Deicide (who are a disgrace to the genre).

Otherwise, only the ignorant consider death metal "devil music".

Demon_Shiron
10-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Wow, you're right. Except about the Deicide thing. I may not like the theme of their music, but I love how they do it. I mostly only listen to them because of the guitars. But Behemoth still whoops them.

MaskedJackal
10-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Wow, you're right. Except about the Deicide thing. I may not like the theme of their music, but I love how they do it. I mostly only listen to them because of the guitars. But Behemoth still whoops them.

Deicide is pretty mediocre compared to some of the other "big names" within the genre. Nothing they've done has impressed me.

Professor Geoffrey
10-18-2008, 03:15 AM
I'm not really into rock, but...

I do like soft rock, and some classic rock.

Kiss, Rush, Aerosmith, Queen, and the Eagles are beast. >D

[SORROW | REQIUEM | VERITY]

George Jefferson
10-18-2008, 04:19 AM
I bought two CDs today.

The Clash's US Album and The Dead Kennedy's Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death, whose album art scares the the hell out of me.

Also, I was told by my mother that she had the London Calling album of the Clash.

Luckily, I was able to find it, as well as two Van Halens and Molly Hatchet!

My mother is so awesome.

Demon_Shiron
10-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Deicide is pretty mediocre compared to some of the other "big names" within the genre. Nothing they've done has impressed me.

Lay some big names on me then lol

MaskedJackal
10-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Lay some big names on me then lol

Death, Obituary, Autopsy, Morbid Angel, Gorguts, Carcass, Disincarnate, Suffocation, Atheist, Pestilence, Entombed... bands like those helped to shape the genre. Deicide hasn't really brought anything new to the table. They sound like what your everyday n00b would think death metal sounds like. It's the same thing with Cannibal Corpse, although they were the first to play it like that, so I give them props for being original.

George Jefferson
10-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Am I the only one here who likes punk? >:[

Dead Kennedys, Ramones, Clash, Sex Pistols?

anybody?

Surly Professor
10-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Am I the only one here who likes punk? >:[

Dead Kennedys, Ramones, Clash, Sex Pistols?

anybody?

Back in middle-school/highschool when I was first discovering stuff like Operation Ivy, Rancid, Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys, Social Distortion & the like...
But everything I've heard from the genre over the last decade or so has been rubbish.
Maybe that's the point, but still.

atucker22
10-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Has anyone listened to AC/DC's new CD "Black Ice". I haven't heard it yet and want to know if it's good.

George Jefferson
10-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Has anyone listened to AC/DC's new CD "Black Ice". I haven't heard it yet and want to know if it's good.

Quite frankly, I don't really give a damn about AC/DC anymore.

The high school uses too many of their damn songs. >:[