PDA

View Full Version : Help With Team...

Ginger Ale
10-08-2008, 01:45 AM
[edit 10/12] I've restarted my game, and now trying to get an Impish Turtwig or I'll settle for a female with a neutral nature like I did with Bulbasaur.

Mind, these are future movesets, not ones I currently have. I have three badges only but I spend immense time training and breeding.

So, here's Torterra first off:

TORTERRA @ (?)
Nature: Impish(m/f)/Neutral(f)
Ability: Overgrow
~Earthquake
~Wood Hammer
~Leech Seed
~Stealth Rock

ALAKAZAM @ Odd Incense
Nature:(The one I have now is Serious and I may breed or try to capture another Abra and hope for a Timid one -- or just stick with Serious. I tend to go for the neutral natures if the beneficial nature doesn't come.)
Ability: Synchronize
~Substitute
~Psychic
~Grass Knot/Thunder
~Focus Blast

BRONZONG @ (?)
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Levitate
~Earthquake
~Heal Block
~Confuse Ray
~Safeguard/Extrasensory

CROBAT @ Poison Barb
Nature: Bashful (Might end up changing simply because my Crobat is female and I'd like a male to learn Toxic in case I ever want to breed it with something else.)
Ability: Inner Focus
~Fly
~Toxic
~Haze
~Mean Look

I have a fifth and sixth spot open and I was thinking of getting Garchomp(?) and Weavile when possible;

WEAVILE @ ?
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: I prefer Keen Eye but I don't mind Inner Focus
~Poison Jab
~Brick Break/Drain Punch
~Ice Shard
~Agility

Thanks for the help if you decide you'd like to help. I really appreciate it.

And if it helps, I want most of these Pokemon to be Tanks and Sweepers or perhaps a mix of both. Crobat I'd like to be a Hazer, which probably contradicts Toxic, but would be used in a messy situation.

I hope this is adequate enough.

Dark Turtwig
10-08-2008, 03:12 AM
For an In-game team, that should work fine. But since it's in game, don't you want the legendaries in your team? :eh: But, if ya don't so what. Anyway, you would want a Crobat with either a Jolly nature, or if you are geared towards Special attacks, timid. You want something that will raise speed as much as possible. Crobat should be holding the Focus Band, so it might have a chance of surviving a hit, so it is'nt KO'd. Bronzong should hold leftovers, and Alakazam should hold the Focus Sash, so it won't be OHKO'd because of it's Horrible defenses. And Weavile (NOT as Sneasel. Weavile better.) should hold either a Focus Sash/band or a Razor Claw, to get maximum chances (25%) of a critical hit with Night Slash. I don't really want to get into movesets. I'm tired.

Ginger Ale
10-08-2008, 04:09 AM
For an In-game team, that should work fine. But since it's in game, don't you want the legendaries in your team? :eh: But, if ya don't so what. Anyway, you would want a Crobat with either a Jolly nature, or if you are geared towards Special attacks, timid. You want something that will raise speed as much as possible. Crobat should be holding the Focus Band, so it might have a chance of surviving a hit, so it is'nt KO'd. Bronzong should hold leftovers, and Alakazam should hold the Focus Sash, so it won't be OHKO'd because of it's Horrible defenses. And Weavile (NOT as Sneasel. Weavile better.) should hold either a Focus Sash/band or a Razor Claw, to get maximum chances (25%) of a critical hit with Night Slash. I don't really want to get into movesets. I'm tired.

Lol legendaries are cool but I tend to never use them. Not in my first playthrough, anyway. Maybe in the future I'll end up going for them. I'm weird like that :confused:

I'll take into account all of the suggestions you've given me, especially with Crobat. It makes sense with what you say. I've always been confused with what to do with Crobat as far natures go because it feels like you can really pull off Crobat as many different things if you do it correctly. I may go with Jolly for Crobat.

I'm assuming Alakazam is fine with Serious nature? (He's still a Kadabra but I'm going to evolve it within the next week or two).

Lol Yeah I'd REALLY prefer Weavile but I'm uncertain as to how you get Razor Claw.. I'm sure I have a friend who's got it.

Night Slash? Do you mean Night Shade?

It's fine with the movesets. I think for the most part I'm pretty alright with what I've got planned.

But thank you so much I really do appreciate your help and your patience :biggrin: