PDA

View Full Version : is this t-tar good?

Dark G-Gar
10-11-2008, 10:37 AM
right i just want to know if its worth having it in my team :)

shiny t-tar
lv100
shell bell
adamant
360/403/256/203/236/203
taunt/DD/crunch/stone edge

what do you think?
D~G

Verystrait42
10-11-2008, 12:30 PM
I hate taunt on T-tar. It is useless. Quit it.

The Politoed Hunter
10-11-2008, 12:32 PM
I hate taunt on T-tar. It is useless. Quit it.

Actually, taunt on a lead tyranitar is a good idea. Moveset is fine, use this as a lead, take off shell bell and give it lum berry for status effects.

All in all that is a very good t-tar :P

Dark G-Gar
10-11-2008, 01:43 PM
ok i will do that thanks shiny :)
:cool:
D~G

The Politoed Hunter
10-11-2008, 01:46 PM
ok i will do that thanks shiny :)
:cool:
D~G

Np, I will just explain why taunt on this tyranitar as a lead is extremely helpful.

Taunt locks up the most commonly used lead in the current metagame, Bronzong. It can now only either gyro ball or earthquake, both of which t-tar is weak too, so you switch to a zong counter and beat it. Anything else, if you fear you will get statused or set up on, use taunt, if you feel you can sweep, use DD then attack. If you don't taunt and get statused lum berry will cure you :D

Starkipraggy
10-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Np, I will just explain why taunt on this tyranitar as a lead is extremely helpful.

Taunt locks up the most commonly used lead in the current metagame, Bronzong. It can now only either gyro ball or earthquake, both of which t-tar is weak too, so you switch to a zong counter and beat it. Anything else, if you fear you will get statused or set up on, use taunt, if you feel you can sweep, use DD then attack. If you don't taunt and get statused lum berry will cure you :D
Aaaaactually, it's more to mess around with Azelf, Forry, and Skarm. To kill Zong, you just get your Magnezone in, Magnet Rise, and eat Zong alive with multiple Thunderbolts. Whereas with Azelf, FOrry, and gang, you stop their spiking attempts, set up, and bash them into the ground.

The Politoed Hunter
10-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Aaaaactually, it's more to mess around with Azelf, Forry, and Skarm. To kill Zong, you just get your Magnezone in, Magnet Rise, and eat Zong alive with multiple Thunderbolts. Whereas with Azelf, FOrry, and gang, you stop their spiking attempts, set up, and bash them into the ground.

Point taken, but it kinda works on zong too...

Starkipraggy
10-12-2008, 03:08 AM
Point taken, but it kinda works on zong too...
It's risky since the other guy mght anticipate Taunt/DD and try to kill you with Gyro Ball, which wouldn't be too pretty for your T-Tar. I admit it locks Zong up, but on the off-chance the guy anticipates what you're doing, your T-Tar is in for some serious hurt. And most dudes switch out after they get Taunted, unless they're nuts. Or its an offensive Zong ZOMG.

Limitless
10-12-2008, 03:27 AM
Pulse made up a set awhile ago. I completely forgot the Ev's and Nature, but here is the set:

Sub/Dragon Dance/Crunch/Stone Edge or Earthquake

The idea is basically to avoid status and trick your opponent. When Ttar subs, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Boah obviously, so they switch out only for you to DD. This is also is similar to the effects of Taunt for blocking status. The idea is to set up on a Blissey after you Uturn into it.

staraptor999
10-15-2008, 02:51 AM
Pulse made up a set awhile ago. I completely forgot the Ev's and Nature, but here is the set:

Sub/Dragon Dance/Crunch/Stone Edge or Earthquake

The idea is basically to avoid status and trick your opponent. When Ttar subs, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Boah obviously, so they switch out only for you to DD. This is also is similar to the effects of Taunt for blocking status. The idea is to set up on a Blissey after you Uturn into it.

But if they don't switch then you should have brave nature to go last. If t-tar can take a hit then sob it will have cover fo ddance.