PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite video game moment?

Devil_Theory
10-14-2008, 09:02 PM
We all have them; when you finally get the katana on Halo 3 Xbox Live, or when you unlock Sonic on Super Smash Bros Brawl; tell me, PE2K, what was your favourite video game moment?

I think mine would actually have to be unlocking the katana on Halo 3 Xbox Live. I felt so superior for a few games... :3

Dark Turtwig
10-14-2008, 09:05 PM
There are so many.. But, my most recent one, unlocking EVERYTHING in Mario Kart Wii. Even the Mario Mii suit. You have to unlock all 32 fast staff ghosts in Time Trials.

George Jefferson
10-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Beating Metal Slug in less than four credits on my Metal Slug Anthology.

Professor Geoffrey
10-14-2008, 09:32 PM
I have many favorites. But here are the top five.

1. SPOILER! In PMD 2, after Dialga is beaten, your partner remembers how good when you and your partner did as a rescue team,
and you come back to life in front of your partner, who cries at the sight of you. PMD 2 has been the only game I remember that has made me cry.
2. In Kingdom Hearts, when Kairi made Sora become human again.
3. SPOILER! In Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, when Sora remembers his friends after stepping into that chamber.
4. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, when Kirby's tiny starship blows up Bowser and Gannondorf's vessel.
5. And in Kingdom Hearts II, when Roxas and Namine meet again, before Riku and Sora face Xemnas by themselves.

[SORROW | REQUIEM | VERITY]

Devil_Theory
10-15-2008, 05:57 AM
Keep it up people, we've got some pretty good favourite moments. I have to agree with all of the KH moments though, as I cried when I first beat that game. Only just, though...

Kirby Grunt
10-16-2008, 07:25 AM
4. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, when Kirby's tiny starship blows up Bowser and Gannondorf's vessel.

HELLL YESSSSS!
Another one was when Sonic went in the little toob after Eggman tricked him, he blasted off nto SPACE(this is the closest hes ever been to death, Sonic 06 sucks so much it doesnt count), and Im all staring' at the screen goin o_o no wai no wai, NO WAI DEWD!
And then he uses chaos control =D /sonic freak

Stinky
10-16-2008, 09:57 AM
I dunno, probably the ending of Apollo Justice. Heck, that whole last case was easily my favorite one (maybe besides the one in TT where Maya dressed up as a maid. xD)

George Jefferson
10-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Akuma Shun Goku Satsu-ing M. Bison at the end of SSFIIT.

Best moment in SF ever, as well as any other fighting game. (Brawl doesn't count as a fighting game. >:[ )

Fire Away
10-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Akuma Shun Goku Satsu-ing M. Bison at the end of SSFIIT.

I was literally about to say the exact same thing.

Jerk >:|

On the subject of fighting games, I do get a kick out of beating the bosses in most SNK fighters the first times. Those guys suck.

I really enjoyed creating a creature on Spore and taking it through its evolutionary path. Spore's definitely a game most people should try once.

Blast the Stereo
10-16-2008, 02:58 PM
The end of FFX. I was so happy I beat it and it was hella fun, too.

That or the laughing scene in FFX. Most awkward video game moment EVER.

ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE
10-16-2008, 03:42 PM
hmmm.. the Part in LoZ: OoT when link gets the water stone. where the Zora tells him that he has to marry her lol. that was awkward, especially how she was comin up on him lol.

Charbok
10-16-2008, 05:14 PM

You are cool.

Mine:

1. FFX Ending. I cried...
2. The scene in the Macalania spring. Suteki Da Ne owns.
3. The Laughing Scene in FFX.
4. The Wedding Scene in FFX. (I Can Fly)
5. 1,000 Words in FFX-2.

Skottles
10-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Beating Star Fox 64 in like 40 minutes was pretty big for me.

sceptile 100
11-17-2008, 06:04 PM
in Burnout takedown ( it think) i used my crash breackeer and got a trafic takedown by fling a car into the AI

SuperErinMan
11-23-2008, 05:30 PM
I have a lot of moments, but here are 3 of the best:

1- Smash Bros Melee: my friend and I meteor smashed eachother at the exact same time resulting in a double KO. 0_o

2- Smash Bros Brawl: Finding out that Toon Link was a character. And that Ness was back in it, from Dojo.

3- Megaman Battle Network 6- Finding out that there weren't gonna be anymore Battle Networks, even for the DS.

(Megaman Starforce doesn't count, those games are just awful. I just got them for the fact that I'm a megaman fan)

Dark Lightning
11-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Beating Tabuu on Intense mode for the first time. Five minutes later I got his trophy.

atucker22
12-14-2008, 02:02 PM
When you beat Pokemon Colleseum, the end is like "WTF, what just happened" like a helicopter from nowhere get blown to bits by a Ho-oh that comes out of nowhere. It's memerable and I swear the game creators were on drugs

Snake Bite
12-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Getting the last charater unlock in any game.

karmachameleon
12-14-2008, 02:59 PM
1. Beating Ocarina of Time
2. Getting 3 of the 7 Ultima Weapons in FFX- easily 3 of the most annoying things ever in a video game the relief was amazing
3. Playing Brawl in a movie theater
4. Playing Megaman 2 for the very first time
5. Getting all 120 stars in Mario 64 for the first time and seeing Yoshi

The_Seventieth_Evil
12-14-2008, 04:48 PM
~Watching the opening cinematic of KATAMARI DAMACY
~Giving an on-duty cop a wedgie. And getting away with it (Bully- PS2)
~using a horizontal swing with the Skull Hammer on a Miniblin (Zelda: Windwaker)
~Shadow of the Collossus. From beginning to end.
~ICO. Again, from beginning to end.
~HERETIC cheat: "cockadoodledo" = turns your guy into a chicken; peck to attack; you are tiny; with, like, twenty health
~God of War II

Beavs1Fan
12-15-2008, 02:22 AM
Getting my mii on the wii to a pro in every sport :p

Winter
12-16-2008, 03:27 AM
I have a few as well-many KH related, due to the fact it's the only game with fighting and a real plot I've ever really beaten.(I'm such a wimp.)

1. Namine and Roxas's reunion near the end KH2, I love this part

2. The ending with KH2, when Sora and Riku wind up in that wierd world and admit things to each other.

3. The ending of Okami(I will admit that sadly, I watched this one b/c a friend decided she wanted to beat the game once again.).

4. In PMD Time, when Grovyle admiits who his partner was...to find out it was you!

5. The 'death' of Axel.

George Jefferson
12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
I have a few as well-many KH related, due to the fact it's the only game with fighting and a real plot I've ever really beaten.(I'm such a wimp.)

1. Namine and Roxas's reunion near the end KH2, I love this part

2. The ending with KH2, when Sora and Riku wind up in that wierd world and admit things to each other.

3. The ending of Okami(I will admit that sadly, I watched this one b/c a friend decided she wanted to beat the game once again.).

4. In PMD Time, when Grovyle admiits who his partner was...to find out it was you!

5. The 'death' of Axel.

kh fangirl olo

Dragon_Master
12-27-2008, 06:29 PM
I feel nerdy about this, but...

On Star Wars Battlefront II, going on Polis Massa as the CIS, with Hero always on, took out he 500% army with Darth Maul in under 5 minutes. >:-D Killing spree, anyone?

Other than that...

I loved in Brawl when Fox and Falco met up with Diddy and got dragged away.

Nirvash
12-28-2008, 03:51 AM
Kirby blew up those ships on Brawl. I was like ":o!".

Beating Ocarina of Time was pretty awesome too.

Ares
12-28-2008, 04:02 AM
Favorite game recently became Grand Theft Auto 4, due to the intense nature and length. It was literally the best action game I ever played, and the most involving game story I ever experienced. A close second is Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

CandleJack
12-28-2008, 04:37 AM
MGS4, when Otacon was like "Snake, you need to change the discs!" On act 4(I think). Then he realises it's blu-ray...xDDDD

Such a moment of nostalgia. MGS is pure genius sometimes.

Dancing Mad
01-01-2009, 07:17 AM
My favorite video game moment is probably when I first played Mario 64. Truly mind blowing after playing the SNES my whole life. Or when I got my first Pokemon game Crystal.

Demon_Shiron
01-01-2009, 04:15 PM
These aren't in any order, just as i remember them.

1. My man dieing! Oh noes! (Axel in KH2)

2. Finally getting rid of the first Mystery Dungeon

3. Seeing Hayate and Ayane's ending in DOA 4 (OMG EFFING KILLING EVERYBODY!)

4. Nero getting Yamato in DMC 4 (YES!)

5. In Blue Dragon, beating the first disc just to find out I got 2 more to go =.=(WTF MAN?!)

6. Finally beating Sephy in KH2

More to come, I just woke up

The Maple Syrup Baptist
01-01-2009, 10:11 PM
All 21 hours of Metal Gear Solid 4.

Kecleonfan666
01-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Mine was when I first got Gears of War, I was such a noob, and everybody on my team died. And by some miracle, I pwned everybody on the other team with a chainsaw, lol.

Blue-
01-02-2009, 12:39 AM
Beating the elite four for the first time *ever* on Gold... That's probably why I'm here today. :P

MYSTRY MEW
01-02-2009, 12:46 AM
i have a few, that were previously stated i believe.

1. Checking dojo everyday before the release of brawl
2. watching kirby destroy ganons ship in brawl
3. crying in pokemon mystry dungeon, yes i cried

Operative
01-02-2009, 12:53 AM

By " The Laughing Scene " I think you mean the time when una tried to cheer Tidus up and they both laughed like... ummm, Hyena's chocking on crack?

But... on topic my favorite video game moment was when I started a file on Final Fantasy VII and I named Clod " a Dumb@ss " so when they introduced him it went:

Cloud:
.....Umm, I'm... a Dumb@ss.

George Jefferson
01-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Finding out that Left 4 Dead is better than HALO 3.

Performing a 7 hit combo in the new Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

Agreeing with myself that I think Kingdom Hearts and all it's dedicated fans can burn in their ash trays.

Vincent_Valentine_4
01-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I just don't know I guess just playing through the game is good enough for me I really hate beating games though especially rpgs that I really get into because I want to see what happens next but in the end nothing ever does happen.

Poison Swan
01-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Hello good friend. We need to catch up. :)

Anyway, my favourite video game moment would probably be when I absolutely owned everyone on my team online on Left 4 Dead and got kicked from the game.

"GAIS, HE'S A TEEEM KILLUR!"

Operative
01-21-2009, 12:54 AM
I've decided to begin playing Final Fantasy X for the eighth time. XD

Seawolf
01-27-2009, 06:49 AM
The entire ending sequence of Mass Effect is so epic, it defies logic.

Beavs1Fan
01-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Beating Gears of War on insane....it was insane.... :) LOL

Orthar
01-27-2009, 02:52 PM
-Me+Scott+Emma+12 in the morning+Left 4 Dead+Tank=Horrified screams and an intense battle.
-Dieing in Banjo Kazooie the first time when I was younger and seeing Grunty turn sexy, it scarred me for life.
-Defeating Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, that story was so epic.
-I played Too Human for about one hour. For that one hour of my life I was rewarded with upwards of 500 gamer points, it was insane. Too bad that eventually I traded in Too Human.

The Admiral GiMoo
02-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Beating Wallace in Ruby. ^^

Centurion
02-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Fighting Ganon for the first time in Ocarina of Time. The storm and the lightning while fighting him made it so dramatic. Was really cool at the time.

Shroomish
02-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Shadow of the Colossus was pretty epic, as someone said. I remember the ending was like "omg awesome."

WC3 also had some good vids between stages. Arthas with the rock guitar at the end of the credits made me lol. XD

Master Aqua
02-04-2009, 05:00 PM
y favouriteis in LBa 2 in wich twinsen has just beeten Dr funfrock and he look into the lava pit were the children of twinsen fell into when funfrock cut the cable to wich there cage was attached to and you see the look of horror in his face but then boldenio comes up in his ship and you see that he saved them and you jump on board and head back to twinsen where you try to hold back the emerald moon wich has been hurled at twinsen. you begin to fail to hold it back but the esmers and the wizards come in the esmer ships to blow up the reactor on the moon, after that twinsen putts the moon back in orbit. great ending in my view.

it's beter view try looking on you tube.

Fire Away
02-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Mass Effect is so epic, it defies logic.

Fixed that for you.

Katana Master
02-08-2009, 04:34 PM
We all have them; when you finally get the katana on Halo 3 Xbox Live, or when you unlock Sonic on Super Smash Bros Brawl; tell me, PE2K, what was your favourite video game moment?

I think mine would actually have to be unlocking the katana on Halo 3 Xbox Live. I felt so superior for a few games... :3

That would be mine also :happy: People see it and are like OMFG HE HAS A KATANA BEST HALO PLAYER EVER!!! (true story) After sending a month in lonewolfs to get the 2 for 1 spatan laser achievment... well worth it

Game Over
02-08-2009, 11:50 PM
My favorite moment was probably beating gears of war on insane.

Clutch
02-09-2009, 12:44 AM
1. The whole last act of MGS4, including the ending and credits.
2. Fighting "The Boss" in MGS3.
3. Getting the Vidmaster: Annual achievement in Halo 3 with my best friends.
4. Beating the Elite Four in Yellow.
5. Playing Guitar Hero for the first time.

CyberGlion
02-10-2009, 03:29 AM
Well, I can only think of one moment I REALLY liked.
It was that one moment in Ocarina of Time, where Ganon's tower crumbled, and something was wrong--when Ganandorf suddenly came out of the rubble and use the Triforce of power to transform into Ganon. Even to this day that moment still gives me goosebumps :eek:

Lord Fedora
02-10-2009, 03:42 AM
My first Mortal Kombat fatality. *remembers*

Also, my earliest video game memory, that was pretty sweet. It was my first Pokemon game, Yellow, and I had literally spent the past three weeks taking my awesome team of a Pikachu, a Caterpie, and a Mankey against Brock. Finally, after those three long, hard weeks, my family went out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse, and finally, the moment I sat down with my little Gameboy in hand, my Mankey knocked Geodude out by force of luck, leveled up, and learned Double Kick to beat Onix. At the time, it hit "best moment of my life" status.

AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
03-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Unlocking all characters in Lego Starwars The Original Trillogy
Closely followed by unlocking all Characters in the first Lego Starwars

EDIT:

Both are beaten by beating Jinpachi for thje first time in Tekken 5 - He was too hard

TeirusuFX
03-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Kingdom Hearts: Sora's epic smile :D
Kingdom Hearts 2: Tron in Kingdom Hearts?!? /// Sora's reunion with his companions
Pheonix Wright: At the end of every Pheonix Wright game (expect Apollo Justice), Pheonix says OBJECTION because he's being forced to do something he doesn't want to do
Disgaea: Laharl sacrifices himself for Flonne and becomes a Prinny
Disgaea 2: Axel's move "My Heart Shakes"; its the most epic move I've ever seen
Klonoa 2: Tat goes on about how much she likes Klonoa, and in the end, she doesn't like him at all xD
Stafy 4: The ending was genius /// A character based on Armstrong (FMA) o_O
Stafy 5: Master Lobu becomes uber, it makes no sense!
Phantom Brave: When Ash and Marona pretend to be defeated by Laharl just to make him leave them alone
Kirby 64: After you beat a stage and on the pinic bonus, when you miss, Kirby cries epicly

That's all I'll bother to mention

♪クロノア♪
♫Kuronoa♫

Operative
03-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm playing Guitar Hero 3 at my friends house right now.

It's epic.

Black Hawk
03-01-2009, 09:10 PM
My first Mortal Kombat fatality. *remembers*

Also, my earliest video game memory, that was pretty sweet. It was my first Pokemon game, Yellow, and I had literally spent the past three weeks taking my awesome team of a Pikachu, a Caterpie, and a Mankey against Brock. Finally, after those three long, hard weeks, my family went out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse, and finally, the moment I sat down with my little Gameboy in hand, my Mankey knocked Geodude out by force of luck, leveled up, and learned Double Kick to beat Onix. At the time, it hit "best moment of my life" status.

AMG many of my best Video Game moments came at restaurants.

Beat Elite 4 on yellow version at Olive Garden

Caught Rayquaza on Ruby version Don Pablo's after an epicly long and potion and PP using 58 turn battle that ended with me realizing what Time Balls are good for.

Rayquaza catch was the greatest vid game moment of my life.

The Admiral GiMoo
03-01-2009, 09:11 PM
-I caught a Latios with an Ultra Ball.

-I caught a Rayqauza with a Master Ball. :tongue:

-I beat Pokemon Red.

-I beat Cynthia for the first time.

TeirusuFX
03-01-2009, 09:29 PM
-I caught a Latios with an Ultra Ball.

-I caught a Rayqauza with a Master Ball. :tongue:

-I beat Pokemon Red.

-I beat Cynthia for the first time.

I have I something even more epic for Pokemon

Red: Missingno encounter! Captured, and game is ruined!
Yellow: Mew encounter! Captured, and game is glitched until I save and turn it off!
Gold: My Game Shark made my Dragonite have infinite HP, when it got hit, it kept going down until I turned it off! o.O
Crystal: Jasmine is after Chuck? Since when?!?
Sapphire: Caught Rayquaza with a Pokeball o_O
Pearl: Every single time your rivals bumps into you, I think, "WATCH WHERE YOUR GOING STUPID!"

♪クロノア♪
♫Kuronoa♫