PDA

View Full Version : Rap Battle: JD vs. !CeMAn

::JD::
06-15-2005, 03:16 AM
Ok here's how it goes. We'll do a one round battle for fun and to showcase skills.
Rules:

1. 20 bars(lines)
2. Keep it clean
3. Nothing said in a rap battle is meant to offend either mc.(Me, !CeMAn)

If either mc violates anny rules then it's a disqulification.
Each mc will have 48 hours to post.

!CeMAn since you're the challenger you start things off.

!CeMAn
06-15-2005, 03:31 AM
48 HOURS?! that's not freestyle. We should be given a MAXiMUM of 5 or 10 minutes. The person going second could spend an entire day composing a vicious rebuttal! it's not fair, dude. 20 lines... that's a 5 minutes job.

i like rule #3. i'm relieved you understand that :oops:. Cuz i'm gonna cut you up!

06-15-2005, 03:34 AM
Well think problem is right now I logging off and I won't be home most of the day tommorow. Well once we're both online tomorrow I'll tell you when I'm ready. Sorry. :neutral:

!CeMAn
06-15-2005, 03:47 AM
OK... let's get it over with though. The longer i wait the more tempting it is to just pre-write something. Which brings up an interesting point: Being a message board there's no sure way to guard against cheating with just one verse each. i say we each do 2 so judges can determine just how much of the lyrics were thought up at the time based on our responses to eachother. Besides, i don't want to lose cause you got lucky with one killer rhyme :wink:.

Half a Dollar
06-15-2005, 03:56 AM
If you guys want, I can judge. >_> Or I can battle.

!CeMAn
06-15-2005, 04:07 AM
i'll battle you next, punk!!

i don't even know who's gonna judge this piece... i'm cool with anybody, i guess. Just as long as it's unbiased, you know.

Half a Dollar
06-15-2005, 04:13 AM
I'll be a judge, if you want me to.

06-16-2005, 10:29 PM
This isn't working we're never on at the same time. I don't think we'll be able to battle.

Guilder
06-17-2005, 02:14 AM
Well, I've seen !ce work. Other then a few cliché lines, he totally pwned half a buck. Problem is the rhymes were contentless and also, I think it'd important to know that when rapping, you don't need to say "ya" in stead of "you" (this being a mere example).

And I've not even gotten into the futility of such battles.

06-17-2005, 04:28 AM
Yeah, it's hard but as I type it out I try to think in the reader's perspective. It's hard because you don't have anything written down to look over. But at least it gets the job done.

Amaru
06-17-2005, 10:28 AM
This is an unbelievably incrediblely awesome concept. Online rap battles. I think you should post a reply within 24 hours, or you forfeit. I can battle and/or judge.....
you don't need to say "ya" in stead of "you"
I disagree, one can change the sound of a word to fit the rhyme..

Eg. Sure can be changed to sho, to rhyme with the word flow. This is an example.

Guilder
06-17-2005, 03:39 PM
Yes, I agree with you there, Amaru. However, I can see people don't say things out loud when they abttle online, as they replace every word with a more ghetto version, whether it helps the rhymes or not.

!CeMAn
06-18-2005, 12:05 AM
This is an unbelievably incrediblely awesome concept. Online rap battles. I think you should post a reply within 24 hours, or you forfeit. I can battle and/or judge.....

I disagree, one can change the sound of a word to fit the rhyme..

Eg. Sure can be changed to sho, to rhyme with the word flow. This is an example.

i've been online battling for years, more or less. i used to battle kids in the Limp Bizkit chat room ALL THE TiME. That's where i "trained" you might say... it's much better cuz you can see it's obviously spun off on the spot cuz the replies are instant. Here, there's no guard that somebody doesn't read, then go off spending half a day creating a deadly comeback verse. i suggest making appointments with eachother and a 5 - 10 minute window for reply. But if people agree to a 24 hour rule, i guess i'm cool with it. it just means i get 24 hours to turn a pistol into a bazooka :wink:.

Personally, when i compose rhymes, i always write the correct words and grammar just cuz it's proper. When i recite it could be a whole other story. For reference, anybody reading my rhymes can assume i probably use that ghetto talk where appropriate just when it connects lines or rhythm, but then again, i often don't cuz i'm not really a thugged out gangsta, nor do i attempt to play one on tv/online.

Well, I've seen !ce work. Other then a few cliché lines, he totally pwned half a buck. Problem is the rhymes were contentless and also, I think it'd important to know that when rapping, you don't need to say "ya" in stead of "you" (this being a mere example).

And I've not even gotten into the futility of such battles.

What the heck does that mean, 'contentless' :eh:? And tell me about these cliche lines :cool:. Seriously, i'll take critique. BtW, it's not futile to have fun and practice your craft.

Thanks to all who praised my one verse, lol! Please hold your applause; ya'll ain't seen NUTHiN :wink:. To be fair, i've been at it a little longer than Half A Dollar, i imagine. He did fine.

i'm interested in battling YOU, Amaru. You've struck me as a serious rapper.

Amaru
06-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Freestyle really isnt my strong point, hence my 24 hour suggestion wink wink.
Im happy to battle though. Anyone really, win or lose its exhilerating.