PDA

View Full Version : New to team building

perfectreject
10-17-2008, 05:08 AM
Alright, I'm new to this team building thing and i was wondering if anyone had words of advice. I do know about EV training, I'm good with a lot of strategy games and what not, but i cant seem to wrap my brain around team building here in pokemon...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Starkipraggy
10-17-2008, 06:55 AM
Alright, I'm new to this team building thing and i was wondering if anyone had words of advice. I do know about EV training, I'm good with a lot of strategy games and what not, but i cant seem to wrap my brain around team building here in pokemon...any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You need to read the stickys in this section moar. >:(

The basic idea is to have a well-balanced team. One physical sweeper, one special sweeper, one physical wall, one special wall, two support Pokemon. These support Pokemon can be a mixed sweeper or a wallbreaker, or perhaps a Heal Beller to rid the team of status, or spread status, or be a backup sweeper or wall, be a Rapid Spinner, or a Spiker, or both (in the case of Forretress)... List goes on. You do need to try out your team here and there to see how it does with different support mons.

TatankaToT
10-17-2008, 06:23 PM
smogon university as a relatively decent section that breaks the art down.

Lucky 1276
10-19-2008, 02:25 AM
The pokemon metagame is based around good strategy, prediction, good teambuilding and especially luck. It can take a long time to wrap your mind around they physics about how pokemon works. It's not just any strategy game. It's a complex game with tiers, tanks, sweepers and walls. But anyway, I suggest watching online pokemon wifi matches on youtube. It really helps you learn how to predict and the such. But there are other ways of course. You just gotta find what makes sense to you.