PDA

View Full Version : Yu-gi-oh 5D's

Jet
10-20-2008, 02:58 PM
from animenewsnetwork:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/thumb/1/1f/Yu-Gi-OH_5Ds.png/230px-Yu-Gi-OH_5Ds.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/Yugioh5ds.jpg

Many years in the future after the exploits of Yugi Mutou, Domino City has become a shadow of its former self: Neo Domino City. There lies a strong divide between the rich and the poor, and bridging that gap proves to be difficult. Neo Domino seems fit to entertain itself with a wild new event called "Riding Duels", the newest form of playing the ever popular Duel Monsters card game. Enter Yusei Fudou, a young man who lives on the edge of the law, making his own rules. His ultimate objective is to challenge the world champion Riding Duelist, Jack Atlas. But for what purposes...

category: Card games; HIGH SPEED CHASES

Don't give me that look. Playing a childish card game on auto-pilot motorbikes are bad-@ss and you know it :P

shown in USA CW4Kids

but screw 4kids; subs are better

post your views, etc, whatnot :P

*random; the girl in my ava & sig is in it... makes you want to watch it now don'tcha :P

Master Aqua
10-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Such a daft idea for yugioh! Why do they keep screwing up yugioh? If GX was not bad enough.

Oxygen
10-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Such a daft idea for yugioh! Why do they keep screwing up yugioh? If GX was not bad enough.

I agree. GX wasn't the best/most origianal YGO series, but I didn't mind it.

I like the classics. It started to get screwy since they added the series with Noah as the bad dude in it.

Demon_Shiron
10-20-2008, 03:51 PM
It just got completely horrible after the gods thingy, or the seal of whatever.

Jet
10-20-2008, 04:33 PM
you guys haven't probably watched it yet I assume

this shouldn't be compared with the original; since it has a completely darker storyline; oh yeah, did I mention the storyline is actually interesting compared to GX?

of course 4kids wouldn't have that with American parents complaining about too much violence and all :P too bad for you guys XD I'm interested to see what 4kids would do to censor this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/YuseiJinKazama.gif

GX btw was mediocre; the only reason why it was good because it actually showed a different moral; the original version with yugi and friends showed "friendship"; if you guys took GX seriously; you'd realize omg look how judai has matured; hence the theme was "maturity". 5D's theme is still not clear, since there are only 29 episodes out so far :/

LugiaAeroBlast
10-20-2008, 05:21 PM
i watched it and it rocks! i have junk warrior(:

Demon_Shiron
10-22-2008, 04:03 AM
Ok, tell me this: How the hell can you sabe the world with cards? Couldn't you just walk up to them, punch them in the face, and burn/rip up their cards? Then how are they gonna save the world?

Jet
10-22-2008, 02:47 PM
lol, one of those guys that does not see the point of dramatic plotline
that's like comparing:

1) Team Rocket's motto- just zap em' instead of letting them say the whole line completely
2) Bleach's Bankai - while making the pose; beat them up already
3) Naruto's jutsus with crappy hand signals; same goes with every ninja anime that does that - stop their frickin' hands then
4) Slayers' chants for spell - punch em' while chanting then
5) Any anime that they have to say the frickin' attack before they actually do it

I could go on

lol, well everyone's got their views :P XD

and it's SAVE the world XD

Venonat Poison Powder
11-09-2008, 09:21 PM
THE ORIGIN OF RIDING DUELS

After GX, about 30 years later, MOTORCYCLES WERE GAINING TOO MUCH POPULARITY!! SO, Mokuba(new executive of Kaiba Corp.)decided to put them together. Motorcycles, card games, it's perfect! Then people had trouble kepping their cards from flying off in the wind while riding.
So he had duel disks attached to the motorcycles. But then people kept getting in car crashes because they weren't paying attention to the road...
So then he had them all equipped with auto-piloting systems. But then people kept filling up the streets with motorcycles!
So then he made a giant sports dome(costing several millions, maybe billions of dollars/yen)to hold card games in. THE END.

LOL.

It's better than GX, later on at least. It's more serious now!! They got better writers. Yeah!
AT first, we were ALL confused and disgusted. But now, just look at it.
I've been seeing a majority of the episodes on Subs. Then I saw a 4Kids episode and I was horrified. The episode was the first part of the "Iron Chain" duel.
Some changes:
1. They took out the warden's nosehair attack!! I loved that. What's so dangerous about that? Why SHOULDN'T kids be able to do that?
2. Mr. Pointy Hair(you can tell by now that I suck with names)was beaten up(I guess)over having some magazines. I can understand if it was a knife, like in the original, but that was dumb.
3. Pointy Hair was severely injured because the guards threw him on the floor. Ouch.
4. The Purple Hair guy was really annoying. Darn it.
5. It wasn't the same!!! *sob*

So I'm sticking to Subs, unless I want to laugh at the translations. Who the heck works at 4Kids? I've narrowed it down:
Four kids run it
Chimps run it
Overgrown "kids" from the 50's who think that they know what kids like
CAST YOUR VOTE!! Or not.

Venonat Poison Powder
11-09-2008, 09:21 PM
THE ORIGIN OF RIDING DUELS

After GX, about 30 years later, MOTORCYCLES WERE GAINING TOO MUCH POPULARITY!! SO, Mokuba(new executive of Kaiba Corp.)decided to put them together. Motorcycles, card games, it's perfect! Then people had trouble kepping their cards from flying off in the wind while riding.
So he had duel disks attached to the motorcycles. But then people kept getting in car crashes because they weren't paying attention to the road...
So then he had them all equipped with auto-piloting systems. But then people kept filling up the streets with motorcycles!
So then he made a giant sports dome(costing several millions, maybe billions of dollars/yen)to hold card games in. THE END.

LOL.

It's better than GX, later on at least. It's more serious now!! They got better writers. Yeah!
AT first, we were ALL confused and disgusted. But now, just look at it.
I've been seeing a majority of the episodes on Subs. Then I saw a 4Kids episode and I was horrified. The episode was the first part of the "Iron Chain" duel.
Some changes:
1. They took out the warden's nosehair attack!! I loved that. What's so dangerous about that? Why SHOULDN'T kids be able to do that?
2. Mr. Pointy Hair(you can tell by now that I suck with names)was beaten up(I guess)over having some magazines. I can understand if it was a knife, like in the original, but that was dumb.
3. Pointy Hair was severely injured because the guards threw him on the floor. Ouch.
4. The Purple Hair guy was really annoying. Darn it.
5. It wasn't the same!!! *sob*

So I'm sticking to Subs, unless I want to laugh at the translations. Who the heck works at 4Kids? I've narrowed it down:
Four kids run it
Chimps run it
Overgrown "kids" from the 50's who think that they know what kids like
CAST YOUR VOTE!! Or not.

Shinin Latias
12-31-2008, 01:55 AM
i swear yawl you dont know agood thing when you see it do you?
its better that 1st seasen of gx so wats so bad about it?

Rohypnol
12-31-2008, 04:04 AM
i swear yawl you dont know agood thing when you see it do you?
its better that 1st seasen of gx so wats so bad about it?
imo, 5D's is way better than GX and rivals some seasons of the original.

As usual though, 4Kids kindly dumbs down the show so I just watched the Subbed versions.

Operative
01-02-2009, 12:18 AM
GX < Yu-Gi-Oh! < 5D's

I actually think that 5D's is very pulled together as of right now.

Jet
01-02-2009, 04:24 AM
and people actually die in 5D... people dying in yu-gi-oh? where they show "actual" deaths? that's a plus :P

its a shame my fav char in 5D died and ressurected as a bad guy D:

Rohypnol
01-02-2009, 05:38 AM
and people actually die in 5D... people dying in yu-gi-oh? where they show "actual" deaths? that's a plus :P

its a shame my fav char in 5D died and ressurected as a bad guy D:
Carly looks better Dark though. :x

Jet
01-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Carly looks better Dark though. :x
I kinda agree; but you can't help feel bad for her; not wanting to be that way and all D:

I can see in the future that "Jack save me!" then transforms into Dark Carly then duels... ugh >_>

I hate Jack x Carly pairing; Jack x Mikage was the intended pairing lol

Lord Fedora
01-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Dear Spirits. Card games on motorbikes. It's a sign of the apocalypse. Everybody, to the bunker!

SuperSaiyajin4Gengar
02-25-2009, 04:21 PM
I think Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds has the best story with some great characters like Yusei Fudo, Jack Atlas and the Dark Signers and i like the new card they are using synchro monster like Stardust Dragon and Junk Warrior.

Synester
02-25-2009, 11:09 PM
I liked GX =\. GX>5D's>Original :P

Gaby
02-26-2009, 03:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/YuseiJinKazama.gif

Anyone else notice that the bald guy is just staring while his partner gets beat up? xD

Anyways, meh, I'm tempted to watch it because of the darker theme you keep talking about. I still find saving the world with cards/playing cards on motorcycles retarded, but meh. xD I might grow to like it.

Tory vs Meaty II
02-26-2009, 04:30 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh! = outstanding
Yu-Gi-Oh! R = ????
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX = okay
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's = ????

I hope I enjoy the 5D's series.

Buu
02-27-2009, 10:45 PM
I've watched it a few times. I do not like it...

The fact that they are on motorcycles shouting card names and stuff is annoying. Not that I don't like to ride them, or anything. It's just, don't mix a nerdy thing with sports. XD

I like some of it, but not the actual duels. Which makes it kind of fail...

Jet
03-01-2009, 03:14 AM
fyi: the original (with yugi) and 5Ds was a project that Kazuki wanted himself (if you didn't know, its the creator of YGO). GX was somewhat forced upon him, as he originally didn't like the concept.

anyway, damn this series; people... and I mean people that aren't random now; but people that are introduced to us and got to know and like... ACTUALLY DIE... well... spirited away, but same thing... crap; almost made me shed a tear... wtf; YGO becomes a drama -_-;

ShionRasenka
07-14-2009, 07:12 PM
I thoroughly enjoy 5D's. The plot is interesting, albeit using a card game to save the world is odd. XDDD But that's been the theme in all the series, so it's grown on me. The characters take a lot of cues from the original series' cast. Jack and Seto and Yugi and Yusei have several things in common, and 5D's does have a darker tone than the previous series.

Pokemon_Ron
07-14-2009, 07:33 PM
I thoroughly enjoy 5D's. The plot is interesting, albeit using a card game to save the world is odd. XDDD But that's been the theme in all the series, so it's grown on me. The characters take a lot of cues from the original series' cast. Jack and Seto and Yugi and Yusei have several things in common, and 5D's does have a darker tone than the previous series.

you guys got me. i guess ill look up yugioh 5D's tonight.

but unlike everyone else, i LOVED yugioh GX :oops:

The Doctor
07-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Yugioh = Fantastic!
Yugioh GX = Great!
Yugioh 5Dīs = ... WTF?!

-Darkness

Pokemon_Ron
07-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Yugioh 5Dīs = ... WTF?!

i like how the storylines darker though

EDIT: i just got done watching the first subbed episode of Yugioh 5D'a, and im amazed. this looks to be a great series

Pika57
07-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Don't you guys know what the D in Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's stands for? Don't watch it!

As for my ratings:

Anime: For all series, camp and ridiculous as hell.

Manga:

Yu-Gi-Oh BC (Before Cardgames): OMFG THIS IS AWESOME.
Yu-Gi-Oh AC (Alternating Current): Pretty silly but enjoyable.
Yu-Gi-Oh R: Can't find scans of it.
Yu-Gi-Oh GX (There is a manga for this): Actually pretty good, with enjoyable characterizations and plot.

And of course:

Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series: Its Yugilicious!

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-19-2009, 01:23 AM
I like all the series.

The original was epic, GX actually made sense and played by the rules, 5Ds is interesting and I wanna see how it turns out.

The Abridged Series is always going to be my favorite, though. :wink:

Jet
07-19-2009, 10:53 PM
can't say I'd get pissed at reviving at old thread... but it's mine XD

Shame about people not liking 5Ds; guess the concept of dueling on a motorbike triggers the WTF cannon inside them. Yes the original is better, but 5Ds is better than GX at least, and props to them on making actual CG/3d graphics on it. Besides none of 5Ds is ever a fun moment; except for very few filler episodes; otherwise all of it is serious, and there were actually moments you thought "omg this guy died??? F***"

unfortunately some of the new cards are ridiculous; especially Savior Star Dragon & Savior Demon Dragon >_>

btw random FYI; there's going to be a movie/short series, where Yusei (protagonist of 5Ds) gets to duel Yugi from the original and Judei from GX; just duel data I guess, not actual persons themselves; since A) Domino City is trashed in 5Ds era and is only being reconstructed now, and B) no news on where Judei went XD

fefe31619
07-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Shame about people not liking 5Ds; guess the concept of dueling on a motorbike triggers the WTF cannon inside them.

I actually love 5Ds, especially the second season.

The Yugioh world went all card game fanatic in the third season.....Watch episode 65 and 66 to see how creepy it is.

Remember kids, its the law to move to the next lane so two people can have an entire street to play a childrens card game with, or get 40 lashes.

manga1313
07-20-2009, 10:33 AM
yugioh was awesome
yugioh gx was okay
yugioh 5d i think was jsu screwing up the franchise

Pokemon_Ron
07-24-2009, 06:58 AM
yugioh 5d i think was just screwing up the franchise

and tell me sir, how is it screwing up the franchise when it clearly needed to go down a differant path.

Fossil Fusion
07-24-2009, 01:04 PM
I really like Yugioh 5D the 5th signer storyline really made it work out well. They planned the packs for 5D's cards quite well compared to the old series too.

I liked GX alot due to the archtypes they played even if they aren't that good :x I like seeing lame archtypes compared to seeing boring old DAD on a TV show.

The Grand Prix arc might be really good and might have the return of Kiryu, and Bommer as contestants. Most likely Mukuri Enjo since they are D-Wheelers. I bashed 5D when I first saw it but I got into it because of the good card archtypes.

ShionRasenka
08-03-2009, 06:14 PM
I hope Kiryu and Bommer return as well!! They were awesome characters. It'd be neat if they were contestants in the Grand Prix arc. I have mixed feelings about Mukuro.... He seems too much like 'Bandit' Kieth(sp?) to me.... idk.... Maybe i just didn't pay enough attention to his personality before.... XDDD

Jet
08-05-2009, 06:46 AM
if they do return, Kiryu will be using a new deck most likely... since Infernity is the theme during the time he was a Dark Signer... or maybe not... and hopefully Carly becomes all bad-ass and becomes a riding duelist again X3

ShionRasenka
08-07-2009, 05:17 PM
I think he had the Infernity deck before he became a Dark Signer. It was just beefed up for when he was one with the Earthbound God and whatnot. And YES, it would be totally awesome if Carly became a Riding Duelist and became kick-ass!! I think she should get contacts, because she's so pretty without those glassess....

Jet
08-09-2009, 11:50 AM
What in the world happenened to good ol' eye-in-forehead Yugi who punished bullies by playing shadow games? Seriousely.

Help us, Takahashi.
Yugioh ain't pokemon where the MC will have to go through countless ****loads of episodes to be the best -_-

besides 5Ds was developed by Takahashi himself; he had the idea of this setting... GX was forced upon him and he didn't like it :P

ShionRasenka
08-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Yugioh ain't pokemon where the MC will have to go through countless ****loads of episodes to be the best -_-

besides 5Ds was developed by Takahashi himself; he had the idea of this setting... GX was forced upon him and he didn't like it :P
Really? I kind of thought that was the case. Why was it forced on him??

Really?

I mean, it's so far from the original storyline, you wouldn't tell the series were at all related by comparing an episode from the earliest Yu-Gi-Oh! with one from 5D's or GX.

The card game's taken over: by now, the new Yu-Gi-Oh! is no better than series like Bakugan and Duel Masters.
I think 5D's is just as good as the first series. It's just as, if not more, bas-ass. I think it'd be cool if the original characters made an appearence, but they'd all probably be really old. XDD

As for Bakugan and Duel Masters, I LOVE Bakugan, but I didn't care for DM.... Something about it put me of....

ShionRasenka
08-10-2009, 07:20 PM
My point was, that now, Yu-Gi-Oh! has become nothing more than a commercial for the card game, just like Bakugan and Duel Masters.
Aaaaaahhhhhh...... Forgive my slow-arse brain..... :oops: :oops: :oops:

But anyway, I'm not sure about that myself. I suppose it has, but to be honest, that's just part of the franchise.

Fossil Fusion
08-11-2009, 08:41 PM
I agree with Jet on the GX being forced on Kazuki Takahasi. But I actually enjoyed GX to be honest. I also like 5D's alot. It's much more serious well the japanese version.

I see fillers, but not for Episode 71!! Is that Sherry or Aki on a D-Wheel!?

ShionRasenka
08-11-2009, 09:36 PM
I agree with Jet on the GX being forced on Kazuki Takahasi. But I actually enjoyed GX to be honest. I also like 5D's alot. It's much more serious well the japanese version.

I see fillers, but not for Episode 71!! Is that Sherry or Aki on a D-Wheel!?

Which one is Sherry??? I dun think I remember her.... >< Aki on a D-Wheel?! o.o That would be so cool.... I think she'd make a great Riding Duelist.

Fossil Fusion
08-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Which one is Sherry??? I dun think I remember her.... >< Aki on a D-Wheel?! o.o That would be so cool.... I think she'd make a great Riding Duelist.

Sherry is a new character coming up in Episode 71

ShionRasenka
08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Sherry is a new character coming up in Episode 71

Ooooohhhhhhh, ok XDD No wonder I didn't recognize the name XDD ty for the clarification XDDD

Jet
08-13-2009, 12:21 PM
to each his own I guess... but it would be extremely awkward to force Yugi to go through thousands of adventures, each one a new threat to Domino City or wants to take over the world or whatever, I mean he's no super hero. GX had some relation since Yugi was shown kinda like in his 20s I guess? 5D's was WAY in the future since the old Domino city was trashed due to some experiment... I don't see how the 2 series weren't connected to the old one -_-;

and oh crap I see Aki turning bad-ass and joining Sherry's team since she just realized the rider's high bikers experience XD and its cute we finally see a non-serious Aki face XD

http://i30.tinypic.com/2lwpw8n.jpg

ady4life
08-20-2009, 01:24 PM
all that think "this is stupid and makes no sence" just look at pokemon

Ash never ever completes everything pokemon or catch every one of em and hes still the hero and after like 1 year pokemon just go breeding or somthin and theres like 150 new ones. an pokemon has been out since 1995/1996 and ash was 10 back then that means he should be like 22 or 23. and settled down from this quest/mission of catching them all or somthing but he still looks like hes 10 to 13 o.O Now that doesnt make any sence ... :biggrin:

Chromatic Alchemist
08-20-2009, 02:46 PM

Ash never ever completes everything pokemon or catch every one of em and hes still the hero and after like 1 year pokemon just go breeding or somthin and theres like 150 new ones. an pokemon has been out since 1995/1996 and ash was 10 back then that means he should be like 22 or 23. and settled down from this quest/mission of catching them all or somthing but he still looks like hes 10 to 13 o.O Now that doesnt make any sence ... :biggrin:

1. He's clearly nine. :rolleyes:

2. Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is a very good show. I record it when it comes on every Saturday, and watch it nearly every morning on Cartoon Network. I happen to have quite a few of the cards, including about half of Yusei's deck.

Shinies
08-21-2009, 04:47 AM
1. He's clearly nine. :rolleyes:

2. Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is a very good show. I record it when it comes on every Saturday, and watch it nearly every morning on Cartoon Network. I happen to have quite a few of the cards, including about half of Yusei's deck.

Japanese > English.

Just saying ^_^

ShionRasenka
08-28-2009, 05:20 PM
to each his own I guess... but it would be extremely awkward to force Yugi to go through thousands of adventures, each one a new threat to Domino City or wants to take over the world or whatever, I mean he's no super hero. GX had some relation since Yugi was shown kinda like in his 20s I guess? 5D's was WAY in the future since the old Domino city was trashed due to some experiment... I don't see how the 2 series weren't connected to the old one -_-;

and oh crap I see Aki turning bad-ass and joining Sherry's team since she just realized the rider's high bikers experience XD and its cute we finally see a non-serious Aki face XD

http://i30.tinypic.com/2lwpw8n.jpg
I totally see Aki going bad-ass too. She's experienced the rush of the Riding Duel, and will likely get a D-Wheel somehow/someway. And the look on Aki's face in that screenshot is PRICELESS!!!! XDDD

And how about that episode where Jack went job hunting??? I nearly died laughing. It was just too priceless. It actually took me a couple of hours to watch it because I was laughing so much. My parents thought I was going crazy or something. XDDD

SaviorSephiroth
11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Anyone have played the game?

Master Aqua
11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes I have and the only good thing about it is it includes syncros thats it.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
11-10-2009, 07:15 AM

How many days have passed? I mean, not in this world, but shown in the anime? I guess it would be 12 or 13, which still makes sense.

He's clearly nine. :rolleyes:

He's not. D:<

Anyone have played the game?

I used to, but not anymore.

In any case, I see that the card game has been modified. I preferred it if the "main" main character didn't change. Oh well.

Jet
11-14-2009, 11:51 AM
nowadays its kinda like fillers, filling with a few episodes that actually go back to the main story of the new threat... but oh well, still great