PDA

View Full Version : Rmt [ou] speed team

Ryan Nissan
10-23-2008, 12:57 AM
I've been using this team, and I like it , but it sucks and everyone just keeps haxxing me. It needs improvements.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa482.png
252 speed/252 sp Attack/6 attack
Naive
Choice Scarf
Fire Blast
Explosion
Stealth Rock
Trick

My own Azelf set. This is here to stay- it's netted me a 6-0 before on a really good player. Why so much Speed? It's to give to another slow pokemon, like blissey or swampert, to let you free and still have a lot of speed. This Azelf needs no STAB move, as Fireblast is the primary move of choice.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa392.png
252 sp Attack/24 attack/ 232 speed
Naive
Life orb
Vacuum Wave
Hidden power ICE 70
Fireblast
Close combat
Vacuum wave help kill a focus sashed Azelf, among other things. This set works pretty well in the plat. metagame, too. Standard mixape otherwise.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa251.png
36 speed/252 hp/220 defense
Bold
Lefties
Thunder Wave
Leech seed
Grass knot
Recover

Standard phys. wall with thunder wave for team support

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa073.png
204 HP / 96 SpA / 172 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm
Lefties
Surf
Ice beam
Knock off
Toxic spikes

Really great special wall. Should I switch icebeam to sludge bomb here?

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa212.png
24 defense/252 attack/ 232 hp
Adamant
life orb
Swords dance
Superpower
Bullet Punch
Quick attack

I used the standard swords dance set with superpower.
Great physical sweeper, perfect for this team and kills alot with superpower. Quick attack kits what Superpower doesn't. Bullet punch for Gengar and other ghosts with I don't have the time to name.

I need help choosing a final member of this team. Can anyone give me a good Zapdos with HP Grass and some good iv's for hp grass 70?

I accept constructive critisicism.

Thank you

Psychedelic Shroomish
10-23-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't feel like giving a full rate of this team right now, but I'm just going to say that I would definitely keep Bullet Punch on Scizor. You can't do anything to ghosts with that current set right now of Quick Attack and Superpower. Bullet Punch + STAB + Technician = a 90 BP priority move. You can even 2HKO Gliscor and some of those other foolish goons with Bullet Punch, if you have a Life Orb! KEEP IT!!11 OMG!!!11 LOLOLOL!!

-Holland-
10-23-2008, 11:46 PM
I don't feel like giving a full rate of this team right now, but I'm just going to say that I would definitely keep Bullet Punch on Scizor. You can't do anything to ghosts with that current set right now of Quick Attack and Superpower. Bullet Punch + STAB + Technician = a 90 BP priority move. You can even 2HKO Gliscor and some of those other foolish goons with Bullet Punch, if you have a Life Orb! KEEP IT!!11 OMG!!!11 LOLOLOL!!

Bullet Punch usually combos better with Superpower due to it's general neutrality on everything, and you can always forgo Roost for Quick Attack, which will allow Scizor to beat the living hell out of faster Water types like Starmie and especially Kingdra (although not necessarily OHKO them, unless you manage two Swords Dances). Just know that Bullet Punch doesn't "suck" on Scizor. With its general neutrality coverage and wondrous abuse of Technician, it is capable of the most powerful sweepers in the OU metagame, especially if he gets a Swords Dance. It only "sucks" because you probably bring him out too early, only to witness a sudden reprisal by Zapdos or Heatran. I'll have you know, Bullet Punch after a Swords Dance OHKOs all Tyranitar that don't invest in Defense significantly, and 2HKOs without Swords Dance. That knowledge alone makes Scizor an excellent counter for the ever-troublesome Mamoswine as well.

However, if you do make a priority attacker out of him, Scizor becomes more or less a "buffer sweeper" for the rest of your Pokemon, softening up troublesome goons like Deoxys, Infernape, Azelf, and the aforementioned Starmie. It's nearly impossible for Scizor to perform full sweeps, given the ubiquity of Heatran and Zapdos these days, but performing the role of the middle man makes him extremely useful.

Ryan Nissan
10-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Bullet Punch usually combos better with Superpower due to it's general neutrality on everything, and you can always forgo Roost for Quick Attack, which will allow Scizor to beat the living hell out of faster Water types like Starmie and especially Kingdra (although not necessarily OHKO them, unless you manage two Swords Dances). Just know that Bullet Punch doesn't "suck" on Scizor. With its general neutrality coverage and wondrous abuse of Technician, it is capable of the most powerful sweepers in the OU metagame, especially if he gets a Swords Dance. It only "sucks" because you probably bring him out too early, only to witness a sudden reprisal by Zapdos or Heatran. I'll have you know, Bullet Punch after a Swords Dance OHKOs all Tyranitar that don't invest in Defense significantly, and 2HKOs without Swords Dance. That knowledge alone makes Scizor an excellent counter for the ever-troublesome Mamoswine as well.

However, if you do make a priority attacker out of him, Scizor becomes more or less a "buffer sweeper" for the rest of your Pokemon, softening up troublesome goons like Deoxys, Infernape, Azelf, and the aforementioned Starmie. It's nearly impossible for Scizor to perform full sweeps, given the ubiquity of Heatran and Zapdos these days, but performing the role of the middle man makes him extremely useful.

WOW.

Your advice helped me a get a KO last night. Thanks. Anything to say for the rest of the team?

Verystrait42
10-24-2008, 04:01 PM
I thought I gave you a zapdos.

Ryan Nissan
10-24-2008, 11:18 PM
I thought I gave you a zapdos.It's A hack, on average, it takes 50% less damage than it should in battle, even Alonzo PMed me using damage calcs and stuff and how it's hacked badly.

-Holland-
10-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Well...

I like Azelf's priority to out-speed every feasible thing he would even have to out-speed without being screwed over, most notably Timid Scarf Gengar and Modest Scarf Sky Shaymin. The coverage is rather"okay", but I do understand its intent as a utility lead, and especially its ability to use Trick. I really like the idea, and knowing that you can Trick Choice Scarf unto Blissey as it switches in for Swampert or Hippowdon or something is really nice.

I like this Infernape, but Vacuum Wave really doesn't avail him much, especially since Swampert will switch in with glee once he sees you throwing HP Ice around. And, since you don't have Grass Knot to OHKO him, you'll have to switch out or die. I guess this team has a reliable counter to Swampert in Celebi, but switching out often can adversely affect you, as the opponent may pick up on your weaknesses and try to set up on you. Infernape is one of those Pokemon where the standard set is so effective that the fact is nearly incontrovertible. As such, you might as well stick to the standard all-out attacking Infernape.

Thunder Wave is one of the best moves Celebi can have, as he has the STAB Grass moves to kill Grounds and the excellent defenses to use the move. I'm not saying you need Thunder Wave, but it'll be a very helpful asset to this team, especially since it combos relatively well with Azelf's Choice Scarf Tricking, a proposition capable of completely nullifying the effectiveness of many leads, most notably Deoxys-S. Given that this Celebi really doesn't have that many Special Attack EVs to warrant trying to kill much, Earth Power is not that helpful, as it only kills Heatran on a switch-in (he'll kill you otherwise), and doesn't hurt Gengar at all; and we all know that Gengar loves to switch in on Celebi, unless Celebi has Psychic waiting in the wings. Of course, again, standards can be very good, as HP Fire will assault other Grass types who will try to wall Leech Seed (and hurts Skarmory and Magnezone), and HP Ice will do the same (but this is a good defense measure against any Flygons or Salamences you may see coming). However, over Earth Power, I most strongly recommend Thunder Wave. Then again, I'm not sure how long you intend to make Celebi stay in at any one time.

I love Tentacruel. He's not necessarily a special wall, but a really good utility with damn good Special Defense and the ability to absorb Toxic Spikes. Rapid Spin support isn't quintessential to this team's survival, so I don't have to recommend it. However, while Ice Beam is a great option on Tentacruel, HP Electric may also be viable, as it will hurt any Gyarados (who is rather irksome to this team) you might expect to come in. Sludge Bomb is a good option to try and poison anything that flies, but I usually find it rather useless, as the poison rate is kind of low, Poison has bad coverage, and physical attackers tend to blatantly prey on Tentacruel's weak Defense stat rather quickly. Thus, it's not worth the chance most of the time. You might as well close in for the kill or run.

And Scizor, well, I've already discusssed this.

TatankaToT
10-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Sludge Bomb is a good option to try and poison anything that flies, but I usually find it rather useless, as the poison rate is kind of low, Poison has bad coverage, and physical attackers tend to blatantly prey on Tentacruel's weak Defense stat rather quickly. Thus, it's not worth the chance most of the time. You might as well close in for the kill or run.

And Scizor, well, I've already discusssed this.

Sludge bomb gives tentacruel an option against other water and grass types. I mean ice beam has obvious upside, but are you really going to be seeing many more dragons than a salamence variation (CB/DD/whatever)? It's probably smarter to carry something else to deal with them (I expect that we'll be seeing somewhat of an increase in flygon usage).

Verystrait42
10-25-2008, 01:29 PM
lol, ok. How many times have you called pokemon hacked in the last 2 days? :) I know it is made with pokesav, but It has no hacks.

-Holland-
10-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Sludge bomb gives tentacruel an option against other water and grass types. I mean ice beam has obvious upside, but are you really going to be seeing many more dragons than a salamence variation (CB/DD/whatever)? It's probably smarter to carry something else to deal with them (I expect that we'll be seeing somewhat of an increase in flygon usage).

Well, that's true, but when counting the STAB from Sludge Bomb, HP Electric 70 still does more to Water types, aside from Ludicolo. I do understand that Tentacruel is a good choice to deal with Grass types, though, given his high Special Defense stat. Gyarados just seems to be problematic to this team.

Ryan Nissan
10-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Any more rates? At all?