PDA

View Full Version : Rate My Super Team

charizard ex
10-26-2008, 05:37 AM
Heres my team i don't want a rating like 9/10 i want you to say what pokemon i should switch out or what moves i should teach my pokemon

Deoxys
naughty nature
superpower,psycho boost,psychic,recover
pressure

skarmory
impish
spikes,roar,steel wing,roost
keen eye

forretress
impish
stealth rock,gyro ball,rapid spin,explosion
sturdy

magmortar
modest
flamethrower,thuderbolt,focus blast,overheat
flame body

rampardos
adamant
rock polish,zen heabutt,earthquake,stone edge
mold breaker

arcanine
adamant
crunch,flare blitz,thunder fang,extremespeed
flash fire

Dark Turtwig
10-26-2008, 06:06 AM
I am not going to rate the full team, but I'll help with some movesets.
Okay, here goes:

Forretress@ Leftovers
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball

you want to have Toxic Spikes on your team, so you can hit flying types, and with Stealth Rock as well. Forry can learn spikes, so you want to have Steath Rock on Skarmory instead.

Skarmory@ Leftovers
Steel Wing/Drill Peck
Roost
Stealth Rock
Roar

It's around 11:00 pm where I live, so I'm gonna get a little sleep. I have to get up early tomorrow.

charizard ex
10-26-2008, 06:21 AM
ok thanks

charizard ex
10-28-2008, 01:44 AM
any more comments

Verystrait42
10-28-2008, 02:44 AM
all deoxys are uber, and I don't quite think this could stand up in the ubers ladder. and btw, 9/10

charizard ex
10-28-2008, 03:48 AM
yes i found out that deoxys is an uber i posted this before they said that deoxys is an uber

Viva la Gofre
10-28-2008, 11:09 AM
yes i found out that deoxys is an uber i posted this before they said that deoxys is an uber
Regular deoxys has always been uber, and that is most certainly not the speed form.

We need EV spreads and items if we are to help

As for moveset changes:

*Steel wing is one of the most laughable moves ever. Drill peck in it's place, or Brave bird if you don't mind recoil
*Relaxed>>>Impish of forretress for a bigger gyro ball boost. You don't really need skarm and forry since they're both largely doing the same job.
*HP ice over flamethrower or overheat on magmortar, it offers far better coverage than two STAB moves.
*Crunch or Head Smash over Zen Headbutt on rampardos, it gives 0 coverage and isn't even strong.

charizard ex
10-28-2008, 01:50 PM
ok thanks for telling me

Master Aqua
10-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Try an azelf lead! Scince deoxys is uber.............

azelf
focus sash
eves - 252special attack and speed 6hp
move set
psychic
explosion
taunt
stealth rock/thunderbolt

IceTime
11-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Well for starters, those numbers look to me like the stats of the pokes, so i'll take it as that.

Deoxys
naughty nature
superpower,psycho boost,psychic,recover
pressure

Well you know that its uber, all forms. The azelf lead is nice, just think of a new one, i'll leave you to think of one, for now i won't rate the lead.

skarmory
impish
spikes,roar,steel wing,roost
keen eye

For skarmory, the physical threats that it's going to be switching into normally take more damage from brave bird/drill peck than steel wing. Steel Wing has sub par usage and perhaps once in a while is used on Banded Honchkrow for the 2HKO on 4HP/0DEF Tyranitar, but thats all just novelty. Brave Bird > Steel Wing. The rest is pretty standard.

forretress
impish
stealth rock,gyro ball,rapid spin,explosion
sturdy

well an extra physical wall isnt needed, you could go for skarmbliss, or skarmpert for a walling combo, i just don't see the need for forretress as it doesn't have a purpose on the team.

magmortar
modest
flamethrower,thuderbolt,focus blast,overheat
flame body

It's Thunderbolt. with this you might go specs, although with Heatran around Magmortar is overshadowed by its offensive prowess. It's still good though. Oh and choose Lava Plume over flamethrower and overheat and slap HP Ice in, like they said. For one magmortar is one of the pokes that prefer Lava Plume's Burn Rate over power, and it can really hurt Snorlax switch ins.

rampardos
adamant
rock polish,zen heabutt,earthquake,stone edge
mold breaker

Head Smash>Zen Headbutt, regardless of heracross. rock polish is bad due to Rampardos' overall frailty. unless you want focus sash to be slapped onto it. Scarfed it poses a threat, but i dont see any item, so i'll have to say that this pokemon is just filler for you, or maybe you were attracted by its attack?

arcanine
adamant
crunch,flare blitz,thunder fang,extremespeed
flash fire

well theres my theory that the numbers were the stats gone poop. no poke has 5 stats. anyway its a relatively okay set, but Arcanine is not the best physical sweeper that can hurt with these moves. Infernape can go Flare Blitz, ThunderPunch, Mach Punch, and a random move (actually thats a bad set, but just illustrating to you there are better choices) I'd say switch this out for something that can take out swampert.

i'll be very honest, this team will not fare well in the metagame. Swampert for one destroys this team with little effort, as can be said of suicune. Bulky Waters screw this team up 100%, and theres nothing you do to solve this problem. Tyranitar also destroys you, and nothing short of Magmortar's Focus Blast can solve this problem, but its weak to earthquake. Granted you say Rampardos' own earthquake, but its paper defenses mean it cannot take a switch in, and the moment rampardo's comes in, tyranitar is free to go out. Heatran also eats you for breakfast, particularly the handful who don't run choice. Once heatran gets a sub up, you're dead, as none of your pokes can do anything to ruin it. Heatran/Vaporeon is a common seen combo, and there is nothing your team can do to these things. You can't even handle sweepers such as MixApe and all your sweepers are prone to cleanup by dugtrio. Special sweepers are not tanked by anything, and they run amok on your team too.

I say go back and think carefully and rebuild your team, consider all threats, and you will definitely improve.