PDA

View Full Version : Rate My Team!...plz?

Cookie Monsta
10-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Hi I was wondering if you can help me improve my team if possible thanks.

===================================

Electivire - Leftovers
Hasty nature

-Thunder Punch
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Cross Chop

Magmortar - None
Modest nature

-Flamethrower
-Sunny Day
-Thunderbolt
-Solar Beam

Suicune - Leftovers
Timid nature

-Hydro Pump
-Aurora Beam
-BubbleBeam
-Extrasensory

Torterra - Meadow Plate
Serious nature

-Earthquake
-Leaf Storm
-Stone Edge
-Crunch (for any ghost type that piss me off)

Gengar - Life Orb
Timid nature

-Dream Eater
-Dark Pulse
-Destiny Bond
-Nightmare

Yanmega - None
Quiet nature

-Protect
-Ice Beam
-Air Slash
-Bug Buzz

Any help and tips would be freat, thanks to all who contribute to this thread. :biggrin:

dizzykitty
11-02-2008, 04:58 PM
How are you going to use Dream Eater and Nightmare if you don't have a move that puts a pokemon to sleep?

Viva la Gofre
11-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi I was wondering if you can help me improve my team if possible thanks.

Electivire - Expert Belt/Life Orb
Adamantnature
252Att/252Spd/6HP

-Thunder Punch
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Cross Chop
Moves are fine, but the poke itself just doesn't really cut it. While it scores super-effective hits on a lot of stuff, anything that it doesnt will royally screw him over.

Magmortar - Choice Specs
Modest nature
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP

-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
Sunnybeaming is just plain awful on teams that aren't built around it. Look what it does:
* Suicune and magmortar esentially lose their fire resists
* Torterra and yanmega have their fire weaknesses increased
*Everything else gains a half-weakness to fire

And for what? Flamethrower gets slightly stronger and you get a move with poor coverage to attack every turn. It's not even worth the trade off. Use the standard Specs Set.
==================================
Suicune - Leftovers
Timid nature

-Hydro Pump
-Aurora Beam
-BubbleBeam
-Extrasensory

Seriously? Nobody in their right minds would use any of those 3 bottom moves, and suicune never runs Hydro Pump either. Let's start again:

Suicune@Leftovers
Bold
252HP/252Def/6SpAtt
Calm Mind
Surf
Roar
Ice Beam/HP Electric

Torterra - Leftovers
Impishnature
212HP/252Def/44Spd

-Earthquake/Stone Edge
-Wood Hammer
-Leech Seed
-Stealth Rock
Most ghosts are very frail, and the ones that aren't beat you up anyway. That aside, Meadow Plate is a horrible item. A 10% to only one move on the set? It's hardly worth using. Neutral natures are always poor, since you almost always have a stat you won't use. Torterra should never be using their SpAtt stat, since leaf storm is terrible compared to wood hammer. Leech seed allows torterra to tank, and SR is for setting up.

Gengar - Life Orb
Timid nature

-Dream Eater
-Dark Pulse
-Destiny Bond
-Nightmare

Again, let's start again. As said by the above poster, two sleep-exclusive moves are usless at the best of times (Neither should ever be used), and you don't even have a move to put them to sleep with! Waiting for pokes with rest to use that is pointless too, since they're just gonna rest off the damage straight away :| Dark pulse does nothing that shadow ball can't, and shadow ball gets STAB. What Gengar does is sweep, and as such looks like this:

Gengar@Life Orb/Wide Lense
Timid
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
If this is for platinum then Hypnosis isn't too great because of the accuracy drop. As such you may prefer to use Hidden Power Ice (For gliscor and dragons) or Energy ball (For swampert) in its place.

Yanmega - Life Orb/Petaya Berry
Modestnature
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP

-Hypnosis/Substitute
-HP Ice/HP Ground
-Air Slash
-Bug Buzz
First up, yanmega doesn't get Ice beam. Hidden Power please. Next, protect achieves very little past activating speed boost, which is something sub or hypnosis can do while actually helping yanmega.

Any help and tips would be freat, thanks to all who contribute to this thread. :biggrin:

If this team is for in-game, then it's fine and ignore everything I've said. For competetive play, however, you're gonna have to do a complete overhaul, and possibly restart altogether. Read around this site, learn about EV training and team composition, and repost when you've put together a proper wifi team.

atucker22
11-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Electrive, Magmortar, and Torterra would be an OK in game Battle Tower team if you give Magmortar an item like Focus Band or something