PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Alchemist

Daniella Defines Divinity
06-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Well I got the first volume a couple of days ago and it was one of those animes that you just sink right into. It's really, REALLY good. The first couple of episodes are very dark though, but overall it's just an amazing anime.

Opinions? Does it get better later in the series? XP

Thomas-san
06-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Well after I saw the first couple of episodes of FMA I was hooked! I have the first 26 english episodes and I can't wait until adult swim finishes the run because I want to see the rest.

And to answer your question yes it gets so much better!!!!!!!!

The Elite Ygseto
06-17-2005, 02:02 AM
I acctually have been wacthing Samuria Chapmloo and That a coupl;e times now, and i really like them. I'm thinking about picking up a few of the DVDs

Dog of Hellsing
06-19-2005, 06:28 PM
FMA is pretty good. My mom likes it a lot, and she also likes that Samurai Champloo. That one is just weird...>_>...not as weird as Fooly Cooly (is it even POSSIBLE for something to be as weird as this?), but weird enough.

Anyways, FMA is good. It's pretty funny too, a good way to let off some steam if you're angry about something. Just watch some of the funnier eps.

TDD91
06-19-2005, 06:48 PM
Wherebouts did ya get it from Dani? Us Northerners are often denied stuff liek this. =P

06-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Wherebouts did ya get it from Dani? Us Northerners are often denied stuff liek this. =P

Then look to the internet. www.play.com, it's cheaper than in the shops aswell which always helps ^_^ But if you can't buy stuff online then HMV and Borders stock it occasionaly

TDD91
06-19-2005, 07:51 PM
I'll take a gander in HMV next time im in town. What price range will I be lookin to pay approx?

06-19-2005, 07:59 PM
I'll take a gander in HMV next time im in town. What price range will I be lookin to pay approx?

You might have cheaper prices up north, it's the same cost as a normal DVD. so aroud £15- £20

TDD91
06-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Thats a few weeks savin up then, and we possibly are cheaper cause you southerners are all rich barstewards. =P

MystiKal
06-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Ah FMA is a great anime it's one of my favorites I never miss it on AS.

The Elite Ygseto
06-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Thats a few weeks savin up then, and we possibly are cheaper cause you southerners are all rich barstewards. =P
I'm a southerner, Dani is from London. (Or somewhere around there.)

Hypocrisy is Fun
06-26-2005, 06:43 AM
FullMetalAlchamist is a pretty good anime. Some things didnt make sence though because the other side of the gate has airplanes, when Earth should =/ I liked all the episodeds but i think it would of been better if Al kept his memorys after he was turned into the philoserstone and became a kid again...
Ed gave him his body and soul but his memorys didnt come in the package :confused: Mustang shouldnt of got shot in the eye...he looks like the evil boss who betrayed them :oops:

Mr.Bananas
06-26-2005, 06:36 PM
FullMetalAlchamist is a pretty good anime. Some things didnt make sence though because the other side of the gate has airplanes, when Earth should =/ I liked all the episodeds but i think it would of been better if Al kept his memorys after he was turned into the philoserstone and became a kid again...
Ed gave him his body and soul but his memorys didnt come in the package :confused: Mustang shouldnt of got shot in the eye...he looks like the evil boss who betrayed them :oops:

Thank you for spoiling the anime :evil: :susp:

Genesis 1.0
06-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Thankfully for most of you, his bad grammar and lack of text spacing makes the info almost useless.

TDD91
06-27-2005, 09:15 AM
I'm a southerner, Dani is from London. (Or somewhere around there.)

I know, we're form the same country. Im in the north, she';s in the south. =P Stereotypically, Southerners = Richer than Northerners

Dog of Hellsing
06-27-2005, 03:48 PM

Yeah, next time you post something like this, you need to post :::SPOILER ALERT::: or something like that before anything else. You have to respect the people who haven't been watching the anime for too long or who haven't started watching it yet and want to. Things like this ruin it for them.

06-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Nooooooo It's been spoiled for me now

*Sits in a corner and cries*

:tongue:

Jeikobu
06-28-2005, 02:07 AM
FMA is worthy of the title of best ever anime series. It's simply excellent. I have all 3 domestically released volumes so far and will go after 4 and on as they release (just so you know, vol. 4 will be out 7/26, and 5 will be out 9/20).

Genesis 1.0
06-29-2005, 01:48 AM
I agree totally, FMA is one of the best Anime I've seen in a while, it's got alot of elements that I enjoy and when I least expect it, a laugh.

Miles ahead of Full Metal Panic.

Hypocrisy is Fun
06-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Thank you for spoiling the anime :evil: :susp:
Sorry no one ever said not to spoil it =p

Dog of Hellsing
07-01-2005, 12:43 AM
I agree totally, FMA is one of the best Anime I've seen in a while, it's got alot of elements that I enjoy and when I least expect it, a laugh.

Miles ahead of Full Metal Panic.

FMA does have some laughs packed in. FMP is okay, but it's not as good as Fumoffu (the FMP sequel).

LittleBuster
07-02-2005, 03:53 AM
FMA is an awsome anime, never miss an episode on Adult Swin (even if it is dubbed, better than nothing)

SPOILER ALERT:

Usually I don't cry until the last episode of the series but the death of Hughes, that was sad. For a desk worker, he was awsome.

ElimN8
07-02-2005, 05:14 AM

Miles ahead of Full Metal Panic.Is FMP related, or something completely different? I've seen the DVDs around but never actually been able to watch it.

07-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Is FMP related, or something completely different? I've seen the DVDs around but never actually been able to watch it.

Completely different

FMP is some army guy has to protect some special high school girl, and he can pilot giant robots.

I actually think it's pretty good, the manga anyway, haven't seen the anime version. The robot thing isn't overdone, and there are some funny moments

Dita_Paiway
07-04-2005, 03:29 AM
Cam someone tell me the charecter in my avatar?

Pichu
07-08-2005, 02:36 AM
I've only watched it a few times...some episodes we're good others didnt interest me...It's a pretty good show though.

Genesis 1.0
07-09-2005, 02:24 AM
lol, when Winry whacked Ed, Al, and those 2 conartist with the wrench: Pure Gold.

DaRkUmBrEoN
07-09-2005, 07:56 AM
I've watched untill eps. 21, but really, really, REALLY :dazed: hope Ed smacks Mustung in his face. He deserves that, trying to make sparks in the rain. Stupid, stupid.... :susp:

It's getting much more a laugh when Al and Ed are being compared in height. Ed's reaction is priceless.

Genesis 1.0
07-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Mustang & Greed are the two coolest charecters in the entire show, IMO. Heh, and Armstrong isn't too bad either.

Ierdar
07-10-2005, 04:22 AM
FMA is worthy of the title of best ever anime series. It's simply excellent. I have all 3 domestically released volumes so far and will go after 4 and on as they release (just so you know, vol. 4 will be out 7/26, and 5 will be out 9/20).

It makes InuYasha look like pokemon. =D *wuvs FMA*

Raine
07-10-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm currently watching it.

But so far I don't like it. Even most of the characters get on my nerves.

Pichu
07-14-2005, 05:20 PM
That episode called "mother" was sad.....I just watched it like last night and it made me sad lol.

DaRkUmBrEoN
07-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Yeah I had that too. While I was watching, I was thinking can it get any sadder than this. And when it ended, I thought: "wow :crackup: , this is so good! I want more!"

masterryanx
07-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Yeah I had that too. While I was watching, I was thinking can it get any sadder than this. And when it ended, I thought: "wow :crackup: , this is so good! I want more!"

Same here....

Pryce
07-15-2005, 02:38 AM
Not the biggest fan of Fullmetal Alchemist, but I have seen a few episodes. I like what I've seen and the only episode I've seen fully is that "Mother" episode. Sad one...

I have a friend who is so obsessed over the show, he's going to an anime convetion tomorrow with some friends dressed up as the characters except for one of them who is going as Vash from Trigun who is making most of the costumes. Boy, is he going to be out of place.

Aya
07-15-2005, 03:57 AM
I think its a good show. The thing is that its way to sad for me. Too many deaths.

Edward Elric
11-04-2005, 12:13 AM
FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST IS THE COOLEST ANIMÉ EVER CREATED!!!!!!!! I am obsessed with it! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Spoiler-
Envy kills Ed and Hughes! *sob sob*

Tamer Marco
11-04-2005, 01:08 AM
FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST IS THE COOLEST ANIMÉ EVER CREATED!!!!!!!! I am obsessed with it! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Spoiler-
Envy kills Ed and Hughes! *sob sob*
Dude, you need to resize your signature. PLEASE. Anyway, Full Metal Alchemist is a cool show. I think the newer episodes are a lot stranger though.

DarkMasterX
11-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Too many crying in that show. Almost every single damn episode has someone crying. Don't beleive me? Watch any episode and I guarantee someone will cry sooner or later.

DaRkUmBrEoN
11-04-2005, 05:32 AM
That's called being realistic.

Heck, I rather watch FMA, than bobobo... The only crying there, is of bad jokes and kicks to the heads.

Edward Elric
11-04-2005, 04:43 PM
*nod nod* I agree. But the crying sets the mood. It IS the saddest anime.

DarkMasterX
11-04-2005, 07:23 PM
That's called being realistic.

Heck, I rather watch FMA, than bobobo... The only crying there, is of bad jokes and kicks to the heads.

BLASPHEMY!

*throws acid on DU*

Bobobo > All anime ever created

And how is continuous crying realistic? I don't cry every single damn day, and I'm pretty sure other people don't either.

Grimdour the Rampager
11-04-2005, 07:28 PM
BLASPHEMY!

*throws acid on DU*

And how is continuous crying realistic? I don't cry every single damn day, and I'm pretty sure other people don't either.
It's kind of a sad, and kinda realistic storyline. And I bet about three episodes are set on a single day, that's why the sad stuff last long. But I haven't seen ANY episodes here in Wales.....:(

TMTS
11-04-2005, 07:42 PM
*nod nod* I agree. But the crying sets the mood. It IS the saddest anime.
There are much sader anime out there. "Grave of the Fireflies" Is supposed to be much more of a tearjerker, but I've yet to see it myself. I think your basing your opinion off your obsession, really.

And, in the event your signature was true (needs to be resized), it's "bad taste syndrome"... :susp: If you're going to say something stupid, at least spell it right....

Anyway the English theme for the series is very good. ^^ L'Arc~En~Ciel Rocks.

DaRkUmBrEoN
11-04-2005, 08:31 PM
BLASPHEMY!
*throws acid on DU*
Auch!!! That hurts!

And how is continuous crying realistic? I don't cry every single damn day, and I'm pretty sure other people don't either.A afro-haired snake-moustached guy saving the world or something like that with a walking sunrock as sidekick... WTF!!! I so would like to hear your definition of a sick world!

Anyway the English theme for the series is very good. ^^ L'Arc~En~Ciel Rocks. Damn right!
~Ready Steady can't hold me back. Ready Steady give me good luck. Ready Steady never look back. Let's get started Ready Steady GO!!!~

Tamer Marco
11-04-2005, 08:40 PM
A afro-haired snake-moustached guy saving the world or something like that with a walking sunrock as sidekick... WTF!!! I so would like to hear your definition of a sick world!

Dude... Bo bobo is the coolest anime to ever be created. Don't be stupid. :P

Fullmetal Alchemist does have a a lot of crying in it. Still, its a good anime.

DaRkUmBrEoN
11-04-2005, 08:42 PM
I never said it was a bad anime. I said it was strange.

Tamer Marco
11-04-2005, 08:43 PM
I never said it was a bad anime. I said it was strange.
Thats the whole point.

Surly Professor
11-07-2005, 01:41 AM
Snake mustache? Those are nose hairs. lol

FMA is pretty good. I enjoy it more than I thought from all the hype. I guess what I like most about it is all the interesting ways people can be altered /created, and the blur of life, death, and existence.

DarkMasterX
11-07-2005, 03:08 AM

Fullmetal Alchemist does have a a lot of crying in it. Still, its a good anime.

Omg, I love you now, Marco.

Hypocrisy is Fun
11-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Why'd you guys have to bring this back? Im ashamed of it.:redface: Oh well

Togepi
12-22-2005, 08:00 PM
If you want to know how the series ends iw will tell you right here:
Envy kills Ed

EspeonSun
12-24-2005, 01:26 AM
Cam someone tell me the charecter in my avatar?
That`s off topic. And that`s Shomeruu from Inuyasha.

Anyways I have the first manga and I love it! I like the anime verson too.

Broken_Wings
02-05-2006, 05:08 PM
I love FMA! Its just a great story. Ed is cool, but Winry is cute, Roy is funny, and Alex Louis Armstrong is just wierd. Anyways, I'm only on episode 39 in Japanese, seen 11 and 12 in English and I've got the Movie fansubbed high quality on DVD.

Dog of Hellsing
02-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Broken_Wings, please don't revive threads over a month old, okay? ^^ Here's a link to the rules in case you missed them when you joined:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28

dark magican girl
03-26-2006, 09:39 PM
I think the show rules but it is not on that much latly or I might just be missing it

::JD::
03-27-2006, 02:08 AM
I think the show rules but it is not on that much latly or I might just be missing it
I think you should've read the previous post before posting.

dark magican girl
03-28-2006, 12:26 AM
now it will be on to night or that is what my cousin said