PDA

View Full Version : Rate mah UU Team.

Dark Turtwig
10-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Okay, I am going to have a team pokesav'd for me, and I want to know if it is going to work. Anyway, here goes.

Absol@ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense
Sucker Punch (His Main Attack)
Psycho Cut
X-Scissor
?
I'm not going to have this guy as a Swords Dancer, probably, since he already will have Max 394 attack, plus Life Orb. Sucker Punch is a priority attack, so he will most likely be a lead, to take out the frail sweepers.

Ninetails@ Wide Lens
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Fire Blast
Hypnosis
Nasty Plot
Energy Ball

The main strategy here is to do Hypnosis, then pull in a Nasty Plot, maybe two, while the opponent is asleep/switching out. Fire Blast replaces Flamethrower for more power, and boosted accuracy with Wide Lens, to make Hypnosis more accurate as well.

Hitmonlee@ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 whatever.
Reversal
Counter
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Here, I have Focus Sash, so I can survive with one HP, then have Reversal as a 200 base power attack, and/or, if it was a Physical attack, Counter for a guarenteed OHKO.

Froslass@ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 6 HP
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Psychic

Here, there isn't much strategy. Just come in, outspeed the Opponent, and get a potent attack in, that's super effective.

Drapion@ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Taunt
Toxic Spikes
Crunch
Earthquake

Here, I don't know if I should choose Knock off over EQ. Knock off could be handy, getting rid of Choice Bands/Scarfs, but he needs another attack besides Crunch IMO.

Bastiodon@Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
Metal Burst
Stealth Rock
Iron Head
EQ

Here on Bastiodon, Metal Burst is his best attack. It's like Counter and Mirror coat in one! Realxed Nature, so it cuts his speed, to make SURE he goes last. EQ over Taunt, because I would already have taunt on Drapion, who is also a defensive tank. Stealth Rock just to set up, because every team should have stealth rock. Iron head for STAB, and the occasional Flinch, which is always good, and EQ over Stone Edge, because of better accuracy. I am also debating using Probopass, on the account of better special defense, he can learn Magnet Rise, and he has higher Special attack. But, he can't learn Metal Burst, which is a problem.

So... RATE MAH TEAM!!! :tongue:

Dancing Mad
10-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Alright I don't know that much about UU but there certainly is a better Pokemon to use than Bastidon. If you are looking for something with Counter and Mirror Coat you could use Gastrodon or for a good wall Weezing or Steelix is an excellent choice.

Dark Turtwig
10-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Alright I don't know that much about UU but there certainly is a better Pokemon to use than Bastidon. If you are looking for something with Counter and Mirror Coat you could use Gastrodon or for a good wall Weezing or Steelix is an excellent choice.

Hm.. I did'nt really think about weezing. Weezing can also do a lot more damage than Bastiodon as well.

Viva la Gofre
10-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Can't stop, so a few points:

Absol- Needs something that can hit steels, and with platinum he gained superpower. Use it for the final slot. I also prefer Night Slash>>Sucker punch for reliability but meh.

Ninetales- Hypnosis lost a lot of credibility in platinum, leaving ninetales far more open to being hit and eating up his item slot with wide lense. Dark Pulse or HP ice/electric may be preferable here.

Hitmonlee- I hate countersashing because it leaves you open to priority and the weakest of walls, but that's just me. The sets fine for the intended job though.

Froslass- Psychic is essentially useless, only there for infernape/hera who cannot threaten you anyway. Both are outsped and 2HKO'd by the other 3 moves anyway, making it very difficult for them to switch into anything even if they resist it. HP fighting plox.

Drapion- EVs please. It lets us know how it's orientated. I'll assume 252HP/252Def, so the sets fine for that. Both moves are good choices for that slot, I recommend the second offensive one though.

Bastiodon- The thing sucks, don't use it. Huge defences are all fine and dandy until you see the poor typing and movepool backing it up.

Overall, it's not a bad team. However it's largely sweeper based and only backed up by the poor walling of bastiodon and the possible walling of drapion. Consider making drapion the resTalk variant, and switch bastiodon for a special sponge. Articuno could work, since this team would very much like a ground immunity.

SaixPuppy
10-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Okay, I am going to have a team pokesav'd for me, and I want to know if it is going to work. Anyway, here goes.

Absol@ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense
Sucker Punch (His Main Attack)
Psycho Cut
X-Scissor
?
I'm not going to have this guy as a Swords Dancer, probably, since he already will have Max 394 attack, plus Life Orb. Sucker Punch is a priority attack, so he will most likely be a lead, to take out the frail sweepers.

Ninetails@ Wide Lens
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Fire Blast
Hypnosis
Nasty Plot
Energy Ball

The main strategy here is to do Hypnosis, then pull in a Nasty Plot, maybe two, while the opponent is asleep/switching out. Fire Blast replaces Flamethrower for more power, and boosted accuracy with Wide Lens, to make Hypnosis more accurate as well.

Hitmonlee@ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 whatever.
Reversal
Counter
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Here, I have Focus Sash, so I can survive with one HP, then have Reversal as a 200 base power attack, and/or, if it was a Physical attack, Counter for a guarenteed OHKO.

Froslass@ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 6 HP
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Psychic

Here, there isn't much strategy. Just come in, outspeed the Opponent, and get a potent attack in, that's super effective.

Drapion@ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Taunt
Toxic Spikes
Crunch
Earthquake

Here, I don't know if I should choose Knock off over EQ. Knock off could be handy, getting rid of Choice Bands/Scarfs, but he needs another attack besides Crunch IMO.

Bastiodon@Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
Metal Burst
Stealth Rock
Iron Head
EQ

Here on Bastiodon, Metal Burst is his best attack. It's like Counter and Mirror coat in one! Realxed Nature, so it cuts his speed, to make SURE he goes last. EQ over Taunt, because I would already have taunt on Drapion, who is also a defensive tank. Stealth Rock just to set up, because every team should have stealth rock. Iron head for STAB, and the occasional Flinch, which is always good, and EQ over Stone Edge, because of better accuracy. I am also debating using Probopass, on the account of better special defense, he can learn Magnet Rise, and he has higher Special attack. But, he can't learn Metal Burst, which is a problem.

So... RATE MAH TEAM!!! :tongue:
awesome team! but 1 question. why is there a ? as Absol's 4th move?

Vlad The Impaler
10-28-2008, 03:50 PM

*smacks head in disbelief* Because he doesn't know what move to use in that slot!

Viva la Gofre
10-28-2008, 03:54 PM
That's not a rate at all...