PDA

View Full Version : Salamence Moveset

MYSTRY MEW
10-26-2008, 11:08 PM
so what do you think would be a good moveset for a timid salamence with hydro pump? I had to breed a bagon with hydro pump for someone and i have a leftover.

It is currently level 1, timid like i said, and has hydro pump. I was thinking somthing along the lines of...

*ev training in speed*
Hydro Pump
Earthquake
some dragon move
then somthing else

also, what would be a good item to make it hold? Your help is appreciated!

Dark Turtwig
10-26-2008, 11:15 PM
This type of thing should go here. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66448)

And make it know Special Attack moves, not any Attacks. Something like this:
Hydro Pump
Flamrthrower/Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor

MYSTRY MEW
10-26-2008, 11:16 PM
This type of thing should go here. (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66448)

And make it know Special Attack moves, not any Attacks. Something like this:
Hydro Pump
Flamrthrower/Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor

sorry and thanks, that sounds good.

Master Aqua
10-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Rember to give it some choice specs to make it specs mence and and I would go for flamthrower on the move set if accurcy concens you.

MYSTRY MEW
10-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Rember to give it some choice specs to make it specs mence and and I would go for flamthrower on the move set if accurcy concens you.

ya thats what i was thinkng about, so this is what im aiming for

Salamence
Choice specs
Timid
Evd in speed
hydro pump
flamethrower
draco meteor (for that extra UMPH)
and dragon pulse

sounds good

but what if i replaced draco meteor with earthquake or somthing similar so as to diversify

Master Aqua
10-26-2008, 11:45 PM

Salamence
Choice specs
Timid
Evd in speed
hydro pump
flamethrower
and dragon pulse

sounds good

but what if i replaced draco meteor with earthquake or somthing similar so as to diversify

If you want diversity go for mixmence wich uses life orb as the held item of choice or go for dragonite if blissey is a burden (reason for dragonite is that it learns focus punch so hurt blissey on any predicted siwtches with it salamence dose get brick break but it's too weak).

don't give up draco meater as it's a power house of a move for salamence as choice specs stab draco meteor can searouly put a dent in things.

Lucky 1276
10-28-2008, 11:57 PM

Salamence
Choice specs
Timid
Evd in speed
hydro pump
flamethrower
and dragon pulse

sounds good

Don't get earthquake. Draco meteor is much better.

Viva la Gofre
10-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Specsmence for the win:

Salamence@Choice Specs
Modest (Timid never really acieves anything and the power boost is huuuge)
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Hydro Pump

Mixmence get's 0 use out of hydro pump so go fully-special. Salamence is one of the few pokes who can pull off two moves of the same type without getting laughed at. Draco Meteor tears cmassive hunks out of anything that doesn't resist it, and dragon pulse is there for late-game sweeping when there is nothing left to safely switch in. Since only steel resist dragon moves, fire blast covers the majority and hydro pump covers the few that remain (Notably heatran). As already mentioned, mixed sets have EV'd EQs and Brick Breaks at their disposal, which do just as much as hydro pump coming off of salamence's superior attack stat. Either go specsmence, or hydro pump is of no use to you.

MYSTRY MEW
10-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Specsmence for the win:

Salamence@Choice Specs
Modest (Timid never really acieves anything and the power boost is huuuge)
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Hydro Pump

Mixmence get's 0 use out of hydro pump so go fully-special. Salamence is one of the few pokes who can pull off two moves of the same type without getting laughed at. Draco Meteor tears cmassive hunks out of anything that doesn't resist it, and dragon pulse is there for late-game sweeping when there is nothing left to safely switch in. Since only steel resist dragon moves, fire blast covers the majority and hydro pump covers the few that remain (Notably heatran). As already mentioned, mixed sets have EV'd EQs and Brick Breaks at their disposal, which do just as much as hydro pump coming off of salamence's superior attack stat. Either go specsmence, or hydro pump is of no use to you.

that kinda sounds like what we have been talking about. But thanks for the explanation. I can keep breedin untill i get modest i guess! but this sounds really good

Viva la Gofre
10-29-2008, 11:05 PM
I know, I just thought I'd elaborate on each particular aspect =]

MYSTRY MEW
10-29-2008, 11:06 PM
I know, I just thought I'd elaborate on each particular aspect =]

ya thanks. And i think i still have gyrados in my ranch. ill find him to breed one with modest nature