PDA

View Full Version : Team Outline

Dragonfyre
10-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Here is a team that I have just started to work out. It is like an initial plan, that needs to be refined, so any help would be awesome!

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Stealth Rock

Weavile @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Night Slash

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP/120 SAtk/216 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt/Recover

Gengar @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 64 Atk/192 SAtk/252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/52 Def/204 SDef
Impish Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Fire Punch
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave

Viva la Gofre
10-28-2008, 11:50 AM
This team is, quite literally, sooo last year:
*Garchomp was banned months ago, he's an uber now.
*SkarmBliss is a very redundant walling combination, and has been for some time, because of the creation of standard mixape. Mixape has the capability to OHKO skarmory with flamethrower and has the exact number of EVs to OHKO standard blissey with Close Combat. Speaking of which...
*That blissey set is completely metagame weak, it dies to many of todays special threats (SpecsLuke 2HKOs with aura sphere iirc) and still dies physical threats to. STandard Bliss please:

Blissey@Leftovers
Calm
252Def/216SpDef/40HP or 252Def/176SpDef/80SpAtt
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Aromatherapy/Ice Beam

First EV spread if you're using aromatherapy, second for ice beam. You always want to go aroma over heal bell for caution, in case you come up against a random skill-swapper :P

Otherwise, sets are all smogon standard and dandy. Don't lead with Skarm, you don't wanna be losing your physical wall in the first turn. I run mine with 252HP/252Def for more bulk, but meh. I also loath mixed gengar and fail to see what it adds to the team that a generic mixed sweeper wouldn't.

I'd recommend bringing in gliscor over skarmory. Even with starmie being a great mixape counter, the fact that one can tear both your walls apart is still a big problem. You also need to replace garchomp with a physical sweeper of your choice.

Dragonfyre
10-29-2008, 03:55 AM
Thanks for that. And I don't think I have done much since last year, so I am a bit out of date. :)

I changed Blissey to the one you recommended, and I have replaced Garchomp with Weavile and Skarmory with Gliscor. I just used the standard Smogon sets.

What should I lead with?

The_Seventieth_Evil
10-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Weavile anti-lead (as in it hurts your opponents leads)

Jolly @ Expert Belt /Life Orb
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Pressure
~Fake Out / Brick Break / Aerial Ace
~Substitute
~Ice Shard / Ice Punch
~Night Slash / Bite

A Smeargle can breed this kinda quickly. Fake Out first. Substitute or attack according to your foe. Brick Break for Blissey, Empoleon, Heatran, Tyranitar, Weavile, and sometimes Lucario. Aerial Ace to hit Heracross, Breloom, and Infernape.

Pokemon that are generally speedy are good leads. As are Pokemon for set-up of Stealth Rock. Attacks like "Quick Attack" and its cousins make for good start. Just don't expect Lucario leads to work all the time.

Walls and higher defensive Pokemon are usually worth a look.

Viva la Gofre
10-29-2008, 11:15 AM
As said above, weavile makes a great lead, but since he's going to be your only physical sweeper I'd recommend using the set you have, or using the SD variant (Life Orb/Expert Belt for item and SD over pursuit). Anti-leads are very awkward to play mid-late game, and you'll be relying on weavile to eliminate special walls and the like. Likewise I've never had any problems leading with a generic weavile, so I'dstick to the one you have or the SD version =]

Verystrait42
10-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Good mixapes also destroy gliscor with HP ice, and also, Gliscor needs ice fang > AA

-Holland-
10-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Good mixapes also destroy gliscor with HP ice, and also, Gliscor needs ice fang > AA

Ice Fang is actually a bit useless on Gliscor now that Garchomp is gone, as Salamence is inherently faster and puts you at risk of Hydro Pump or Draco Meteor, and Sky Shaymin obliterates Gliscor pretty much all day. Even Flygon can threaten to down Gliscor with Choice Specs, or simply retreat with U-Turn. Being the best Heracross wall in the game, Gliscor should be able to kill the damn thing with that good Attack stat of his. Moreover, Aerial Ace gets useful STAB and helps him maintain respectable offense while walling.

Dragonfyre
10-30-2008, 05:16 PM
I've changed my lead to Gliscor. Thanks for all the tips.