PDA

View Full Version : TrickGar

Verystrait42
10-30-2008, 11:53 PM
I need a good TrickGar set.

Dark Turtwig
10-30-2008, 11:54 PM
post in the moveset requests thread. It's in the D/P strategy forum, stickied.

Master Aqua
10-31-2008, 10:41 AM
you could go for

gengar
timid
item choice item any scarf, band, specs
eves 252 speed and special attack 6hp
move set
trick
shadow ball
thunderbolt
hypnois/focus blast

-Holland-
10-31-2008, 11:21 PM
you could go for

gengar
timid
item choice item any scarf, band, specs
eves 252 speed and special attack 6hp
move set
trick
shadow ball
thunderbolt
hypnois/focus blast

I don't know...Hypnosis is really unreliable nowadays. 60% Accuracy is exponentially more pathetic than the 70% that it was already plagued by.

I used a Trick Gengar as a lead for a while, and with a Choice Scarf and Destiny Bond in the last slot, it makes a good "suicide" lead to a battle, as it can Trick setters up (who are usually slow, so Gengar isn't worried by losing the Scarf) and/or use Destiny Bond to get in a nifty kill on attackers that will want to set up or make you die a horrible death. I think Destiny Bond is just better on a lead, though, as is the Choice Scarf. Choice Specs is typically a better option for any that aren't leads, as it allows Gengar to make copious use of that excessively high Special Attack stat and good coverage. Destiny Bond is better with a Scarf set and Timid, as he'll pretty much be guaranteed to get Destiny Bond in before getting hit, with 525 Speed. Without a Scarf, though...since I've always had a bitter tolerance for Hypnosis and its unreliability (which is why I've always loved Breloom and Spore), Will-O-Wisp is an extremely good option to cripple all of the Pokemon who will want to Pursuit you (save for Houndoom, however). You're welcome to try Hypnosis, but seriously, it's too much of a gamble when you really need the sleep to be incurred.