PDA

View Full Version : Movies you like but everyone else HATES (or everyone else hasn't heard of)

FireflyK
11-01-2008, 06:40 AM
So, pe2k! What movies do you love that others hate or have never even heard of?

To start things off, I'm gonna throw 'Saved' in as my #1 pick for this. It offends the few people who have seen it... And I mean the 'few'. However, the sarcasm/humor, the poignant (albeit cliched) and somewhat serious ending, and teh characters (Cass and roland especially!) really made it a lovable movie (IMHO).

Synester
11-01-2008, 06:47 AM
High School Musical, I've seen all 3, all good movies, I guess everyone isn't into to people just breaking out into song, and that act nothing happened after words :sad:. Then again we all aren't HeadBangers and Beat Boxers:rolleyes:.

Ultima Boss
11-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Meet the Spartans seems to a parody one either loves or hates -- which I happen to love.

Rest Stop / Rest Stop: Don't Look Back sees little advertisement -- from what I can tell -- and gets mediocre ratings simultaneously for a reason: just another drive-by, but what about the 'driver'? He needs some love!

That's all I can conjure for now, but there will be [more] blood.

faceplant527
11-01-2008, 02:52 PM
i LOVE cloverfiled and ppl said it was stupid and a bad idea. it was awesome to see the 1st person video taping !!!

but ppl could say that about nepolian dynamite. EVERYONE loved it but i hated it grrrr. it was not funny at all

Cobalt Shadow
11-09-2008, 03:51 AM
Dickie Roberts: former child star. it had me in fits of laughter after watching, but when I told my friends they had never heard of it

George Jefferson
11-09-2008, 05:59 AM
The Big Lebowski - A movie about a stoner gets into a lot of trouble for no apparent reason, tries to get a new rug from the millionaire he was mistaken for after the goons ruined his old rug, and all hell breaks loose.

Starring Iron Man's Jeff Bridges, John Goodman and Steve Buscemi head up the cast.

charizard ex
11-09-2008, 06:02 AM
vision quest no one has heard of that movie it is really good it about wrestling even if you don't wrestle it is still a good movie

atucker22
11-09-2008, 11:50 AM
I love the movie Unbreakable.

It's a really action filled movie with a sweet plot line made by M. Night

Charbok
11-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Cloverfield.

Other than that, I am one of the minority who likes Star Wars more than Empire or Jedi.

Soda
11-09-2008, 06:41 PM
'Waiting' with Ryan Reynolds and Anna Faris. <3

'Mammas Boy' John Heder and Anna Faris...She doesn't get the recognition she deserves! XD

Hmmm,
'Cattle Call' - Chelsea Handler

'CJ7' - Someone...

I buy like weird DVDs. D:

Matt
11-09-2008, 07:28 PM
'Waiting' with Ryan Reynolds and Anna Faris. <3

Everyone loves Waiting. =P

The third installment of Pirates of the Caribbean has long been my favorite, though most will say it was their least favorite.

I also have an obsession with Rent. It is an incredibly moving movie with music and talent that are just mind-blowing, but apparently guys who like musicals are automatically gay? I just ignore it...

Uomo
11-09-2008, 07:47 PM
I really liked the Epic Movie series, though they always get bashed in the reviews. :/

And The Nativity was really good for people like me who are religion deprived, but everyone was like, "We already knew 'bout that, l0zers..."

Dark Lightning
11-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Cloverfield.
A-men to that. Though I haven't seen many negative reviews for it. =/

Neon_Espeon
11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
I noticed there are quite a few Marvel movies that seemed to be rather despised by many(Fantastic Four, X-Men 3, that first Hulk movie, ect.), but I dunno, I kinda' liked them myself. :p

Surly Professor
11-18-2008, 12:06 AM
I don't think enough people saw "Stranger Than Fiction", "The Science of Sleep", Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind", "A Scanner Darkly", or "Big Fish".

"Pi" & "City of Lost Children" are kind of obscure, but they're intended for niche audiences.
I don't think I've ever met anyone else who's seen let alone liked the surrealistic slap to the face that is "Naked Lunch" though.

Phantom Kat
11-18-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm not afraid to admit it:

I like High School Musical and High School Musical 2 (haven't seen the third one). I dunno, I really like musicals, and their songs are really catchy. :3

- Kat

kevvychevylove
11-19-2008, 09:08 AM
i like that one movie britney spears was in

Neo Emolga
11-20-2008, 02:43 AM
I don't think enough people saw "Stranger Than Fiction", "The Science of Sleep", Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind", "A Scanner Darkly", or "Big Fish".

"Pi" & "City of Lost Children" are kind of obscure, but they're intended for niche audiences.
I don't think I've ever met anyone else who's seen let alone liked the surrealistic slap to the face that is "Naked Lunch" though.

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind was just... nuts. The storyline was sweet, but the execution of it was bizarre. That, and it made you feeling like you needed to watch it at least three more times to understand what's really going on. And the "Baby Joel" parts were the strangest.

Big Fish was awesome, and the ending pulls on your heartstrings a bit. The review of it being like a "modern day Wizard of Oz" is perfect, no better way to describe it.

--

For one, I thought Armageddon was decent, so sue me. I know it kills the laws of physics and whatever, but if you don't look at it from an overly politically correct viewpoint, it had a decent storyline. That, and the ending kind of grabs you in a way.

Con Air is also a favorite of mine, even though a lot of people will complain about the number of explosions (I have seen movies with way more explosions in them than this one). Great action, memorable lines, great actors, and memorable scenes.

MaskedJackal
11-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Con Air is also a favorite of mine, even though a lot of people will complain about the number of explosions (I have seen movies with way more explosions in them than this one). Great action, memorable lines, great actors, and memorable scenes.

What the hell is wrong with those people? The more explosions the better.

Anyway, Kung Pow: Enter the Fist has to be one of my favorite movies.

Seawolf
11-20-2008, 03:00 AM
I don't think enough people saw "Stranger Than Fiction", "Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind", or "Big Fish".

Too true. I adore those movies.

I'm adding "Little Miss Sunshine" to that list.

Neo Emolga
11-20-2008, 03:05 AM

The part where Dwayne snaps is... both sad and hilarious at the same time.

And I did NOT expect that kind of ending, and I'm quite glad they ended it differently from the cliche cheesy garbage those "feel good" movies usually dump out.

Seconded.

Stardy
11-20-2008, 03:40 AM
The Wrestler was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time, best movie of 2008, no doubt. Yet people avoid it because they are "Oh but Wrestling is Fake and Gay" about it, or haven't heard of it before. I can honestly say, even if I didn't like wrestling, I would still have enjoyed the movie. >_>

EDIT:
After a quick look, turns out The Wrestler isn't released Worldwide untill December 18th. I have a DVD Copy though (Yeah... >_>) of the movie from the original and first screening though, from an Event in Canada around two months ago me thinks. Might explain why people haven't heard of it. x:

Seawolf
11-20-2008, 06:13 PM
The part where Dwayne snaps is... both sad and hilarious at the same time.

And I did NOT expect that kind of ending, and I'm quite glad they ended it differently from the cliche cheesy garbage those "feel good" movies usually dump out.

Seconded.

Dude, that scene made me cry. :(

The DVD has a bunch of multiple endings. One of of them was incredibly cheesy and didn't fit the movie at all; I'm so glad they didn't use it.

Surly Professor
11-20-2008, 10:07 PM

LMS was great. I thought it was a Wes Anderson movie even after I had seen it. Just because the look of it, and all the quirky characters are dead-ringers for one of his flicks.

I take it from it's absence that you haven't seen "The Science of Sleep" yet?
It's from the director of "Eternal Sunshine..." Michel Gondry. If you like one you're almost certain to like the other. They share that same... child-like imagination & naivity.

I watched a couple great biographies this past week. I saw "Amadeus" for the first time in a long time last weekend. I almost forgot how good that movie was. And "Gandhi" which I had always heard good things about but never saw. It really was great, and I'll never be able to look at Ben Kingsley the same way again.

Prince of the Sea
11-20-2008, 10:09 PM
i LoVe ThIs MoViE sO mUcH!!
http://www.silentground.org/forums/imagehosting/14757ad7304c40.jpg

poke123
11-21-2008, 01:44 AM
What the hell is wrong with those people? The more explosions the better.

Anyway, Kung Pow: Enter the Fist has to be one of my favorite movies.

Dude, Kung Pow: Enter the Fist was hilarious. It's one of my favorites too.

Vyxihd
11-22-2008, 05:54 AM
The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

*pokes avatar*

PokeGamer
11-29-2008, 04:17 PM
The English Digimon Movie
How to eat fried worms
Little Man

Shadow Eevee
12-29-2008, 05:13 AM
Unaccompanied minors. I'm not sure if it suffered holiday movie syndrome, but I want the DVD. D: Pay it Forward was also good, and it's annoying how nobody has ever heard of it.

Alana Marie
12-30-2008, 12:36 AM
Colver Feild- everyone was like "It was stupid not scary at all" but I liked it, only because it was scary (to me) I have a tendancy to get jumpy/screamy/scared at every scary movie whether it scared most people or not :/

27 Dresses- I.hate.Chick.Flicks! >.> I was sitting there surrounded by my bemused freinds who were all like "awww" and "He is so gorgeous" and "OMG i love her shoes" and I was like
O_O Kill me.
I could predict everything that happened in that movie 5 minutes before it was going to happen. So predictable and stupid. I hate Chick flicks >.< Very few get Alana's Mark of Approval; please hand be a scifi or fantasy movie or a gorey movie RIGHT NOW!

Vincent_Valentine_4
12-30-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm going to do an opposite first High school musical so many people like it and when I see it I just want to destroy anyone who was a part of those stupid movies. But a movie that I do like and isn't very popular would have to be Meet the Spartans. A lot of people I know don't care for it but I thought it was funny.

Lady Of The Lake
12-30-2008, 12:52 AM
Im a little silly I just seem to LOVE all the animated movies that come out in the big screen and of course high school musical 1-2 haven't seen 3.

Walle-E
Is a good movie its kinda like a silentish film

Also I hate the brats/barbie movies they show on nick but yet I love to watch them even though there sooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid

CandleJack
12-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Garfield Movie(1st one) - I always thought that move was pretty decent, despite having it's flaws(like the singing part. >O>) and Bill Murray did a pretty good job of voice acting garfield, which is EXACTLY what I would have expected garfield to sound like.

Resident Evil - Probably my favourite movie of all time. Everyone seemed to think that it was boring though. .____.

Honey never got much attention either, but it's a BRILLIANT dance-based movie. Would beat step up or any other overrated modern music-based movie anyday.