PDA

View Full Version : ZOMG Dance Dance Revolution!!

Visual
06-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Oh yeah. DDR pwns. Does anybody here besides me play it as a serious arcader? I'll go to some arcade in the area like once a week and blow $10 in 2 hours on just DDR. Sometimes I go to arcade lock-ins. They're fun. I'm somewhere between Standard and Heavy...I can get an A on almost every song on Standard, and I can completely own some Heavy songs. The songs I know I can beat on Heavy are A, Candy, Can't Stop Falling In Love Speed Mix, B4U, Butterfly, Trip Machine Luvmix, Matsuri Japan, Mobo Moga, Tsugaru, and a few others...

Caite-chan
06-18-2005, 06:48 PM
I've only played it once at my friends party. I'd loved to get it soon.

AbXtreme
06-19-2005, 01:22 AM
Pwned On Heavy: Afronova, End Of The Century, B4U

my 3 favourites to be honest :P

Pidgeot79
06-19-2005, 01:44 AM
I'm somewhere in the middle of Standard. I just went to play in the arcade for the first time today, but I usually play my home version (Ultramix 2) everyday. Favorite Songs: Midnight Special, B4U, 321 Stars, Love <3 Shine, Dream A Dream, and a couple of others....

Visual
06-19-2005, 05:57 AM
LOVE

LOVE

LOVELUVLUVLUVLUVSHY-IIIINE YEAH YEAH YEAH

We made a video at school and used that as the beackground music. :cool:

Daniella Defines Divinity
06-19-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm not but I've got friends that are, and have mastered the highest mode. They're scary to watch on those things, their feet move so fast. There's one song on one machine that makes you have to bend down and have to use your hands at some points. It's insane >.< Although one of my friends who looks about 12 but is actually 20 is second best in the uk or something stupid like that >.<

MystiKal
06-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Meh I'm pretty good with DDR I'm a little better then Standard I hope to get better soon.

AbXtreme
06-19-2005, 09:10 PM
I've composed a video of me doing Afronova on Standard lol (in which i got the steps ALL right) now to actually show it? lol :D

Visual
06-19-2005, 11:15 PM
I've composed a video of me doing Afronova on Standard lol (in which i got the steps ALL right) now to actually show it? lol :D

Pfft. Afronova on Standard = teh EASY.

Now...try Drop Out on Heavy, no bar. THAT'S some hard stuff. *coughandIgotanAonittwicecough*

Pidgeot79
06-20-2005, 01:56 AM
Pfft. Afronova on Standard = teh EASY.

Now...try Drop Out on Heavy, no bar. THAT'S some hard stuff. *coughandIgotanAonittwicecough*

Is that the one that barrages you with left (or is it down) arrows? I could be talking about Dead End.

Visual
06-20-2005, 07:31 AM
I think you're talking about Dead End...there's a part in the middle of the song that has a kind of bouncing fast repeat step on the left arrow.

Drop Out is the one that has the insanely fast jumps at the beginning and at the end goes all death run. Fun, but hard without the bar.

Ralts_Rager
10-11-2005, 11:33 PM
I like Drop Out, Maximizer, ANY and EVERY Trip Machine, Super Star, D2R, B4U, Brilliant 2 U, Midnite Blaze, Drop the Bomb, 22DUNK, Cutie Chaser, A Stupid Barber, CRASH, Kind Lady(Interlude), Destiny, Peace Out, Logical Dash, V, A, Planet Rock, Sandstorm and..... Kick the Can.

Visual
10-12-2005, 01:11 AM
Just beat...Mahou no Tobira I think it's called...with a AA ON SATURDAY, first AA ever. :biggrin:

Dakota
10-12-2005, 03:40 AM
Yeah...sorry to be cocky but, I can pwn everyone that's posted here so far :rolleyes:

Name a song, I've gotten at LEAST a B...A on most

Name a 9 stepper and below...I've AA'd it

Name a 7 stepper and below, I've SDG'd it (if you don't know what that means, stop playing on standard, woot)

I'm not cocky about many things...but I am cocky about DDR. All about the number of greats...

Matthew
10-12-2005, 04:21 AM
Yeah...sorry to be cocky but, I can pwn everyone that's posted here so far :rolleyes:

Name a song, I've gotten at LEAST a B...A on most

Name a 9 stepper and below...I've AA'd it

Name a 7 stepper and below, I've SDG'd it (if you don't know what that means, stop playing on standard, woot)

I'm not cocky about many things...but I am cocky about DDR. All about the number of greats...

I'm cocky about your mom... nothing else :cool:

I'm joking of course... lol.

I am lame at DDR... :( I have trouble on Standard... but that's because I have horrible cordination as it is... lol :P

Pidgeot79
10-12-2005, 05:54 AM
I'm no longer a standarder, heavy all the way. Now everything below that seems too easy.

Dakota
10-12-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm cocky about your mom... nothing else :cool:

I'm joking of course... lol.

I am lame at DDR... :( I have trouble on Standard... but that's because I have horrible cordination as it is... lol :P

oh no you di int son!

Meh...we all start somewhere...I remember a point long ago when I thought Look to the Sky on standard was just impOSSible...heh

Visual
10-12-2005, 10:00 PM
I never do Standard anymore, unless one of my friends is trying to beat THE FLY or PSMO or something like that and don't want to have the game end, so I do Standard to keep it going.

Blast Burn
10-12-2005, 11:31 PM
I don't do regular DDR if that's what you guys are talking about. I have DDR Konamix home version, though. I've gotton a B on every song in Easy at least once, I can get B's on some mediums, but hard is usually out of my reach, unless the easy of that song is like, level 1 (i'm guessing it's called 1-stepper). So yeah. I'm pretty good. My dad thinks I'm awesome, but, *coughcoughthat'sbecauseheusuallystinkscoughcough* . I think I'm gonna go play DDR Konamix right now, in fact.

lovelylapras
10-13-2005, 04:24 AM
I think you're talking about Dead End...there's a part in the middle of the song that has a kind of bouncing fast repeat step on the left arrow.

Drop Out is the one that has the insanely fast jumps at the beginning and at the end goes all death run. Fun, but hard without the bar.
Oh, I love Drop Out! For those of you who've played on the Konamix... you have to try that song on the 6-step! If I could AA Drop Out on heavy....*sigh* I used to be close once... within like 20 greats. It's those 8th steps at the end that get me.:confused:

Visual
10-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Yeah, at the end is when I usually slip up. Sometimes I just fail at that point. >_> But I'm getting better, I don't fail it as much.

By the way, I play at the arcade, not at home.

Chavz
10-13-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't like arcades. All of those games rip you off and take your money. I perfer games and stuff at home. Nice and Free.

Visual
10-14-2005, 05:04 PM
At my arcade (TimeOut at Arbor Place Mall) it's 3 tokens for a three-song game or anything besides versus or doubles. On regular play, 1 token for 1 song is nice. Everywhere else its like...4 tokens per person at Six Flags, which is uber-gay, but at Challenge it's 4 tokens for play period, whether you're going by yourself or versus. I like Challenge's way better, because then we just do versus all the time and each put in only 2 tokens. But the machine is Max 2, and the pads are god-awful.

masterryanx
10-15-2005, 05:52 AM
Meh I'm just a Standerder lol...... I've been on it for a long time now I just can't handle Heavy still though..... Favorite songs: Spin the Disk, Butterfly, Love Shine, Midnight Blaze, Cartoon Hereos, Kick the Can, 321 Stars, Hysteria, and Exotic Ethnic lol..... :happy:

lovelylapras
10-23-2005, 08:27 PM
I try to mix it up... play both at home and in an arcade. Hone on your skills for free, then show 'em off and meet cool people. :happy: