PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my shinys?

-Smoo-
11-10-2008, 02:56 PM
I gots some shinys and don't know particulary what to do, movesets are required and any issues with the EV spread would be helpfull.

Modest Treecko
A standard special sweeper with the Extra 6 on to HP

Now i get slightly stuck:tongue:

Impish Piplup

Brave Combusken

Joly gligar

Adamant chimchar (just a movset here)

Jolly Mudkip

Gentle totodile

Carfull cyndaquil

Brave squirtle

Calm Hippowdon

And thats about it until I post the others, of wich there are alot. ANyway just EV spreads and move sets, because they are shiny I dont want to make mistake.

Viva la Gofre
11-10-2008, 09:05 PM
I gots some shinys and don't know particulary what to do, movesets are required and any issues with the EV spread would be helpfull.

Modest Treecko
A standard special sweeper with the Extra 6 on to HP

Now i get slightly stuck:tongue:

Septile@Choice Specs
Modest
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
Grass Knot
Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power Ice
Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire
Leaf Storm
Standard sweeping sceptile

Impish Piplup

Bad nature, empoleon really can't absorb physical attacks and this nature limits its ability to special-tank too.

Brave Combusken

Again, bad nature. Blaziken is a bit slow at the best of times and cannot ank either, you need a neutral speed nature at a minimum

Joly gligar

Gliscor@Life Orb
Jolly
120HP/200Att/188Spd
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Roost
Ice Fang/Stone Edge

SD Gliscor is the only set to use jolly

Adamant chimchar (just a movset here)

Infernape@Life Orb/Expert Belt
Adamant
252Att/252Spd/6HP
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Thunderpunch/Stone Edge

I'd go Expert Belt>>Life orb, recoil from two sources racks up quickly. Alternatively you could strap on a choice band and consider U-Turn or Thunder Punch over SD

Jolly Mudkip

Swampert@Salac Berry
Jolly
252Att/252Spd/6HP
Substitute
Endeavour
Earthquake
Waterfall
The only swampert set using jolly, it's very gimmicky and not really worth using.

Gentle totodile

Abysmal nature, sorry

Carfull cyndaquil

Abysmal nature, sorry

Brave squirtle

Abysmal nature, sorry

Calm Hippowdon

Abysmal nature, sorry

And thats about it until I post the others, of wich there are alot. ANyway just EV spreads and move sets, because they are shiny I dont want to make mistake.

Clone them first using the GTS to make sure you have a clean copy to hand.

Smogon standard sets for you there. While I'm sure you'd like to use your shinies in battle, the majority of those pokes have natures that are detrimental to how they should be played. IVs aren't likely to be great either, and if they are high you should be suspicious. And on a side note, are you sure the hippowdon is shiny? The difference between males and females is very mistakable for shininess:

Male>>>http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa450.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa450.png<<<Female

I myself thought I had a shiny after seeing the E4's one and then catching my own :P

-Smoo-
11-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks and yes the Hippowdon is Green, so it is shiny.

atucker22
11-12-2008, 12:59 PM
How does everyone get so many shinies i've seen 4 in my long pkmon playing life. I caught three but one I accidentally saved over cause I thought I traded it over.:redface::oops: And I ran out of balls against another and I caught and transfered 2. So are these hacked because if they are hacked you might as well hack them better natures.

Viva la Gofre
11-12-2008, 08:24 PM
How does everyone get so many shinies i've seen 4 in my long pkmon playing life. I caught three but one I accidentally saved over cause I thought I traded it over.:redface::oops: And I ran out of balls against another and I caught and transfered 2. So are these hacked because if they are hacked you might as well hack them better natures.
GTS/Trading Forums mostly, I myself have obtained approximately 80 shinies from forums such as this. The more maunal method for catching your own is chaining, and the best guide I have found for doing so is here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2682066&postcount=4)