PDA

View Full Version : Sonic or Spyro?

scubasteveE
11-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Ok, I havn't bought a game for my wii in months (not because there wasn't games I wanted to buy, I just didn't have any money :O) so I'm going to be buying a game this week but which one: Sonic Unleashed or Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon?

I have been a big fan of the spyro series ever since the first one, but as I grew up, sypro didn't and I lost interest in it. But this one looks a little bit more grown up and spyro can actually freaking fly so...... it llooks sweet!

And sonic, well it just looks awesome:cool:

Charbok
11-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Ugh...

If you MUST buy one of these two, get Sonic. The new Spyro is not all that great.

If I were you I'd get something better, like the new Animal Crossing, Call of Duty: World at War, de Blob, Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip, or the new Tales of Symphonia.

Uomo
11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
If you want one of those two, get Sonic because Spyro games just aren't as fun as they appear to be. :x

But, as Charbok said, you should really look into other games. The ones he mentioned are actually some of the best new ones. :]

scubasteveE
11-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Ugh...

If you MUST buy one of these two, get Sonic. The new Spyro is not all that great.

If I were you I'd get something better, like the new Animal Crossing, Call of Duty: World at War, de Blob, Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip, or the new Tales of Symphonia.
I think it looks pretty good......

Those are good games well except for animal crossing >< I hate that game. (not saying it's bad, I just didn't like it) but I just want one of those two......

ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE
11-24-2008, 11:31 PM
I think it looks pretty good......

Those are good games well except for animal crossing >< I hate that game. (not saying it's bad, I just didn't like it) but I just want one of those two......
SPYRO. there.

ahahahahahahahahahah.

xskittycatx
11-24-2008, 11:44 PM
I personally think BOTH suck,
No offense.

Yoda55
11-24-2008, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=Uomo;2549696][FONT="Century Gothic"]If you want one of those two, get Sonic because Spyro games just aren't as fun as they appear to be. :x

Uomo is right sonic is a lot better.:biggrin::biggrin:

George Jefferson
11-25-2008, 12:40 AM
cool choices for video games bro

scubasteveE
11-25-2008, 12:59 AM
cool choices for video games bro
Are you being sarcastic?

@xskittycatx:YOU SUCK, no offense. j/k

EDIT: I don't really look at reviews but since ya'll say both suck I did. They both got a score of around 7/10 which means there decent. So I don't think they suck, if it gets like a score of 5 or below it probably does suck. So I'm going to put my fingers in my ears and go "lalala" and not listen to ya'll and buy one of them.

PokeGamer
11-28-2008, 01:37 AM
sonic 4ver

iReign
11-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Sonic, even though the franchise has taken a turn for the worse.

George Jefferson
11-28-2008, 04:24 AM
Crash

herp de derp hurrrr

Lord Celebi
11-28-2008, 04:54 AM
Legend of Spyro is absolute garbage, and pisses on the memory of the Insomniac games. It was a waste of my money. Don't get it. :P And I'm telling this to you as head of the SpyroWorld Wiki (http://www.spyroworld.net/wiki/Main_Page) and as a Moderator at SpyroForum (http://www.spyroforum.com/user-900.html?sid=07efac8c237c0d1ffef2c1955a4d1523).

Charbok
11-28-2008, 05:22 AM
Legend of Spyro is absolute garbage, and pisses on the memory of the Insomniac games. It was a waste of my money. Don't get it. :P And I'm telling this to you as head of the SpyroWorld Wiki (http://www.spyroworld.net/wiki/Main_Page) and as a Moderator at SpyroForum (http://www.spyroforum.com/user-900.html?sid=07efac8c237c0d1ffef2c1955a4d1523).

You have to admit, Spyro is a beast though.

And nice shameless advertising thar.

Lord Celebi
11-28-2008, 05:26 AM

And nice shameless advertising thar.

I was just showing my credibility and the fact that I am a die-hard Spyro fan. :P

Spyro is f'n awesome. I usually go back and play Year of the Dragon once or twice a year (It'll probably be three times though this year).

Maleficent
11-28-2008, 05:28 AM
Spyro ftw. Even though Legend of Spyro did suck rust balls, it's still a great series.

And Sonic's a rapist, anway.

Charbok
11-28-2008, 05:31 AM
I was just showing my credibility and the fact that I am a die-hard Spyro fan. :P

Spyro is f'n awesome. I usually go back and play Year of the Dragon once or twice a year (It'll probably be three times though this year).

Pfffft! Year of the Dragon is SO [Insert Year]! The original is the one and only that I've beaten, and I enjoyed every second of it. That and Crash Bandicoot 1-3 were great.

Lord Celebi
11-28-2008, 05:35 AM
Spyro ftw. Even though Legend of Spyro did suck rust balls, it's still a great series.

And Sonic's a rapist, anway.
LoS is mega-fail. Play YOTD.
Pfffft! Year of the Dragon is SO [Insert Year]! The original is the one and only that I've beaten, and I enjoyed every second of it. That and Crash Bandicoot 1-3 were great.

YOTD was the best Spyro game ever. Seriously. Go buy it and go beat it.

karmachameleon
11-28-2008, 06:03 AM

He's not as diesel as Sonic. If youre going to get either one, get the new Sonic- it actually loo|<s pretty good. I |<now no one li|<es 3D Sonic games, but I really |i|<ed Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes, and this one seems to be as good as those ones.

Maleficent
11-28-2008, 06:10 AM
LoS is mega-fail. Play YOTD.
I have it. ANd this thread brought back some nostalgia and made me play it.

YOTD was the best Spyro game ever. Seriously. Go buy it and go beat it.

yeah, go advertise favourite dragon

yeeaahh

TayyabX
11-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Legend of Spyro = mega failz. :(

The original series of Spyro is wayy better.
But you probably want to try out some demo or something before you get one of them (Spyro or Sonic). :o

@Rust ; I agree, YOTD is the best Spyro game in the series evahr! :D

George Jefferson
11-30-2008, 08:21 AM
this one seems to be as good as those ones.

lolwut

I say

Big Rigs

herp de derp

scubasteveE
12-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Well I got sonic and I love it.(But the other games in the series were way better) But sonic is freaking hellish to control. I have played it all last week and still havn't gotten controlling that stupid little hedgehog on speed down.

But when you play as sonic the werehog, it's beasty. The motion controls are a little repeative when your in a battle, but it has some nice complex stages that you have to navaigate through and the graphics are amazing, the best on the wii right now imo. The boss battles right now are pretty easy and not that challenging, but maybe they get better later on in the game. Right now I give it a 9/10.

@ Lord Celebi: Thank you. Someone actually gave some good advice and not saying "they both suck", "get the other one", or something else. Though I will still get it, probably when the price goes down. But oh well, my dreams of sypro's come back are crushed :\

And yes year of the dragon is the best (and the way its looking will be the best) sypro game of all time. Though I never did get to finish it because my playstation died.

Stardy
12-01-2008, 08:14 PM
When I first read the title, I instantly thought Spyro was better, then I saw the game choices... you got Sonic, what was the better choice of the two, but, in my honest opinion, they both suck. No offence meant. >_>

Yoda55
12-01-2008, 09:15 PM
When I first read the title, I instantly thought Spyro was better, then I saw the game choices... you got Sonic, what was the better choice of the two, but, in my honest opinion, they both suck. No offence meant. >_>
I agrre. But if I was forced to play one of the games i would play sonic.

Tombi
12-01-2008, 09:34 PM
I was terrified of the new Spyro games. I was sure they were gonna totally ruin the series like they did Crash Bandicoot. I was a total Crash/Spyro fan until they wrecked it.

Spyro 2 was the best game EVER. >> So I risked it and got The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning. And... it owned. Sure, they've changed it completely. But it's still awesome. I prefer the older games but still. Then I bought the second and I'm still yet to complete that. When I do I'm getting the third for Wii.

Sonic... never a big fan. I've always been Naughty Dog/Insomniac/Nintendo. Sega was more of my brothers thing. I have old Sega consoles and play classics like what, Golden Axe and Alex Kidd, and Sonic's good for a while. But overall... you can't beat Spyro. =/

Spyro 2 - Gateway to Glimmer. That game should go down in history. If I broke that disc or lost my save files I'd cry for months.

Clutch
12-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Too bad both franchises FAIL these days.

I used to play the hell out of both, and loved them to death. It's just that their more recent titles have ripped out my heart, curb stomped it, and put it back in. I'm looking at YOU Shadow the Hedgehog and Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly! :[

Sonic Unleashed looked promising, until I heard about the night time levels...

scubasteveE
12-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Too bad both franchises FAIL these days.

I used to play the hell out of both, and loved them to death. It's just that their more recent titles have ripped out my heart, curb stomped it, and put it back in. I'm looking at YOU Shadow the Hedgehog and Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly! :[

Sonic Unleashed looked promising, until I heard about the night time levels...
???
The night time levels kick butt, I like them more then the day levels.

Am I living in like to different deminison or something because EGM gave sonic a pretty good score, game of the month, and gold award (can't remember score).

People should stop paying attention to reviews and just play a demo and decide for your self seesh

Clutch
12-01-2008, 11:33 PM
???
The night time levels kick butt, I like them more then the day levels.

Am I living in like to different deminison or something because EGM gave sonic a pretty good score, game of the month, and gold award (can't remember score).

People should stop paying attention to reviews and just play a demo and decide for your self seesh
If you think button mashing with absolutely no combat system "kicks butt", then you probably do like the night time levels.

A Sonic game to me is about speed, not about a "Werehog" and button mashing.

Sega and Sonic Team need to give the fans what they want, good ol' fashion speedy Sonic with great level design. They nailed it with the day time levels. It just looked like they added the night time levels just to add more to the game.

Kendo
12-01-2008, 11:43 PM
If you want to see if Sonic was truly the better choice, try checking a GameFAQS review. I like reading the worst ones because they point out the real flaws of the game and don't just compliment it. only the best games, like Pikmin (I HATE THAT GAME!!!!!), get all high scores (7 to 10).

Spyro has no hope of escaping the depths of badness, unless the company creates a miracle. Sonic still has some hope in him. So I would have gome with Sonice too (though being a "werehog" sounds a bit absurd).

Lord Celebi
12-02-2008, 05:23 AM
If you want to see if Sonic was truly the better choice, try checking a GameFAQS review. I like reading the worst ones because they point out the real flaws of the game and don't just compliment it. only the best games, like Pikmin (I HATE THAT GAME!!!!!), get all high scores (7 to 10).

Spyro has no hope of escaping the depths of badness, unless the company creates a miracle. Sonic still has some hope in him. So I would have gome with Sonice too (though being a "werehog" sounds a bit absurd).

Both franchises have hope. BioWare just made a Sonic game, and Activision is getting Spyro.

My complaints have actually been noticed by the Spyro Dev Team (since I complain rather loudly and in unison with a bunch of other smart people), so I do think that once Activision sees that LoS isn't moving as many units as StD, RR, or YOTD, they'll go back to something in the original style.

scubasteveE
12-02-2008, 09:22 PM
If you think button mashing with absolutely no combat system "kicks butt", then you probably do like the night time levels.

A Sonic game to me is about speed, not about a "Werehog" and button mashing.

Sega and Sonic Team need to give the fans what they want, good ol' fashion speedy Sonic with great level design. They nailed it with the day time levels. It just looked like they added the night time levels just to add more to the game.
???
Theres actually no button smashing in the night time levels at all and it has a combat system. When attack a enemy you have to do, well, box with the wii remote and numchuck. You also can perform special attacks by for example: R L R L then both hands to do SA.

@ Lord Celebi: I hope so.....

Clutch
12-02-2008, 09:28 PM
???
Theres actually no button smashing in the night time levels at all and it has a combat system. When attack a enemy you have to do, well, box with the wii remote and numchuck. You also can perform special attacks by for example: R L R L then both hands to do SA.

:| ... the Wii version? Don't care.

George Jefferson
12-03-2008, 07:40 PM
???

@ Lord Celebi: I hope so.....

Did you ever hear of Multi quoting?

It's that little button next to the quote.

fffffffffuuuuuuuuuu-

Grassy_Aggron
12-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Hmm...Spyro is a good game, although I have yet to beat Eternal Night for my Wii >.<

As for Sonic, I am pleased with Unleashed (enough to base a story off of it ^^). As a die hard fan, I enjoyed nearly every game (Secret Rings, sorry...). Shadow the hedgehog leapt to my favorites (rocket launchers...Heaven...:biggrin:), and the fact that I can now slash things to pieces with Sonic thrills me even more.

As for daytime stages, don't worry. I keep dying too :oops:

I can vouch for that 0o

Graceful_Suicune
12-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Sonic would have to win. I was into Spyro way before Sonic, though. But Shadow is, like, unbeatable. And Amy! xD She's hilarious. xD
Though I do love Spyro. He's awesome. ;P

~Xanthe.

George Jefferson
12-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Sonic would have to win. I was into Spyro way before Sonic, though. But Shadow is, like, unbeatable. And Amy! xD She's hilarious. xD
Though I do love Spyro. He's awesome. ;P

~Xanthe.

I love how kids base their opinions on crappy games and characters the company sells out.

Grassy_Aggron
12-05-2008, 02:11 AM
I love how kids base their opinions on crappy games and characters the company sells out.

So? I'm 15 and I love games...The characters created are overall very interesting, and leave room for development. The companies are trying hard now to correct their mistakes...While a game may be crappy to you, Kenneth, others enjoy them.

Besides, it's a free country, so people are entitled to freedom of speech. I can only ask that you do not judge others on their opinions-variety is the spice of life, after all!

-Grassy_Aggron

George Jefferson
12-05-2008, 05:03 AM
So? I'm 15 and I love games...The characters created are overall very interesting, and leave room for development. The companies are trying hard now to correct their mistakes...While a game may be crappy to you, Kenneth, others enjoy them.

Besides, it's a free country, so people are entitled to freedom of speech. I can only ask that you do not judge others on their opinions-variety is the spice of life, after all!

-Grassy_Aggron

So, I can't have my right to free speech?

I've heard about Sonic Chronicles, and saw my friend play it.

Shade is really... Dull. She's just another filler character.

Like Silver

And Rouge.

And Shadow.

And Amy, Big, E-w/e series, Maria (Even though she died before she got a full character role, she was pretty dull), Marina...

Well, I pretty much hate all the characters now. Mostly because of their attitude change from the 2D games to the 3D. Like Knuckles became serious and "defend this emerald with all my life", I liked him better, when in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, he laughs when he does various things to slow you down, that's the Knuckles I like.

Actually, I'm pretty disturbed by the voices in the Sonic series. Well, most video game voice acting suck, so, this is exceptional.

Starkipraggy
12-05-2008, 05:11 AM
I played the first-ever Spyro game and I hated it to hell so bad, so Sonic. 3-D games make my head spin if I have to explore for hours on end without getting anywhere.

I played Sonic the Hedgehog 1, but lack of save turned me off. I played Sonic 3 and Knuckles and finished for all four possible character combinations, and I enjoyed it very much. :D That was the best game I have ever played, hands down. I played Advance 2 & 3, but nowhere as epic.

Remake Sonic 3 and Knuckles plox.