PDA

View Full Version : I just got Pokemon: Battle Revolution Wii...

ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE
11-30-2008, 01:36 AM
and i want to know, is it ne good? i won't be playing it for about a month (early B-day Present)

i'm just curious bout it, what kind of gameplay is it?
how many pokemon is on it?
:eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh:

basically, i'm confused bout it....the confusion hit me just now. lol!

Dark Turtwig
11-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Every pokemon is on it, and there are rental passes that you use if you don't have Diamond or Pearl. It sucks if you don't have D/P, but if you do, it's really fun, IMO. It's incredibly easy to beat, and you could do it in a day if you wanted to. You can buy clothes for your character, and make him/her look however you want, basically. It's also how you look in the colosseums, and on wi-fi. Wi-fi is fun, but beware, there are lots of noobs that take their ubers there. I don't know how they get on, but they manage to.

Kenny_C.002
11-30-2008, 02:14 AM
*moved to pokemon: Wii section for obvious reasons*

ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE
11-30-2008, 03:10 AM
Every pokemon is on it, and there are rental passes that you use if you don't have Diamond or Pearl. It sucks if you don't have D/P, but if you do, it's really fun, IMO. It's incredibly easy to beat, and you could do it in a day if you wanted to. You can buy clothes for your character, and make him/her look however you want, basically. It's also how you look in the colosseums, and on wi-fi. Wi-fi is fun, but beware, there are lots of noobs that take their ubers there. I don't know how they get on, but they manage to.

so wait, it's really dump without D/P? because i don't have D/P!!!!

ok, so what starters does it have? (i hope to get cyndaquil!)

oooh, noobs with their pwnsome hacks? sweet! (hey, when i do get it beats, wanna battle? i'll PM you if you want to! ;o)

Dark Turtwig
11-30-2008, 03:41 AM
so wait, it's really dump without D/P? because i don't have D/P!!!!

ok, so what starters does it have? (i hope to get cyndaquil!)

oooh, noobs with their pwnsome hacks? sweet! (hey, when i do get it beats, wanna battle? i'll PM you if you want to! ;o)

The pokemon on the rental passes aren't evolve, and pokemon in there do not gain any experience whatsoever. If you don't have D/P, you may as well just sell it. It's that bad without d/p.

Jigglehpuff
11-30-2008, 04:30 AM
The pokemon on the rental passes aren't evolve, and pokemon in there do not gain any experience whatsoever. If you don't have D/P, you may as well just sell it. It's that bad without d/p.

It is so mindnumbingly boring without d/p... yep you might as well sell it.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
11-30-2008, 08:54 AM
It's not too bad without DP. I completed it the first time using only rental Pokemon and it would have to be more fun that way than breezing through it with already trained Pokemon.

You can make decent teams using the rental Pokemon anyway, though the later rounds once you've beaten everything would probably be a bit hard.

Basically, it's just battling. It doesn't have a story mode or anything, you just go round to different colosseums and play by different types of rules.

But yeah, it's still playable without DP. You might as well give it a shot anyway. ^^

Dark Lightning
11-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Lol. You don't want to get me started about this game. But, it's just my opinion.

It is a terrible game. <--- Opinion, I don't expect to flamed at now. K?

All it's good for is battling, and even that isn't polished. I know you can turn the commentator's voice off, but it is very annoying, and all there is to do is go around and fight, fight, fight, and the rental Pokemon are really not good. If you have D/P then it wouldn't be as bad, but even then this game lacks really bad. It's a waste of money, IMHO. You can have a shot at it and see what you like, but really, I hated it. [/end of rant]

Also, there aren't any starters in the game. :/
What we really need is Pokemon Colosseum on Wii, or a game that actually has a Storyline.

*hides before he can be flamed to death by fans*

Yoda55
11-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Lol. You don't want to get me started about this game. But, it's just my opinion.

It is a terrible game. <--- Opinion, I don't expect to flamed at now. K?

All it's good for is battling, and even that isn't polished. I know you can turn the commentator's voice off, but it is very annoying, and all there is to do is go around and fight, fight, fight, and the rental Pokemon are really not good. If you have D/P then it wouldn't be as bad, but even then this game lacks really bad. It's a waste of money, IMHO. You can have a shot at it and see what you like, but really, I hated it. [/end of rant]

Also, there aren't any starters in the game. :/
What we really need is Pokemon Colosseum on Wii, or a game that actually has a Storyline.

*hides before he can be flamed to death by fans*

Alright boys, lets get em!

ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE
12-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Alright boys, lets get em!
i'm serious! if i made a mistake in getting this game i will sell it!

or else just not play it till i/my brother gets the DS lite. and D/P

.....nething else? like with rentals can i do online battles? and why don't they evolve?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
12-01-2008, 04:04 AM
Think of it like the rentals on Pokemon Stadium if you've played it. You don't train them or anything, you just battle with them. Everything is set to level 30/50 or whatever.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure you can use rental Pokemon on WiFi if you wanted.

ThEcHaMpIoNoFsApPhIrE
12-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Think of it like the rentals on Pokemon Stadium if you've played it. You don't train them or anything, you just battle with them. Everything is set to level 30/50 or whatever.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure you can use rental Pokemon on WiFi if you wanted.
actually, this is the first non-GBA pokemon game i've played (i tried gale of darkness but didn't play it long enough to care for it)

ok, i guess they are good levels.

Kendo
12-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, it got a 6.5 out of 10.

I didn't find it too enjoyable either. It's really great if you have D/P because then you hopefully have wi-fi and can battle other people. But using the rentals competitively sucks. You get stuff like Charmeleon and Pidgeotto and stuff and you can't change them, I don't think. Most of it is easy...except that darn roulette stage. >:\ Yes, I found it hard.

With DP, it's enjoyable with friends and wi-fi. But without it, it's kind of worse. But if you get Platinum and it can link up with it, then you'll have a wonderful experience, most likely.

Leafeon202
02-22-2009, 04:54 AM
i got this game when it came out and me being kind of a noob i expected like it be a D/P version for wii but nooooo its just fighting. honestly i fell asleep playing it because its just sooo boring. its fun to play with friends but when you dont have wifi (like i did at the time) it gets old FAST. so i traded it in but then a week later got wifi and found out about platinum so now i need to buy a used one so i can battle with platinum over wifi without annoying friend codes and stuff.

haha i know this post is late but i just joined this website like 2 hours ago lol.

The Amazing Ninja Kirby
03-08-2009, 10:49 PM
i got this game when it came out and me being kind of a noob i expected like it be a D/P version for wii but nooooo its just fighting. honestly i fell asleep playing it because its just sooo boring. its fun to play with friends but when you dont have wifi (like i did at the time) it gets old FAST. so i traded it in but then a week later got wifi and found out about platinum so now i need to buy a used one so i can battle with platinum over wifi without annoying friend codes and stuff.

haha i know this post is late but i just joined this website like 2 hours ago lol.

I don't see how you say D/P WI-Fi is better if it's the same thing. And look, there will never be a console Pokemon game where you can catch Pokemon in the wild ok? I don't see why people keep thinking there will be one.

Well, it got a 6.5 out of 10.

I didn't find it too enjoyable either. It's really great if you have D/P because then you hopefully have wi-fi and can battle other people. But using the rentals competitively sucks. You get stuff like Charmeleon and Pidgeotto and stuff and you can't change them, I don't think. Most of it is easy...except that darn roulette stage. >:\ Yes, I found it hard.

With DP, it's enjoyable with friends and wi-fi. But without it, it's kind of worse. But if you get Platinum and it can link up with it, then you'll have a wonderful experience, most likely.

Actually once you beat the game, Mainstreet Collecium (the one with the monkey suit guy), changes and you trade Pokemon with your opponent if you win, but you still have to use rental passes. And yes, it's a permanent trade.