surf
toxic spikes

dusknoir @ leftovers
252 HP, 232 Atk, 24 Def
focus punch
substitute
shadow sneak
fire punch / wil-o-wisp

not sure if i should use fire punch or wil-o-wisp, the squad is built around sandstorm so i suppose burning a foe cant help.

gliscor@ ???
252 HP, 12 Atk, 28 Def, 218 Spe
Swords Dance
Roost
Earthquake
Stone Edge / Baton Pass

taking the speed tank option, not sure about what item to give it though. dont really like the idea of every mon carrying leftovers, is that a bad thing??

cradily@ ???
252 HP, 240 Def, 16 SpD
Rock Slide
Toxic / Earthquake
Rest
Sleep Talk

once agian unsure about the item. with cradily's high defence ans hp and the abiltiy to rest and sleep talk he makes for a good wall. my concern of having sleep talk is that when i've used it in the past the move is picked at random so the mon cna try to rest while it's already alseep or may tory to poison an already poisoned foe/ stell type.

Heatran @ choice scarf
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
Explosion

Dark Turtwig
12-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Hippowdon @leftovers
252 HP / 16 Atk / 152 Def / 88 SpD
Stealth Rock
Slack off
Earthquake
Ice Fang

First of all, the EV's are wrong. You want some Special defense EV's, so he can take a special hit as well. And replace Roar with Ice Fang, it helps when he's a lead. Many people will just switch in a flying type, and you then can't do crap to them. But with Ice fang, you can do something.

tentacruel @black sludge
204 HP,96 SpA, 172 SpD, 36 Spe
Rapid Spin
Sludge Bomb
surf
toxic spikes

With these EV's, and with Toxic Spikes on the set, ResTalk is a no no. You want something more like this: ===^
Knock off is also an option, if you want to knock off lefties and life orbs and such that may give you trouble, but Rapid Spin is always good to have.

dusknoir @ leftovers
252 HP, 232 Atk, 24 Def
focus punch
substitute
shadow sneak
fire punch / wil-o-wisp

not sure if i should use fire punch or wil-o-wisp, the squad is built around sandstorm so i suppose burning a foe cant help.

Honestly, I would just get rid of this. It doesn't fit in a sandstorm team really. It doesn't resist grass, or water. It may have an immunity to fighting though, which may help, but Gliscor can absorb the Close Combats. If you want a sub puncher, I would go with Tyranitar, or Rampardos. Here's the standard TyraniBoah set:
Tyranitar@ Leftovers
Brave/Quiet Nature (It depends if you'll be using attack or special attack more. For this team, I would go with Quiet.)
252 HP / 60 Atk / 168 SpA / 28 Spe
Substitute
Focus Punch
Dark Pulse
Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

With Thunderbolt and ice beam, it depends. What will you be doing with this tyranitar? You will mostly be encountering Grass and ground types, (grounds with EQ more specifically), so you may want Ice Beam. Although, you may want Thunderbolt for water type coverage. But Dark Pulse and Focus Punch are neutral there, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

gliscor@ Leftovers
252 HP, 12 Atk, 28 Def, 218 Spe
Swords Dance
Roost
Earthquake
Stone Edge / Baton Pass

taking the speed tank option, not sure about what item to give it though. dont really like the idea of every mon carrying leftovers, is that a bad thing??

It doesn't matter how many pokemon have leftovers, but it would best suit Gliscor, unless you are gonna go for a choice band one, which you obviously aren't. If you want the Speed tank gliscor, then you don't need Baton Pass. But if you want a Baton Pass gliscor, go with BP. You have the right general idea with this though, not much to change.

cradily@ Leftovers
252 HP, 240 Def, 16 SpD
Rock Slide
Toxic / Earthquake
Rest
Sleep Talk

once agian unsure about the item. with cradily's high defence ans hp and the abiltiy to rest and sleep talk he makes for a good wall. my concern of having sleep talk is that when i've used it in the past the move is picked at random so the mon cna try to rest while it's already alseep or may tory to poison an already poisoned foe/ stell type.

Cradily is a wall, and walls want Leftovers. You can have Toxic, or EQ, whichever you want. Toxic will slowly eat away at the oppenent, while you rest, and sleep talk, or you can go straight for the EQ to have another attack move. Your choice.

Heatran @ choice scarf
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
Explosion

Here, you took this set straight off of smogon, so I have nothing to say.

Changes in bold. I can see you just kinda threw this team together though. Natures would help too. I also see you took most all of these sets off of smogon, so why are you debating the items on a couple pokes? If you take the set from smogon, use the item as well.

androidspud
12-01-2008, 09:33 PM
yeh i did just look at smogon sets and pick out a few.

i have a tyranitar with adamnt nature. would he be ok?

Dark Turtwig
12-01-2008, 09:37 PM
yeh i did just look at smogon sets and pick out a few.

i have a tyranitar with adamnt nature. would he be ok?

He would be fine, but the natures and EV spreads are really important, and if your pokemon have the wrong spread, I would suggest just getting new pokes. Like having th team pokesav'd, thats's what I do.

androidspud
12-01-2008, 10:02 PM
to use poke sav you need an action replay though dont you?

Dark Turtwig
12-01-2008, 10:04 PM
to use poke sav you need an action replay though dont you?

Yeah, but I have one, and I use pokesav to make myself teams.

androidspud
12-01-2008, 10:14 PM
hmmm, i have another cheat cartage called i-cheat. do you thik the pokesav codes would work on it? im assuming codes have to be put in manually or can the AR connect to a pc

Dark Turtwig
12-01-2008, 10:43 PM
hmmm, i have another cheat cartage called i-cheat. do you thik the pokesav codes would work on it? im assuming codes have to be put in manually or can the AR connect to a pc

Yes. I have never heard of i-cheat, and I doubt that it will work. Pokesav is designed for action replay, and not i-cheat, whatever that is.

androidspud
12-02-2008, 07:26 AM
same idea as AR, with it i can get any item in my bag or catch pokemon in the wild (within reason).

http://www.i-cheat.co.uk/

Viva la Gofre
12-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Dark Turtwig, Dusknoir is an excellent member of a sandstorm team. As you mentioned yourself, he is a very-much needed fighting immunity but he also provides the key role of a spin blocker- sandstorm teams make extensive use of latent damage and dusknoir is capable of keeping the damage in play, since very few spinners are in a position to harm him. However I agree that the subPunch set is not appropriate- standard stall set would be far more helpful:

Dusknoir@Lefties
Impish
252HP/76Def/180SpDef or 252HP/252Def/6SpDef
Will-O-Wisp
Fire Punch
Shadow Sneak/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch
Pain Split

The second EV spread is smogon standard, but I prefer the first. Provide even more latent damage by laying down status, pain split allows him to better compensate for the hits he has to switch into by munching on the opponent's health.

androidspud
12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
i can try both and seee what works best for me between noir and tar,
what would be a prefered nature for dusknoir if i havent already asked that. my current one is as follows:

careful nature
quick claw

hp 294
atk 230
def 314
sp.atk 123
sp.def 338
spd 115

wil-o-wisp
fire punch
thunder punch
trick room.

i could probably do with getting pain split but that involeves breeding i think im already got a gliscor and a tenticruel on my list of things to breed.

p.s. darkturtwig i got hold of my brothers AR so i might try it out later today..