PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a laptop.

Clutch
12-01-2008, 09:38 PM
The PC I'm using right now is an 8 year-old piece of crap, and I've decided I finally need a new computer. My grandma might get me a laptop for Christmas, but she doesn't know which one to buy. My friends have been recommending brands like Dell and HP.

So, anything you guys could recommend?

Hoshika
12-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Here, have mine.

[Dell model PP026 or something like that.]

Snow Fairy Sugar
12-02-2008, 05:13 AM
Get a Toshiba? Toshiba Satellite's(A210/215) awesome. :o

PokeGamer
12-02-2008, 12:02 PM
A Macbook (My mom has one)

Elite Dialga
12-02-2008, 12:39 PM
AH! I never thought I'd actually come across a question like this, you need some advice for a laptop, YOU GOT THE MAN, I will give you just the right advice for the laptop you need!

First of all, I need you to give me an anecdote of the things you'd expect out of it, I need you to tell me the following things:

1) Whats your Grandmother's budget? (How much is she willing to spend, this is very important)

2) What would you want out of your laptop (Examples: Light-Gaming, Hardcore-Gaming, watching videos, programming; it would be a good idea to mention any games you want to play, etc)

3) Your location

Just let me know and I'll be more than happy to help you out!

I'm waiting for your reply!

Clutch
12-02-2008, 08:05 PM
AH! I never thought I'd actually come across a question like this, you need some advice for a laptop, YOU GOT THE MAN, I will give you just the right advice for the laptop you need!

First of all, I need you to give me an anecdote of the things you'd expect out of it, I need you to tell me the following things:

1) Whats your Grandmother's budget? (How much is she willing to spend, this is very important)

2) What would you want out of your laptop (Examples: Light-Gaming, Hardcore-Gaming, watching videos, programming; it would be a good idea to mention any games you want to play, etc)

3) Your location

Just let me know and I'll be more than happy to help you out!

I'm waiting for your reply!

1.) $500 - $600

2.) Videos, light gaming (maybe a bit more, depends), needs a lot of space.

3.) Fairfax, VA.

Elite Dialga
12-03-2008, 09:22 AM
1.) $500 - $600

2.) Videos, light gaming (maybe a bit more, depends), needs a lot of space.

3.) Fairfax, VA.

Excellent, your budget meets your requirements perfectly, alright, lets get this started:

First of all I must tell you the cons and pros of each company that develops laptops and then Im going to recommend you the laptop I think is the best:

ACER

Pros:

-Cheap
-Readily available in market

Cons:

-Poor build quality
-High probability of being defective

HP

Pros:

-Beautiful designs
-Available at a high range

Cons:

-High heat dissipation/several heating issues
-Screen flicker issues

DELL

Pros:

-Excellent build quality
-Excellent customer support
-A plethora of models are available
-It will bleed every single drop of blood to serve its master

Cons:

-Expensive

Now, after observing your requirements, the laptop I recommend you is aDell STUDIO 15 dude this is an extremely beautiful laptop, with a non-plastic palm rest which is made from an alloy, sleek and sturdy, boasts a Dual - Core processor namely T2390 (codename: YONAH which is the predecessor of the SANTA ROSA Platform) and will allow you to run several tasks at a time, here are the detailed specs:

Processor:

- Intel® Pentium® Dual Core T2390 (1.86GHz/533Mhz FSB/1MB cache)
Specifications - Studio 15

Operating System:

- Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1

- Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)
Specifications - LCD Panel (True life crystal bright display)

Combo Drive:

- 8X Slot Load CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Specifications - Combo or DVD+RW Drive

RAM:

-2 GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2
Specifications - Memory (2 Dimms)

HDD:

- 160GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
Specifications - Hard Drive

Video Card:

- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Sound Card:

- High Definition Audio 2.0

Wireless Networking Cards:

- Dell 1397 Wireless-G Card

Battery:

- 56 Whr Lithium Ion Battery (6 cell)
Specifications

System Color:

- Jet Black

Support Services:

- 1Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty5 and Mail In Service

Biometrics:

- Figerprint Reader

PRICE: $599 + TAX = $680 (approx)

Here's the link, have a look at it on Dell's website:

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop_studio_15?c=us&cs=19&l=en&ref=lthp&s=dhs

Here's another link, it'll show you a high definition picture of this laptop so you can analyse it closely (you must look at this):

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/corporate/imagebank/notebooks/studio_15_300.jpg

It can be ordered online so you might have to do that or you might get it on shelf since DELL has started selling laptops on-shelf as well.

Tell me if you have any problems regarding its specifications (These specifications overkill your requirements) especially regarding its RAM or processor, I'll give you a detailed analysis of that.

Good Luck!

Clutch
12-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Wow.

Thanks dude, this laptop looks perfect! :D

You da man.

Elite Dialga
12-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Wow.

Thanks dude, this laptop looks perfect! :D

You da man.

Why thank you! I just knew it would work, its ultimate quality and breathtaking beauty doesn't fail! my heart exults to see you happy as I have successfully given you the right choice for a laptop. Its simply that I'm totally into these things. You'll have this laptop now & it won't let you down! (you can even brag about it among your friends! :wink:).

Good luck dude! :biggrin: